Nova Southeastern Univ (NSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2012 - 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It may be just me, but I've sent them several emails to confirm they received everything, and I haven't heard back from them once. Are they really that bad with emails? I have no problem calling, I figured I would email first. What email address to NOVA have you guys been sending emails to?

I know everyone is anxious about knowing what's going on with our applications but have a little patience. The secondary was just released on Tuesday so they are still downloading incoming primaries to send out secondaries, and incoming secondaries to send out the summary page among other things. So if they don't respond to your email within 24 hours, don't catch a heart attack.

Give it a week for them to get to the LOR's and send out emails about being complete. It's going to happen. Interview invites won't go out until mid August so relax until then. Do your part and make sure you send everything. Unless you want them to take time away from processing the applications to answer our impatient and sometimes non-emergency questions, then chill. Many of our questions are answered on these threads. :)

Members don't see this ad.

They got back to me on that passcode problem... everybody take note You have the original one you entered, your date of birth and your AACOMAS ID are all passwords... so if one doesn't work try another

Update on the "liberal arts" letter requirement. They just want a non-science letter not necessarily humanities or music etc

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone.

So I know this has been discussed on here but did anyone come up with a final answer regarding how many letters this school needs and when to hand them in?

I called up the school and the lady said they needed 3 letters but the website is asking for 4 (including DO). So I guess I am still confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Update on the "liberal arts" letter requirement. They just want a non-science letter not necessarily humanities or music etc

:thumbup: nice, I forgot to look into that...thanks for sharing

For sure man. They said they would take my kinesiology letter as non-science so I was super pumped.

Hey everyone.

So I know this has been discussed on here but did anyone come up with a final answer regarding how many letters this school needs and when to hand them in?

I called up the school and the lady said they needed 3 letters but the website is asking for 4 (including DO). So I guess I am still confused.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

They need your doctor letter (1). Plus either, (1) committee packet or (3) other letters, which are 2 science and one liberal arts (non-science).

So, either 2 or 4 letters, depending on if your school does a committee packet. Mine doesn't so I sent in a DO letter, 2 science teachers and 1 non science.

Hope that clears it up:)

They need your doctor letter (1). Plus either, (1) committee packet or (3) other letters, which are 2 science and one liberal arts (non-science).

So, either 2 or 4 letters, depending on if your school does a committee packet. Mine doesn't so I sent in a DO letter, 2 science teachers and 1 non science.

Hope that clears it up:)

Hmm okay, thanks a lot!!

I have so extras to send in and I called and asked if this would be okay and they said yes. I am waiting for my bio letter to arrive via snail mail but already have 2 sciences (chemistry) letters...should I just go ahead and submit now or wait and submit all three science and everything else together?

Does anyone know how we are supposed to know if our letters have been received? I just received an email stating how I can see what required documents have been received and in my application, all it says is: "AACOMAS Service Application - Received."

Just received yet another email from Nova. They send me more stuff than anyone!

Thank you for your application to Nova Southeastern University.

You may access a listing of your outstanding application requirements via our online system, WebSTAR:

Go to WebSTAR at www.webstar.nova.edu and select Admissions.
Admissions Login: If you filed your application via the web, use your Admissions Login ID and PIN. If you filed a paper application, use your NSU ID and Personal Identification Number* (PIN).
NOTE: If you completed a paper admissions application, your PIN was sent to you in a separate email.
Under Processed Applications, click on the Admissions Term value representing your application.
NOTE: If you have submitted more than one application to the university, multiple Admissions Term values may display.
Requirements are listed at the bottom of the page; outstanding items will not have a received date.

Please submit all required information or documents to Enrollment Processing Services by fax at (954) 262-3601 or by mail as follows:

Anyone else get this? Logged in and it showed my app with dates next to my AACOMAS and signature page, but says I need to send my transcript... If I understood previous posts, I don't actually need to send my transcript yet because I'm still completing my last year of undergrad?

Yeah I just received that email too. Other than what they said about your transcript, does it say anything about your letters of recommendation or anything?

Hmm okay, thanks a lot!!

I have so extras to send in and I called and asked if this would be okay and they said yes. I am waiting for my bio letter to arrive via snail mail but already have 2 sciences (chemistry) letters...should I just go ahead and submit now or wait and submit all three science and everything else together?

Id say together unless its too much longer for the last one...either way though, you won't be complete until the last one, so its probably more organized to send then together :shrug:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I just received that email too. Other than what they said about your transcript, does it say anything about your letters of recommendation or anything?

Nothing I could see about LOR's.

I was pretty confused by this too...I emailed them so hopefully they will clear it up. they only mention one of my two universities as well. :confused:

really baffled as to why I haven't received the secondary yet when I sent in my primary on June 1st.

really baffled as to why I haven't received the secondary yet when I sent in my primary on June 1st.

Thts how I am with Western.

I got an email this morning saying they received my letters. I also got the email they sent about checking my file. It said aacomas recieved and signature file recieved. Didnt say anything about transcripts or LORs

I got an email this morning saying they received my letters. I also got the email they sent about checking my file. It said aacomas recieved and signature file recieved. Didnt say anything about transcripts or LORs

Western pre-screens before sending secondaries.

They are really sending WAY too many emails. Plus they are ambiguous.

