Pacific Northwest University (PNWU-COM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This is going to come at a bad time with that one guy trolling this thread, but I was looking at the "Fast facts" section of the PNWU website and found some questionable facts (maybe I'm understanding the numbers incorrectly, but I'm not directly accusing PNWU of making up numbers or anything). I'm a bit confused at the overall graduation rates, which report that the vast majority (like upper 90%) of students graduate. However, when I look at enrollment it says that there are only 75 fourth year students. Then when you look at the "Alumni" tab it says that there were 71 graduates in 2015 and 2014, 73 graduates in 2013, and 69 graduates in 2012. Doesn't PNWU admit around 140 students? How can they state their graduate rate is 95-98% when they start with ~140 students but only ~70 graduate? I feel as though I may be reading this wrong.

Also, I thought it was a bit sneaky of them to state that 100% of students matched into GME placements. If you look more closely, you'll see that the 18.3% of the class of 2015 went into a Traditional Rotating Internship. For those who are not familiar, the rotating internship is something you do if you don't match at ALL into a single residency program (kind of like a backup plan). Now, this school is one of my top choices based on location, but if nearly 20% of students aren't able to match into residency, that kind of seems like a red flag.

To add further clarification, I matched into radiology at my #1 location, but due to their reporting structure, my data is recorded as having only matched to a transitional internship.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Just a small reminder: everyone is entitled to their own opinion of the school and is free to discuss them on these boards as such. Therefore, the antithesis of the majority opinion about the school cannot and will not be hid or removed solely because many disagree with it. If you do not agree and/or do not wish to see a specific users posts please utilize the "ignore" feature at the bottom of their posts.

Thanks!

Reactions: 4 users
Just a small reminder: everyone is entitled to their own opinion of the school and is free to discuss them on these boards as such. Therefore, the antithesis of the majority opinion about the school cannot and will not be hid or removed solely because many disagree with it. If you do not agree and/or do not wish to see a specific users posts please utilize the "ignore" feature at the bottom of their posts.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reminder. While I am sure there are several of us who may not agree with some of the comments on here, I think we can all agree that "censoring" probably isn't something we want to dive into on an internet forum. (Long live the 1st amendment) It's just that much more important for us to prove our strengths as a school so people can make positive decisions and experiences on their own.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing tomorrow! Much sooner than expected, but so excited for the opportunity! :heckyeah:

Can anyone fill me in on how the interview goes at PNWU? Are our standard questions asked in groups or are they MMI's? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks so much in advance!

Congrats! I LOVED my interview experience here (and will be attending in August).
There are discussions about interview season earlier in this forum around October/November. The pages to look on should be 3-8ish I am guessing :)
Good luck!

ALSO, for those accepted and planning to attend in August... We have a Facebook page! Search "PNWU Class of 2020" then request to join. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Congrats! I LOVED my interview experience here (and will be attending in August).
There are discussions about interview season earlier in this forum around October/November. The pages to look on should be 3-8ish I am guessing :)
Good luck!

ALSO, for those accepted and planning to attend in August... We have a Facebook page! Search "PNWU Class of 2020" then request to join. :thumbup:

Thanks so much, @JLaw13! :giggle:

I loved being back in Yakima and meeting the PNWU community. I really hope to be joining you this summer!

Reactions: 1 user
One of the things prospective students should try and look into is the school's curriculum and check into the type of classes you will have whether they will be large, medium, small or a mix.

One of the things that is most most disappointing about this school is that all the classes are large. 80% of the classes are 140 students and the remaining 20% will be 70 students. You would think the developers of the curriculum would be smart and throw in a mix of small and medium size classes for case discussions and such. This school really skimps on the quality of classes, quality of instructors. Larger classes mean fewer staff commitments and less work. Just to give you an idea of the quality of the lectures a 2nd year student once told me he skipped all his classes before they instituted 5 point quizzes this year. And to give you an idea how poorly the students thought of these lectures, he said he once decided to drop in on a class and guess how many students there were, 20 students out of 140. It's a joke.

Last edited:
So how many days after the interview does your portal status change to reflect your final decision?

So how many days after the interview does your portal status change to reflect your final decision?
If I remember correctly it's generally a week. However, I have no idea in regards to the wait list and how that moves.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

I'm anxiously waiting for updates, too. :bookworm:

They mentioned that decisions for the 2/27 interview would be made by the end of this week!

