2021-2022 Alabama College of Osteopathic Medicine (ACOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can someone please tell me how to get into contact with the admissions office. I tried calling them and left them a message about a week ago and no one has called back. I also emailed them about a week ago and there was no response. How long does it usually take to get a response?

Members don't see this ad.

Are there any you recommend?
People typically live in random neighborhoods off-campus, but Hidden Lake is a common one which is really nice. There are also a few people staying in Dothan that will be looking for roommates (myself included), so you can always keep a lookout for that! Anyone can feel free to message me about Dothan/ACOM, I will be working with the incoming class next year so I might be able to help out.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Can someone please tell me how to get into contact with the admissions office. I tried calling them and left them a message about a week ago and no one has called back. I also emailed them about a week ago and there was no response. How long does it usually take to get a response?
That's quite strange. I have always gotten a reply whenever I have emailed, and they usually do answer the phones.

Are you using the correct email ([email protected]) and phone number? If so, I would keep trying because they are usually fairly responsive.

That's quite strange. I have always gotten a reply whenever I have emailed, and they usually do answer the phones.

Are you using the correct email ([email protected]) and phone number? If so, I would keep trying because they are usually fairly responsive.
Yes, I used that email and called 334-699-2266. Every time I call, it just says that the secretary is not at her desk and to leave a message and that she'll call back. I emailed and called on Monday and have not heard anything from them.

People typically live in random neighborhoods off-campus, but Hidden Lake is a common one which is really nice. There are also a few people staying in Dothan that will be looking for roommates (myself included), so you can always keep a lookout for that! Anyone can feel free to message me about Dothan/ACOM, I will be working with the incoming class next year so I might be able to help out.
Way to compromise your identity of here bro ;)

Way to compromise your identity of here bro ;)
I figure anyone that cares enough would know who I am based on my username anyway lol. I've never really understood the need for anonymity here unless you decide to go on a rant about your current school 😅

Reactions: 3 users
I figure anyone that cares enough would know who I am based on my username anyway lol. I've never really understood the need for anonymity here unless you decide to go on a rant about your current school 😅

That's honestly the only reason for it. My identity is out there easily to find due to not caring but I always like mentioning it for the fellow classmates that may not have thought about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi there! I'm wondering if it's normal to receive a secondary at this point in the cycle? I was expecting a silent rejection since I didn't get an invite last year, but I got one today.

Hi there! I'm wondering if it's normal to receive a secondary at this point in the cycle? I was expecting a silent rejection since I didn't get an invite last year, but I got one today.
Probably a money grabber but if you got the money then maybe submit it

Reactions: 2 users
I emailed them and they told me they were out of 1 bedroom apartments, it may change closer to the semester

Summerfield typically fills up pretty quick, but in my opinion if you don't mind a 3 minute drive to campus there are much better housing options, and cheaper

Thanks for y’all’s input. I’m going to wait til I hear from another school before I figure out housing.

ACOM had their first optho match ever this cycle. They also had NS and derm.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
just received secondary? are there still open spots

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably a money grabber but if you got the money then maybe submit it
I think they are still looking to interview more.

My secondary invite was January after an August primary, and led to an A.

Last edited:
Anyone recently got an II?
I’ve been on the pre II hold since august

Besides the one lucky fellow (congrats!) who got off the waitlist back in January has there been in post II waitlist movement? Back in January, the admissions director said that there is about 35-45% of students who get waitlisted get off the waitlist. I haven't seen anything else.

Submitted my secondary 2/14. Got an interview invite 3/7 and I was ACCEPTED TODAY. I'm in shock. I really was going back and forth about submitting that supplemental because I thought it was too late in the game, but I'm so glad I did!

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Wish I got off interview waitlist- hold. I sent updates of more volunteering and another semester 4.0 but not enough. Wish everyone good luck as future doctors

• Sad
  • Care
Anyone recently got an II?
I’ve been on the pre II hold since august
Just received an II (left a voicemail and email), I was complete/put on Pre-II waitlist back in November!! Interviewing 3/25

Does anyone know if the interview is closed or open file? Thanks!

Just received an II (left a voicemail and email), I was complete/put on Pre-II waitlist back in November!! Interviewing 3/25
Just reignited some hope for me. Hopefully I get the same

Just send them an email at admissions!
I emailed them but they never responded. Is there anything else I should to do? I never paid the deposit and the deadline passed. For people that withdrew their acceptance, what did you do?

Rejected just now after being on the waitlist since December. Good luck to you all!

• Care
was given R post-WL. Good luck to anyone else in the game.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I've been on the pre interview hold since July. Just want to get the R already.

II today. Quite surprised considering how late it is in the cycle? Also I never was notified of a pre-II waitlist or anything til a couple of weeks ago when they emailed me saying my file was complete. Odd but I'm thankful!

II today. Quite surprised considering how late it is in the cycle? Also I never was notified of a pre-II waitlist or anything til a couple of weeks ago when they emailed me saying my file was complete. Odd but I'm thankful!
when did you submit secondary? also mind sharing stats?

…Was it just me because I didn’t even realize you could get rejected if you were on the waitlist until the end of the cycle?

How long were you on the WL? I didn't anticipate them to reassess the WL this early considering interviews are still happening.
Actually interviewed back last September, got the WL after 2-3 weeks iirc.

• Sad
Hey! I plan on applying next cycle and wanted some input on how I stand as an applicant if y'all don't mind! My cGPA 3.58, sGPA 3.2, 491 (planning to retake in June), and I'm IS with good ECs. I hope to submit my application by Aug 1st. Do you think my submission would be late?

Hey! I plan on applying next cycle and wanted some input on how I stand as an applicant if y'all don't mind! My cGPA 3.58, sGPA 3.2, 491 (planning to retake in June), and I'm IS with good ECs. I hope to submit my application by Aug 1st. Do you think my submission would be late?
I would submit early if possible. Maybe right after you retake mcat? Slowly work on personal statement and EC writing.

Hey guys! Just got in interview offer from ACOM, which is scheduled for 4/22. Any tips or advice? I know it's pretty late in the cycle, so I was surprised when I got the email today. Thank you in advance.

Hey guys! Just got in interview offer from ACOM, which is scheduled for 4/22. Any tips or advice? I know it's pretty late in the cycle, so I was surprised when I got the email today. Thank you in advance.
congrats! were you on hold for an ii? also mind sharing stats?

II today, I'm shocked but elated! Sent my secondary in sometime in the fall.

II today after being on hold. Complete around late November. OOS and stats in sig. Will be declining, hope it goes to someone else!