Got an email about being able to view what I'm missing in my application.. The screen just tells me that it was received, not that anything is missing or that everything is complete.

Same. Interfolio said all of my LOR requests were delivered to schools though, so I'm guessing everything is good right now.

Just received yet another email from Nova. They send me more stuff than anyone!

Thank you for your application to Nova Southeastern University.

You may access a listing of your outstanding application requirements via our online system, WebSTAR:

Go to WebSTAR at www.webstar.nova.edu and select Admissions.
Admissions Login: If you filed your application via the web, use your Admissions Login ID and PIN. If you filed a paper application, use your NSU ID and Personal Identification Number* (PIN).
NOTE: If you completed a paper admissions application, your PIN was sent to you in a separate email.
Under Processed Applications, click on the Admissions Term value representing your application.
NOTE: If you have submitted more than one application to the university, multiple Admissions Term values may display.
Requirements are listed at the bottom of the page; outstanding items will not have a received date.

Please submit all required information or documents to Enrollment Processing Services by fax at (954) 262-3601 or by mail as follows:

Anyone else get this? Logged in and it showed my app with dates next to my AACOMAS and signature page, but says I need to send my transcript... If I understood previous posts, I don't actually need to send my transcript yet because I'm still completing my last year of undergrad?

I was pretty confused by this too...I emailed them so hopefully they will clear it up. they only mention one of my two universities as well. :confused:
^ same
Got an email about being able to view what I'm missing in my application.. The screen just tells me that it was received, not that anything is missing or that everything is complete.

Wow just like last year they give you lots of information but just the wrong kind.... Wait until the interview invites start coming out .... I wonder what kind of chaos will happen then...

This is my high stress school of the applicant cycle

Wow just like last year they give you lots of information but just the wrong kind.... Wait until the interview invites start coming out .... I wonder what kind of chaos will happen then...

This is my high stress school of the applicant cycle

Take it from me, you haven't seen nothin' yet. Last year was so crazy with their system not working. I found out about my interview invite over the phone when I called to see what's up. It was a pleasant surprise but now I'm thinking about calling them again next week. Who knows, maybe I've already been accepted and they're just waiting for me to make the first move ;)

Obviously that is wishful thinking. :cool:

Take it from me, you haven't seen nothin' yet. Last year was so crazy with their system not working. I found out about my interview invite over the phone when I called to see what's up. It was a pleasant surprise but now I'm thinking about calling them again next week. Who knows, maybe I've already been accepted and they're just waiting for me to make the first move ;)

Obviously that is wishful thinking. :cool:

As a guy, story of my life. If you know what I mean.

My completed application page says the "transcript" isn't received. I thought we were gonna send them after we've been accepted.

Anyone sent his/her transcript(s) to NSU?

Last edited:
Man this thread is blowing up, the last time I looked it was still one page 1! I know all this secondary stuff is exciting and stressful at the same time, but take some time to relax guys. Take it from a reapplicant, this is a very long process and it is just getting started. Obsessing over every little detail will make you crazy. Give schools some time to process what you've sent in, and then contact them to confirm your application is complete. And good luck to everyone as we wait for those interview invites!

Man this thread is blowing up, the last time I looked it was still one page 1! I know all this secondary stuff is exciting and stressful at the same time, but take some time to relax guys. Take it from a reapplicant, this is a very long process and it is just getting started. Obsessing over every little detail will make you crazy. Give schools some time to process what you've sent in, and then contact them to confirm your application is complete. And good luck to everyone as we wait for those interview invites!

Hey you better get on it... This is how we roll in these parts...

Hey you better get on it... This is how we roll in these parts...

:laugh: yeah, that's for sure.

Just wondering if anyone has received the secondary app prompt yet and if so can they post it so I can get a head start? Much appreciated.

Just wondering if anyone has received the secondary app prompt yet and if so can they post it so I can get a head start? Much appreciated.

Yeah sure...
1) What is your credit card number? 8 Character limit....

2) Tell us about an osteopathic experience? Yes or No

3) Copy and paste your resume/CV in regards to volunteer, clinical and employment experience....

That it... there are no prompts

Yeah sure...

3) Copy and paste your resume/CV in regards to volunteer, clinical and employment experience....

Nice :thumbup:

Yeah sure...

I am willing to read this part of the secondary for everyone

I emailed admissions about fee waivers, and they said that they do waive fees. You still have to pay the $50 when you submit the secondary, but they said they would reverse the charge within 60 days if you have an AACOMAS fee waiver.

Well after 10 days I finally got an email back regarding the non science letter of rec requirement and figured i would update you guys even more than I had previously. Heres the email

"Good Afternoon hopefulmd9,

The liberal arts letter can be any letter that is not science related. If
you cannot obtain a letter from anyone in English, physiology, community
service/volunteer, etc. then that kinesiology letter would be ok.

Sincerely,

Anastasia P. Leveille
Admissions Counselor"

So this letter can apparently be any letter that is written by somebody ho isnt a science professor. Thought i would tell you guys.

Damn it. :mad: I should've submitted last week but waited...and now "how did you learn about osteopathic medicine" changed into paragraph form (it only says 'yes', which i previously clicked).

It would be a lazy move to just it leave it as 'yes', right? It's really tempting though...

Did anyone else receive a call from Nova?