I'm actually attending a different med school but I just had to chime in after reading this forum because a friend of mine is applying here. Med school is undeniably difficult, but if you're honestly using the fact you had to spend 5 min downloading a quiz as the reason you couldn't pass, then you just weren't cut out for med school anywhere. The fact that we also have dental and pharmacy students here has absolutely no affect on our success, I just happen to have friends who are dental students now. We somehow manage to download exams online and still study 8 hours a day, our classes are 200 students large and we still learn the material. Every school has its pros and cons, somehow hundreds were able to successfully make it through this program before you, and thousands will after you. I think it would just be healthier to accept some personal responsibility here, your heart just wasn't into it, so lick your wounds and move on.

Reactions: 8 users

If you're accepted generally you receive a call from admissions within a week of interviewing. If you haven't received a call, check your portal status and it will tell you if you've been wait listed or not.

I'm actually attending a different med school but I just had to chime in after reading this forum because a friend of mine is applying here. Med school is undeniably difficult, but if you're honestly using the fact you had to spend 5 min downloading a quiz as the reason you couldn't pass, then you just weren't cut out for med school anywhere. The fact that we also have dental and pharmacy students here has absolutely no affect on our success, I just happen to have friends who are dental students now. We somehow manage to download exams online and still study 8 hours a day, our classes are 200 students large and we still learn the material. Every school has its pros and cons, somehow hundreds were able to successfully make it through this program before you, and thousands will after you. I think it would just be healthier to accept some personal responsibility here, your heart just wasn't into it, so lick your wounds and move on.

Yeah, but this is not a once in a while thing. This is an everyday thing. And it is not just 1 or 2 quizzes, it is more like 2 - 5 quizzes everyday. And that's just the start.

Then you have the 15 - 20 minutes you have to spend everyday checking your email on Outlook because this school for some reason, like I've said owns you, and will send out like 30 emails a day. And you can't ignore them because embedded in them are crucial emails such as your exam times, when assignments are due, when someone wants to see you, yes, just out of the blue. Make sure to have your outlook closed until you check them otherwise it will be ringing throughout the whole day.

Considering all this ****, I wonder how I even passed 5 classes, SciFom, Anatomy, OPP, Clin, etc. (come on, I know I'm cut out for this ****.)

And these are just the beginning, oh yes, there's more. Stay tuned to find out ...

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
By the way the the University Parkway Apartments' wait list is moving pretty quickly! I was like 35th on the list a few weeks ago and now I am second in line. SO get your name on the list peeps.

Yeah, but this is not a once in a while thing. This is an everyday thing. And it is not just 1 or 2 quizzes, it is more like 2 - 5 quizzes everyday. And that's just the start.

Then you have the 15 - 20 minutes you have to spend everyday checking your email on Outlook because this school for some reason, like I've said owns you, and will send out like 30 emails a day. And you can't ignore them because embedded in them are crucial emails such as your exam times, when assignments are due, when someone wants to see you, yes, just out of the blue. Make sure to have your outlook closed until you check them otherwise it will be ringing throughout the whole day.

Considering all this ****, I wonder how I even passed 5 classes, SciFom, Anatomy, OPP, Clin, etc. (come on, I know I'm cut out for this ****.)

And these are just the beginning, oh yes, there's more. Stay tuned to find out ...
Yeah I can't imagine how you were even able to pass a single class when you were expected to download quizzes for 5 min a day AND check your email. Props.

Reactions: 6 users
Yeah I can't imagine how you were even able to pass a single class when you were expected to download quizzes for 5 min a day AND check your email. Props.

Thanks. Considering I didn't want to do any of that stuff when I was signing up for $50,000 a year. It's not exactly email. It's more like junk mail you're forced to read for 15 - 20 minutes everyday. It might be 5 min to download the quizzes but you're probably losing a good 15 minutes everyday because you have to pull away from what you are doing and focus and then refocus back to what you were studying.

Three exams per class per semester that's the way it ought to be period and then leave me the **** to study and do other interesting ****. Some say oh the everyday quizzes are meant to fill 30% of the grades and moderate your score. No, this is the only school I know of that does this. Otherwise, no one would show up to classes. That's why check with each school's curriculum. If I had known this I would have gone to another school.

Last edited:
One of the things prospective students should try and look into is the school's curriculum and check into the type of classes you will have whether they will be large, medium, small or a mix.

One of the things that is most most disappointing about this school is that all the classes are large. 80% of the classes are 140 students and the remaining 20% will be 70 students. You would think the developers of the curriculum would be smart and throw in a mix of small and medium size classes for case discussions and such. This school really skimps on the quality of classes, quality of instructors. Larger classes mean fewer staff commitments and less work. Just to give you an idea of the quality of the lectures a 2nd year student once told me he skipped all his classes before they instituted 5 point quizzes this year. And to give you an idea how poorly the students thought of these lectures, he said he once decided to drop in on a class and guess how many students there were, 20 students out of 140. It's a joke.

