2022-2023 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted right before Christmas so a little over a month. 50x MCAT, 3.6 cGPA/sGPA, non-trad, current career in healthcare
Did you send any LOI or updates after getting waitlisted ? Congratulations!!

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted for the second cycle in a row :cryi: Luckily I have another acceptance this time to another school but just wanted to tell everyone that isn't as fortunate to not bank on getting off the waitlist and don't put all your eggs in one basket. Thats exactly what I did last cycle and its the most anxiety inducing, stressful thing to check your email everyday and see nothing and then get a rejection the day after classes start at Wayne like I did. Make sure you start thinking of a plan and how you can improve your app for next cycle (maybe study mcat again to do better if thats where you think a weakness is) and don't end up unprepared like I was at the end of last cycle.That aside I really hope we all get into Wayne or any other schools that we're waiting on and good luck to everyone :luck:

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you send any LOI or updates after getting waitlisted ? Congratulations!!

I sent a letter of continued interest with some updates and expressing gratitude for the waitlist position a few days after I received the waitlist email. Because of my stats I figured I would be waitlisted so I had it prepared beforehand. I was just about to send a letter of intent this week before getting the email today.

Reactions: 1 user
I sent a letter of continued interest with some updates and expressing gratitude for the waitlist position a few days after I received the waitlist email. Because of my stats I figured I would be waitlisted so I had it prepared beforehand. I was just about to send a letter of intent this week before getting the email today.
Thank you very much

complete in august, still haven't heard anything... should I still be hopeful?
same.. I am thinking of emailing them to receive a possible update on my app because I have been complete since July

Does anyone know if wayne offers any roommate finding programs? Starting to look for a place to live next year and want to get my options together

Members don't see this ad :)
same.. I am thinking of emailing them to receive a possible update on my app because I have been complete since July
I am hoping more interviews are going to be sent out. Technically the 2ndary application are accepted until Feb 1st....

My secondary was submitted in 8/9 and LOI send in January.

I am hoping more interviews are going to be sent out. Technically the 2ndary application are accepted until Feb 1st....

My secondary was submitted in 8/9 and LOI send in January.
they responded and told me interviews will be occurring from this month til the next but once they are over, rejections will be sent out

Has anyone received an invite this week or recently? Historically, how many invites do they send out?

they responded and told me interviews will be occurring from this month til the next but once they are over, rejections will be sent out
I guess that is a good sign if they are still interviewing in march :/ I thought this month was the last for interviewing

I have withdrawn my acceptance to this school. Wishing all of you the best of luck and hoping that our paths cross in the future as physicians! Much love ❤️

Reactions: 19 users
Pre II R. Bummed since I was waitlisted here from November-June last year and didn’t even get a chance this year :/

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Haven’t heard anything since July. Not sure if this is a just a delayed Pre ii R as well since the happy holidays email stated they end in Feb for interviews

Reactions: 1 users
Is wayne sending pre-II R's sporadically or have there been a few waves?

anyone receive any scholarship info yet?
I haven't received any scholarship info yet, though I did receive an email last week to activate my wayne state email so that finaid could contact me. I think scholarships will start coming out soon, they said the first round would come out in Feb, so it may be later in the month.

decided to wait to send my update letter after my interview to see if I would need to (if I would get the A) got WL instead lmao so I sent a LOI early Jan. Still haven’t heard anything. Y’all think I should send my update letter now or wait til closer to april?

@wysdoc 1250 characters for each. $100 secondary.
  1. What characteristics and qualities are necessary for successful leadership? Do you think all physicians should be leaders? Please discuss your reasons.
  2. How would you address discordance between medical information vs disinformation? Discuss any impact on patients and society.
  3. What healthcare issues are faced by marginalized communities? Include the impact of at least one social determinant of health.
  4. Which of your experiences or activities align with WSU SOM’s mission? Please discuss how.
  5. Please answer if you have had a gap (career change, re-applicant, additional education, etc.). A “gap” is defined as a period of time between the end of your undergraduate education and the start of medical school. What activities have you participated in or plan to participate in during this period? How does this relate to your future career in medicine? Please mark N/A if this does not apply to you.
  6. If you are NOT a U.S. or Canadian citizen, please list and upload a copy of your current U.S. visa(s), including a permanent residency card (green card). *Please note, that non-Canadian international applicants are only eligible for admission if they have completed a degree at Wayne State University. International applicants are NOT eligible for federal student financial aid and must provide proof of funding prior to matriculation.
What are the stats to get into this school?

Any recommendations on where to live?
For housing, a lot of medical students live at the Scott at Brush Park and Studio One (by Essential Property Management). I haven't heard a lot of complaints from them, and the Scott looks very nice. I would recommend avoiding all other Essential Property Management buildings because they are very old and poorly maintained. Outside of Midtown, a lot of students live in the Lafayette Park area. I live at CCA Lafayette Park, which is about as good as it could be for the price that I pay. Lafayette Towers used to have a lot of medical students living in it, but there was a fire like a year and a half ago and the fire alarms did not go off, so a lot of my M3 friends have moved on to better buildings. I would also recommend avoiding the Lafayette Pavilion. I tried moving there as an M2, but they kept delaying my move and raising my rent. Some students also live in the surrounding suburbs (Ferndale, Royal Oak, Oak Park, and Dearborn) but I can't really recommend or disrecommend any one complex in those areas.