Oklahoma State University (OSU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry let me clarify, have they sent any out pre II is what I meant. Sorry about the confusion, and thanks for the response
Not sure what pre II is. You mean a secondary application?

Members don't see this ad.

II = interview invite. I was just asking if anyone had done their secondary and then was rejected before being invited for an interview.
I don't think they send 'letters of reapplication' until after you've interviewed or late in the application cycle.

Does anyone know much about deferring for a year after being accepted? Hedging my bets since last committee letter Took so long to get and application. Officially complete so late and no interview invite yet. Just finishing up application for 1 yr MPH and 1 yr MS micro degree. So if accepted to med school late how likely they would let defer another year to start if I accept one of these and start in spring?
I know this is a very vague answer, but I am almost positive this is not a hard thing to get done, unless you told the school you were planning to graduate and in fact aren't going to graduate on the time specified in your application. If that is the case then you would need to not be worried about the deferred acceptance and more so on getting rejected -- That is not to say this is the case with you, just in case, a friendly warning! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know much about deferring for a year after being accepted? Hedging my bets since last committee letter Took so long to get and application. Officially complete so late and no interview invite yet. Just finishing up application for 1 yr MPH and 1 yr MS micro degree. So if accepted to med school late how likely they would let defer another year to start if I accept one of these and start in spring?
OSU interviews just started last week. They go until March I think.

When were you complete? How long does it take them to review before II?
I was complete July 20th, interviewed October 30th. They said we should know something in 2 weeks and that they review applicants every 2 weeks.

I was complete July 20th, interviewed October 30th. They said we should know something in 2 weeks and that they review applicants every 2 weeks.
I see. It'll be 3 weeks tomorrow since my file was complete and I haven't heard from them. I've been calling schools I don't hear back from, so I was thinking of waiting one more week to call.

Do they only call for II or do you also receive an email?

I've applied here but just wondering if yall think I have a chance? 3.9 GPA, 26 MCAT, out of state (although my hometown is only 1.5 hours from Tulsa)

I've applied here but just wondering if yall think I have a chance? 3.9 GPA, 26 MCAT, out of state (although my hometown is only 1.5 hours from Tulsa)
I really think you do.. oh, that GPA! The only reason you wouldn't is if they have a minimum MCAT above 26, which I'm not aware of.. good luck

I really think you do.. oh, that GPA! The only reason you wouldn't is if they have a minimum MCAT above 26, which I'm not aware of.. good luck
Recruiter was here yesterday.
State sets a minimum 21 MCAT to apply but her slides said a 27 was competitive.

That makes me happier with my 29. Come on OSU, show me some love!
She said OSU philosophy was less GPA and less MCAT then most schools. They pride themselves on looking for people. She seemed to stress community service, maybe shadowing, experience (CNA, LPN, EMT, etc.), volunteering, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
She said OSU philosophy was less GPA and less MCAT then most schools. They pride themselves on looking for people. She seemed to stress community service, maybe shadowing, experience (CNA, LPN, EMT, etc.), volunteering, etc.
I'm people! :D

That is good! Hopefully my scribing will help with that. Crossing my fingers, good luck to yall!

Spot on. I know this is hard to believe, but I a woman that works at the hospital in Tulsa (St. Johns) has a son who graduated from Harvard. He had an excellent GPA but OSU AND OU straight denied him for lack of community service. They said that the prestige factor means nothing unless you have proof of the type of person you are and that must match up with the school's philosophy. They apparently, from what the student said, told him he needed more community service volunteering hours in order to be considered. He got an acceptance the following cycle to OU.

The suspense is killing me. No email. No phone call. At least nobody else on here has posted anything yet either. The first group of interviewees should receive an admissions decision today

Reactions: 1 user
They were slower on the interviews than normal this year so hopefully that means the acceptances are slower also.

I am just going to stop predicting because I was clearly wrong both times, lets all cross our fingers!

Am I crazy that they said they would tell us last Friday? I'm wondering if i misremembered.

I think it is taking so long because they haven't clearly defined a cut off for the 2015 MCAT. At least that is what Sarah told me when I called. They are supposed to "receive a cut off from the Oklahoma State Regents".

Am I crazy that they said they would tell us last Friday? I'm wondering if i misremembered.
They told us we would know in two weeks (last Friday was two weeks), so no you're not crazy. I personally think two weeks is crazy fast especially for the first group of the cycle so I don't blame them for a short delay.

The last couple of cycles they have been been taking more like 3 weeks to notify interviewees. For a number of reasons, I can't imagine it would be faster this cycle.

I don't know if I can wait til Friday, or worse, have to wait through thanksgiving break.

Has anyone tried calling OSU to see the cause of the delay?

Got accepted just now! OOS complete early July 3.7 3.6 506

Reactions: 3 users
ACCEPTED Today!!!! Interview 10/30!

Got the call this morning that I was accepted!

Reactions: 1 users
congrats to everyone! I got the call this morning too, now time to decide :nailbiting:

Accepted yesterday! Interviewed 10/29.

Accepted Wednesday morning! Interviewed Nov 4th. Good luck to all. Just be patient and believe that everything will work out!

Congrats all.

Interviewed today. Must say real nice people, good campus, good school. Very impressed.

Anyone else on here interview today? Interested to put face with name to the 8 of us.

anyone else been waiting to hear for an interview? I have been complete for a long time but its been silent. I sent them updates back in september, but still no word.

anyone else been waiting to hear for an interview? I have been complete for a long time but its been silent. I sent them updates back in september, but still no word.
I've also been complete for more than 5 weeks. I called them two weeks ago, but it kept going to voicemail. I think I'll call them again sometime today.

I've also been complete for more than 5 weeks. I called them two weeks ago, but it kept going to voicemail. I think I'll call them again sometime today.
5 weeks isn't terribly long. I waited for 3 months before they called for an interview. Patience young grasshopper.

5 weeks isn't terribly long. I waited for 3 months before they called for an interview. Patience young grasshopper.
Truer words were never spoken. But I did end up calling them and was told to keep waiting. Sure, if that's what it takes...

I was never offered an interview last year and I never got a letter from them saying anything. they just kept saying to wait and that they still had X amount of interview dates left. I emailed the office early last week with updates and what not and nobody has gotten back to me.

Just got accepted!! Cant wait to meet you all and start

Reactions: 3 users
A little late getting my application in (probably spent too much time with AMCAS), just finished my aacomas, waiting for "complete": Chances of getting in? 510 (31.5 converted), 3.92 c/3.86 s. in state.

A little late getting my application in (probably spent too much time with AMCAS), just finished my aacomas, waiting for "complete": Chances of getting in? 510 (31.5 converted), 3.92 c/3.86 s. in state.
If you are in-state, then you have a real good shot pending your ECs.

Will be politely declining my spot here. Good luck to you all.

Have any of you spoken with Maghin about the Facebook page recently? I talked with her about it about 2 months ago but she stated that the staff/faculty start the page until our class officers take over once school starts. I'm hoping they'll start one soon so we can all put a face to the name!

It doesn't really get rolling until the spring semester.

I was waitlisted, does anyone know about how long it will be until they start taking people off? Thanks!

I was waitlisted, does anyone know about how long it will be until they start taking people off? Thanks!
Me too. I hope soon. I think it said in the email that they keep looking at the waitlisted people and compare them with the other students they interview. I would think there would be a lot of movement since a lot of people apply to OSU and OU and I think some may prefer the MD after thier name over the DO.