Sadly, these incessant posts about the quality of the school's curriculum, the professors, the class sizes, the time it takes to download quizzes (really, quiz downloads? - it takes 10 seconds to do so), and now the daily emails, are not positively contributing to the objectives of this forum. They are merely showcasing your coping process. It would be far more healthy for you to, as a previous poster wrote: "Lick your wounds and move on", rather than try to discourage other excellent candidates from matriculating to this fine school.

It must be too difficult for you to accept the most obvious reason you are now in the situation you are in: you didn't have the number of points needed to pass those 2 courses. You can blame the professors for the bulk of your failure all you want, but as previously mentioned, you are the only person to have ever failed pharmacology in the entire history of the school. Quite compelling as this course is taught by one of the best professors (Dr. William Elliot) I have ever of had the privilege of learning from. As for Musculoskeletal/Integument system, admittedly, being mostly Faculty Directed Study modules, and having to actively engage in self-learning, it was indeed more challenging; especially if you are accustomed to going to lecture and taking notes like I am. However, if you put in the work, you passed; plain and simple. This has nothing to do with educational quality, class sizes, having to download quizzes, or any of the other reasons you gave.

Indeed, you did pass 5 courses (challenging ones too), but when it came to the 2 aforementioned courses, you fell short. 3 other colleagues (1 was involved in a car accident and had to take medical leave - she passed all of her courses for the semester though) also failed 2 courses as well. So that is 4 students out of 140 (a little less than 3%). Given the difficulties of medical school in general, and the fact that attrition rates at medical schools across the US average between 5-10% (MD on the lower end, DO on the higher), PNWU is still below the average. Thus, PNWU is not the problem at all (even with the curriculum changes).

However, to give prospective students an even further understanding about PNWU, and how much it cares about their students' success (should they encounter academic/personal difficulties), it should be mentioned that out of the aforementioned 5 students who are no longer in the class of 2019, 4 of them are returning to rejoin the class of 2020. Why your situation is different is largely because of personality conflicts you had with some of your former colleagues (as I have recently learned).

Anyway, if any prospective students have any pressing questions about the interview process, living in Yakima, or courses, course loads, or materials that we use (should you wish to get a head start on your studies if you've been accepted). Don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to meeting all of you, class of 2020, in the fall!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
Sadly, the real joke here is you. Your incessant posts about the quality of the school's curriculum, the professors, the class sizes, the time it takes to download quizzes (really, quiz downloads? - it takes 10 seconds to do so), and now the daily emails, are demonstrating classic compensation/rationalization defense mechanisms (for all of you psychiatry enthusiasts like me out there). Casebook study in narcissism and denial. It would be far more healthy for you to, as a previous poster wrote: "Lick your wounds and move on", rather than try to discourage other excellent candidates from matriculating to this fine school.

You're really scraping the bottom of the barrel in trying to come up with reasons why you FAILED out, as it must be too difficult for you to accept the most obvious reason: you didn't have the number of points needed to pass those 2 courses. You can blame the professors for the bulk of YOUR failure all you want, but as previously mentioned, you are the only person to have EVER failed pharmacology in the ENTIRE history of the school. Hard to imagine as this course is taught by one of the best professors (Dr. William Elliot) I have ever of had the privilege of learning from. As for Musculoskeletal/Integument system, admittedly, being mostly Faculty Directed Study modules, and having to actively engage in self-learning, it was indeed more challenging; especially if you are accustomed to going to lecture and taking notes like I am. However, if you put in the work, you passed; plain and simple. This has nothing to do with educational quality, class sizes, having to download quizzes, or any of that other trite.

So as a recap of your performance. Indeed, you did pass 5 courses (challenging ones too), but when it came to the 2 aforementioned courses, you fell short. 3 other colleagues (1 was involved in a car accident and had to take medical leave - she passed all of her courses for the semester though) also failed 2 courses as well. So that is 4 students out of 140 (a little less than 3%). Given the difficulties of medical school in general, and the fact that attrition rates at medical schools across the US average between 5-10% (MD on the lower end, DO on the higher), PNWU is still below the average. SO, long story short, PNWU is not the problem at all (even with the curriculum changes); your study habits (or obvious lack thereof for these 2 courses) were.

