Drexel DPMS 2015-1016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Complete as of today! :naughty: And for confirmation for anyone that was wondering, the email said that interview invites don't get sent until after April 24th.

The wait begins..

Members don't see this ad.

Hey @toffeenut I just recently logged into my account and saw my application I submitted was there. It may just take awhile. I submitted mine at the end of January, so it shows my application and gives me the option to submit a new one. I read others threads about how they saw an invitation for an invite, so I look at it every few days to see, but I'm just making myself anxious lol.

Yeah, that's why I was concerned as to why I can't log back in and see it... I could've sworn that people saw interview invites on there in the past years. I was marked complete today, so hopefully it updates soon. It just immediately goes to "Select an Application Type" ughhh. @justalittlestar any updates with you? Might have to call on Monday.

Reactions: 1 user
Do we have to submit MCAT scores through MCAT THx? And if we do there is no option for Drexel DPMS...do we just submit to the two Drexel options?

Members don't see this ad :)
I recently submitted my application and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience as me. I received an email saying I needed to pay my app fee and that I wouldn't receive any additional updates on my app until I did. I attended an online info session and I received a waiver at the end. I called and was told to disregard that email and another one asking for an additional rec letter. Did anyone else receive a similar email and have a fee waiver?

And how long after you submitted you application was it marked complete?

Last edited:
Do we have to submit MCAT scores through MCAT THx? And if we do there is no option for Drexel DPMS...do we just submit to the two Drexel options?

I sent mine through MCAT THx. I sent it to "Drexel Medical Science Program."

I recently submitted my application and was wondering if anyone had a similar experience as me. I received an email saying I needed to pay my app fee and that I wouldn't receive any additional updates on my app until I did. I attended an online info session and I received a waiver at the end. I called and was told to disregard that email and another one asking for an additional rec letter. Did anyone else receive a similar email and have a fee waiver?

Yes this happened to me exactly. Respond to that last e mail and tell them the date you did it And they'll make a waiver for you that day :) and I was all set after

For the BCPM sheet, can we basically just use the info on our AMCAS app? They said they use the same system to calculate. That also means they don't do grade replacement, correct?

Yes this happened to me exactly. Respond to that last e mail and tell them the date you did it And they'll make a waiver for you that day :) and I was all set after

Thank you so much! I emailed them just waiting for their response.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know approximately how long after the deadline II will be sent out?

Based purely on last year's thread, the first interview invite was sent out on April 8th even though the application deadline was on April 25th.

Vast majority interviews are in early to mid May. They do a couple of interview dates earlier but those are smaller

For the BCPM sheet, can we basically just use the info on our AMCAS app? They said they use the same system to calculate. That also means they don't do grade replacement, correct?
No seriously... Anyone?

I've reading this thread and I guess we are all waiting until May to hear? My app is not marked complete yet because I had to resend my transcripts (incompetent transcript service, I submitted since February).

But I am anxious because it's so late in the cycle, I want to know what life will be like in the fall.

Just focus on life now( I luckily had senior design and graduation to distract me) think of back-up plans to do in the fall in case you don't get in. Work( because the summer can be expensive)

After submitting everything can we call the office to find out what they haven't received? Submitted mine but it still hasn't been marked as complete.

While in the BannerWeb Information System, it is not allowing me to input all of my previous colleges in that section. I have followed the directions repeatedly and even utilized the HELP link to ensure this. It continues to duplicate certain colleges and not save/record others. The rest of my application sections are complete, and this is delaying my submission. What should I do?

Also, what is the mailing address that I should have my transcripts AND letters of recommendation sent to?

While in the BannerWeb Information System, it is not allowing me to input all of my previous colleges in that section. I have followed the directions repeatedly and even utilized the HELP link to ensure this. It continues to duplicate certain colleges and not save/record others. The rest of my application sections are complete, and this is delaying my submission. What should I do?

I was also having that issue until I realized that each time you hit the "enter or view another college or degree" button you are actually advancing through the colleges/universities you have inputed. It is tricky if you have duplicate inputs where you have entered the information exactly the same - it won't appear to be advancing through when it actually is. If you keep clicking that button you will eventually see each entry you made. You will finally get to a "previous college" page where nothing is filled out. That just means that you have reached the end of your entries - you can add another college/university by filling out that page and so on... It is kind of hard to explain, but hopefully this helps!

Last edited:
Also, what is the mailing address that I should have my transcripts AND letters of recommendation sent to?

