Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
No, they just left a message saying if you have any questions, feel free to call. Yet, I never had any questions except for why they are calling me? Just thought it was a tad bit weird. Hope it means that they are going to give me a free ride because I'm Hispanic and poor, but I may be extrapolating too much from the two second message.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea i see that they changed the "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" question. what should we do? cuz i already submitted

hi,
I'm trying to register in webstar, I entered the SIN, and the DOB as prompted, but it does not work. Any sugestions?

Make sure you are following the directions for webstar. I was trying to enter the "secure area" but that's the wrong link. The directions are in the email.

Thank you, I got it now.
I have a few questions and would appreciate your help:

Do I need to send transcripts directly to nova? In the application summary this item does not show as received. The transcripts were sent to AACOMAS as part of the primary application.

Why do I have 2 processed applications with two different dates? I wonder if I entered an extra one in error. The second application is the correct application. Do I need to delete the first application? if so how is this done?

I have a LOR from a Math professor: does this count as a science or liberal arts LOR?

Many thanks

Thank you, I got it now.
I have a few questions and would appreciate your help:

Do I need to send transcripts directly to nova? In the application summary this item does not show as received. The transcripts were sent to AACOMAS as part of the primary application.

Why do I have 2 processed applications with two different dates? I wonder if I entered an extra one in error. The second application is the correct application. Do I need to delete the first application? if so how is this done?

I have a LOR from a Math professor: does this count as a science or liberal arts LOR?

Many thanks

I sent them transcripts from Interfolio and they accepted them along with my LORs.

I'm not sure, but I have 2 as well. Only 1 got processed though because I only submitted one. I'm just ignoring the first one for now.

Math = non-science.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had two applications as well last cycle. I don't think it means much and I ignored it.

I sent them transcripts from Interfolio and they accepted them along with my LORs.

I'm not sure, but I have 2 as well. Only 1 got processed though because I only submitted one. I'm just ignoring the first one for now.

Math = non-science.

Hold up...so we really do need to send transcripts pre-interview? I just checked this link on the website and it says we only need to send transcripts when/if we matriculate. So why did you send transcripts to them?

http://medicine.nova.edu/do/admissions/procedures.html

Last edited:
Youre right there is no reason to send transcripts now. They will just ask for them again.

I was thinking like that until MedPR's last post. He must have his point in that, though: when I check my application status online, I see my Transcript line is empty whereas all other items are filled as received.

Can anyone asked to NSUCOM about this write here? (applicants from previous cyles are also welcome)

I was thinking like that until MedPR's last post. He must have his point in that, though: when I check my application status online, I see my Transcript line is empty whereas all other items are filled as received.

Can anyone asked to NSUCOM about this write here? (applicants from previous cyles are also welcome)

If they want if they'll ask for it.

Guys.. I asked to NSUCOM via email. We don't need to send any transcripts during application phase. Period...

Guys.. I asked to NSUCOM via email. We don't need to send any transcripts during application phase. Period...

great, now where will I put all this conjecture?!!

:laugh:thanks for checking this out

Can somebody tell me what they see on there app when they check it?

Attachments

• Nova..JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 137
Can somebody tell me what they see on there app when they check it?

That is what I see as well. Except both requirements say received. Im wondering why they dont include LORs on that?

So how does Nova usually invite for interviews? By phone? Email? Just curious since their "portal" or secondary application service doesn't seem like it would be updated to indicate an interview was scheduled (like AZCOM/CCOM for example).

I believe they typically email invites. I say this because when I called to check up on my status and was surprised with an invite over the phone, Anastasia said they had been having problems with their system and some people who were invited hadn't received the invite through email.

I believe they typically email invites. I say this because when I called to check up on my status and was surprised with an invite over the phone, Anastasia said they had been having problems with their system and some people who were invited hadn't received the invite through email.

Was this last cycle or this cycle?

What are my chances realistically if I have:

cGPA: 3.16
SGPA: 3.27
MCAT: 27P
Many extracurricular leadership roles and honor groups.
Shadowing both MD and DO for about 40 hours.

Would I considered competative here or at any DO school or should I go to a graduate school and have a great GPA there? I am a Chemistry major by the way.

What you should do is post this in every thread.

Would I considered competative here or at any DO school or should I go to a graduate school and have a great GPA there? I am a Chemistry major by the way.

You need to put this stuff in what are my chances if you want a strong answer.

Your chances ... Poor.

Did anyone else receive a call from Nova?

I did today, something about receiving something. I was just like uh huh, thanks. Didn't understand it.

Edit: Thought this post was from today, but I guess your call was completely different.

Last edited:
Did any of you get an e-mail saying you were complete at NOVA or is just that e-mail saying we can look at our app?

I feel like the summary they have on their portal is not very informative of our status.

Did any of you get an e-mail saying you were complete at NOVA or is just that e-mail saying we can look at our app?

I feel like the summary they have on their portal is not very informative of our status.

I had gotten an application complete email. And yes, their website is really not helpful.

I had gotten an application complete email. And yes, their website is really not helpful.

Would you mind sharing what the e-mail says? I get so many e-mails from them and I've called to ask questions like 4 times now and I never get a straight answer out of those people.

Secondary submitted today. 3.66/31R

dsoz

Go away, you're taking my spot.

Sorry about that... I do think that there are a lot of spots here to share. :)

Hey i thought you wanted AZCOM!? You cant have both....

I hear Florida is nice most of the year. Arizona is to darn hot for me. I am from Oregon and melt if the temperature gets near 100. I actually applied to to SOMA because it is only one year away, then possibly back in the pacific NW (Portland or Seattle sites!)

I want them all.. at least until I get an acceptance from one :)

I am feeling the same way. An acceptance from the right school can cause a whole lot of canceled applications for me. On the other hand, I would prefer one acceptance over zero. I am an old non-traditional applicant. I don't have many more chances to change my life like you young whipper-snappers do.:laugh:

Lol. Agreed. Just hope dsoz gets accepted quick and makes room for the rest of us.

I am hoping for that too, but my hometown school is notorious for not accepting many people until May. If I take the safe route (stay in the city and state that I grew up in) it may be a while until I hear from that school. If I take the adventurous route, then I can end up anywhere.

Good luck to you all.
dsoz

anyone else get another email from them today...just another 'check webstar' email. I can't even make heads or tails of that webpage anyway...

hows about an interview?? ;)

anyone else get another email from them today...just another 'check webstar' email. I can't even make heads or tails of that webpage anyway...

hows about an interview?? ;)

Yep actually got three of them