However, to give prospective students an even further understanding about PNWU, and how much it cares about their students' success (should they encounter academic/personal difficulties), it should be mentioned that out of the aforementioned 5 students who are no longer in the class of 2019, 4 of them are returning to rejoin the class of 2020; essentially, every one except you. Why this is the case is largely because of some personality conflicts you had with some of your former colleagues (as I have recently learned).

Anyway, if any prospective students have any pressing questions about the interview process, living in Yakima, or courses, course loads, or materials that we use (should you wish to get a head start on your studies if you've been accepted). Don't hesitate to contact me. I look forward to meeting all of you, class of 2020, in the fall!

Just curious now that you've chosen to state my name on a public forum, as they say outed me out. Who are you?
Or is this not an equal public disclosure and you mention my name but not brave enough to tell us who you are.

Another curiosity, you mention a lot of privileged information in your statement that I do not believe could have been gotten as a normal student, may I ask how you have come to acquire this?

Oooowwh, the drama builds folks. Stay tuned. This might attract quite the crowd.

Last edited:
This is a reminder that the outting of members is NOT acceptable at any time. The continuation of such behavior will not be tolerated.

If a user is trolling or bothering you, do not engage or flame the user, do not call them out. Use the "ignore" feature, use the "report feature".

Final warning in this thread to continue the discussion specific to the school.

Guys can we keep this relevant please. I'd really like for this thread not to be shut down. I am not sure that I feel the more recent pages of posts are the best representation of our school. I know I am at fault and have contributed to the less than relevant conversation, but I really want to improve and I hope we can have a more positive tone here. I miss it. I want to see more excitement about all the new students coming in. I want to feel like we are building something up not tearing it down. Shout out to all of you out there being great. I can't wait to work with you. I joined the group FB page as well, if you are gonna be here next year, do as previously mentioned and join it!

Guys can we keep this relevant please. I'd really like for this thread not to be shut down. I am not sure that I feel the more recent pages of posts are the best representation of our school. I know I am at fault and have contributed to the less than relevant conversation, but I really want to improve and I hope we can have a more positive tone here. I miss it. I want to see more excitement about all the new students coming in. I want to feel like we are building something up not tearing it down. Shout out to all of you out there being great. I can't wait to work with you. I joined the group FB page as well, if you are gonna be here next year, do as previously mentioned and join it!

Well I am super excited to begin classes in the fall!!!!! Although some people may have had some bad experiences at PNWU, I am not intimidated and look forward to every challenge medical school will throw at me! :banana::):D:soexcited:

Last edited:
My interview is 03/25. Is this just for the waitlist?
My interview last year was a late March interview for a waitlist spot. From my "just a waitlist" interview date alone, there are five of us currently attending, so don't write it off.

Sadly, these incessant posts about the quality of the school's curriculum, the professors, the class sizes, the time it takes to download quizzes (really, quiz downloads? - it takes 10 seconds to do so), and now the daily emails, are not positively contributing to the objectives of this forum. They are merely showcasing your coping process. It would be far more healthy for you to, as a previous poster wrote: "Lick your wounds and move on", rather than try to discourage other excellent candidates from matriculating to this fine school.

It must be too difficult for you to accept the most obvious reason you are now in the situation you are in: you didn't have the number of points needed to pass those 2 courses. You can blame the professors for the bulk of your failure all you want, but as previously mentioned, you are the only person to have ever failed pharmacology in the entire history of the school. Quite compelling as this course is taught by one of the best professors (Dr. William Elliot) I have ever of had the privilege of learning from. As for Musculoskeletal/Integument system, admittedly, being mostly Faculty Directed Study modules, and having to actively engage in self-learning, it was indeed more challenging; especially if you are accustomed to going to lecture and taking notes like I am. However, if you put in the work, you passed; plain and simple. This has nothing to do with educational quality, class sizes, having to download quizzes, or any of the other reasons you gave.

Indeed, you did pass 5 courses (challenging ones too), but when it came to the 2 aforementioned courses, you fell short. 3 other colleagues (1 was involved in a car accident and had to take medical leave - she passed all of her courses for the semester though) also failed 2 courses as well. So that is 4 students out of 140 (a little less than 3%). Given the difficulties of medical school in general, and the fact that attrition rates at medical schools across the US average between 5-10% (MD on the lower end, DO on the higher), PNWU is still below the average. Thus, PNWU is not the problem at all (even with the curriculum changes).