I sent my recommendation letters through interfolio. I sent my transcripts through postal mail to:

Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies

College of Medicine

Drexel University

New College Building, Room 4104

245 N. 15th Street, Mail Stop 344

Philadelphia, PA 19102

Reactions: 2 users
I sent my recommendation letters through interfolio. I sent my transcripts through postal mail to:

Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences and Professional Studies

College of Medicine

Drexel University

New College Building, Room 4104

245 N. 15th Street, Mail Stop 344

Philadelphia, PA 19102
Thanks!!!

I was also having that issue until I realized that each time you hit the "enter or view another college or degree" button you are actually advancing through the colleges/universities you have inputed. It is tricky if you have duplicated inputs where you have entered the information exactly the same - it won't appear to be advancing through when it actually is. If you keep clicking that button you will eventually see each entries you have made. You will finally get to a "previous college" page where nothing is filled out. That just means that you have reached the end of your entries - you can add another college/university by filling out that page and so on... It is kind of hard to explain, but hopefully this helps!
Thanks so much. This had me going crazy! I'll try it again.

Pardon my colloquialism when I say, Drexel please give a brotha a shot, All i want to do is be a doctor. The Medschool application process may just be a form of cruel and unusual punishment...i don't know if I can do it again...sorry folks just had to vent a little.lol...i can see my interview day now "why should we let you in?" because I'll have to move back home, I will literally sink into a deep depression and question all my life decisions up until this point sir.lol" ...originally from MP too shout out to the Chicago peeps...I live down south now, thank god for sunshine..good luck to everybody, newbie on the forum submitted yesterday ...hoping for an opportunity here. gpa not impressive by any means (sub 3.0 but went to grad school and did a lot better, hope that helps, 28MCAT) i think i saw a few ppl on last years forum that said they got in with 3.4+ and 30+, if they are looking for that then count me out.lol..but I pray for all of you, and whether this works out for us or not, keep pushing and keep grinding guys...it'll happen. looking forward to April!

This post is speaking to me right now! lol. I also hope they give a "sista" a chance. :)

Reactions: 3 users
Sorry if this was stated before but I'm wondering how LORs are sent in if I don't use or have interfolio. Do the writers just send it to their contact email on behalf of the student's name? If someone could answer I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Sorry if this was stated before but I'm wondering how LORs are sent in if I don't use or have interfolio. Do the writers just send it to their contact email on behalf of the student's name? If someone could answer I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
Yeah, the letters can be sent to [email protected]

Im not gonna lie, every time I see an alert today im just about ready to lose it since April 8th is when first interviews went out last year lol....but to be honest I don't think they have a set date in mind, I think they just go by whenever the appropriate parties say "ok, were ready to interview" and then they send out the invites...but I'll still be stalking this page today nonetheless lol

what has my life come to...im an internet forum stalker...a keyboard warrior...If my non premed friends only knew...lol

Reactions: 6 users
II!!! Just checked the portal!

Interview via portal!!!! im speechless, im assuming we will still get the email with available dates..but thank you jesus.. god is so good man

Last edited:
may sound dumb but portal....? Lol I logged into my application but is there another place for the portal?
Holy Crap Interview via portal!!!! im speechless, im assuming we will still get the email with available dates..but thank you jesus.. god is so good man

may sound dumb but portal....? Lol I logged into my application but is there another place for the portal?
if your application has been processed you will see it under "processed applications" at which point you can click on it and you will see a tab that say "view your decision" at the top...and it will say "you've been invited for an interview"... I hope that helps. I do know that the bulk of interviews are in May and they haven't gone through all the applications yet as the deadline hasn't been reached, I wouldn't be worried if you don't see anything up there yet

if your application has been processed you will see it under "processed applications" at which point you can click on it and you will see a tab that say "view your decision" at the top...and it will say "you've been invited for an interview"... I hope that helps. I do know that the bulk of interviews are in May and they haven't gone through all the applications yet as the deadline hasn't been reached, I wouldn't be worried if you don't see anything up there yet

Ok thanks so much! I never have used it before. I got an e mail saying my application was completed was I supposed to get a login and pin then? The one that I used for my application is not working...

Ok thanks so much! I never have used it before. I got an e mail saying my application was completed was I supposed to get a login and pin then? The one that I used for my application is not working...
No it's the same login you used to complete your app..I'm sure you can prob do a username /password reset..the primary dpms communications are very email so I'm sure the official communication of interviews will come via email

No it's the same login you used to complete your app..I'm sure you can prob do a username /password reset..the primary dpms communications are very email so I'm sure the official communication of interviews will come via email
Great. Thanks again :)

Interview via portal!!!! im speechless, im assuming we will still get the email with available dates..but thank you jesus.. god is so good man
Me too!!! I'm so excited. I've been checking my email like a mad woman :)

Reactions: 2 users
Oh man some movement is always good news, congratulations y'all!!!!

Reactions: 1 users