However, to give prospective students an even further understanding about PNWU, and how much it cares about their students' success (should they encounter academic/personal difficulties), it should be mentioned that out of the aforementioned 5 students who are no longer in the class of 2019, 4 of them are returning to rejoin the class of 2020. Why your situation is different is largely because of personality conflicts you had with some of your former colleagues (as I have recently learned).

I greatly appreciate your post in so many ways. It gives wonderful insight to how PNWU operates, how they treat their students, etc, which appears to be very positive (they want their students to succeed). Personally, I chose not to interview at PNWU because I was accepted to my #1 osteopathic choice, but I can't help but feel that a certain fellow's posts (not to be named...) is discouraging tons of potential applicants/matriculants. Hearing the truth straight from other students is refreshing. I also do not doubt the strength of the student body at PNWU, since I have seen many students come onto this thread and offer a helping hand.

Anyways, marcelodamon, thank you for your meaningful post.

I greatly appreciate your post in so many ways. It gives wonderful insight to how PNWU operates, how they treat their students, etc, which appears to be very positive (they want their students to succeed). Personally, I chose not to interview at PNWU because I was accepted to my #1 osteopathic choice, but I can't help but feel that a certain fellow's posts (not to be named...) is discouraging tons of potential applicants/matriculants. Hearing the truth straight from other students is refreshing. I also do not doubt the strength of the student body at PNWU, since I have seen many students come onto this thread and offer a helping hand.

Anyways, marcelodamon, thank you for your meaningful post.

I have to disagree. Based on what that individual has posted and complained about, it seems pretty clear to me that the problem lies with the individual, not the school. As an applicant I haven't been "turned off" to the school in any way. The only thing that concerns me about the school is the fact that this person was admitted in the first place.

My opinion is that HeadtoDoc was an unusual case by which s/he failed to get along with others, put forth the effort, complained excessively about a lot of small things (checking emails for quizes...), etc. By show of the current PNWU students who have come on this forum to prove him/her wrong and substantial the idea that PNWU is good program, and that medical school is "what you make of it"... I feel a lot more comfort in any one who is planning to attend as class of 2020.

Why was HeadtoDoc admitted in the first place? Every school has bad apples, no matter where you go. If you let that discourage you from seeking reliable information from knowledgeable individuals... then you might be cutting yourself short (not just in this situation, but other as well).

As I've stated before I have no quibbles with my classmates. I question some who have chosen to now character assassinate me. I stand by everything I have said is all true. I would recommend any one considering this school to steer clear away. There are many better alternative schools.

Straight at the top of the list of reasons is our faculty and staff is too White, White, White. Out of 120 faculty and staff how is it that there are only couple minority clinical faculty when our general population has 30% minority.

I proudly admit I was one of the 5 that had 2 incompletes from last semester. I had a lot on my mind. Having said this out of the 5 with 2 incomplete, I was the only minority and since you conveniently now brought to light I was the only one not invited back because of "personality conflicts you had with some of your former colleagues (classmates I take it)" what exactly were they? Maybe you could find this out and report back here because I would also like to know.

My opinion is that HeadtoDoc was an unusual case by which s/he failed to get along with others, put forth the effort, complained excessively about a lot of small things (checking emails for quizes...), etc. By show of the current PNWU students who have come on this forum to prove him/her wrong and substantial the idea that PNWU is good program, and that medical school is "what you make of it"... I feel a lot more comfort in any one who is planning to attend as class of 2020.

Why was HeadtoDoc admitted in the first place? Every school has bad apples, no matter where you go. If you let that discourage you from seeking reliable information from knowledgeable individuals... then you might be cutting yourself short (not just in this situation, but other as well).

Have you also considered every school also has bad faculty and staff members who are also bad apples. I do believe I am a victim of racial discrimination, age discrimination, and in particular certain white staff member that was hell bent on expelling me for personal reasons.

Well I am super excited to begin classes in the fall!!!!! Although some people may have had some bad experiences at PNWU, I am not intimidated and look forward to every challenge medical school will throw at me! :banana::):D:soexcited:

Congrats, @ivanpeluches!

Just got the call as well. I'm so happy to be joining you! :giggle:

Just going to put this out there independent of any of the recent goings-on in this thread.

Observations of the PNWU faculty by a PNWU student:
  • For the record, it's quite common to email our professors in the late evening and receive a cogent, in-depth answer that same evening, which is then shared with the class. One such professor has a habit of writing email replies that are a good page long, and at the bottom, it says "sent from my iPhone" (take that for what you will, but that seems like a pain in the butt to me).
  • It's not uncommon to see faculty here until 10pm or later, and while they might be doing curriculum development or something else, their doors are open and I've never had one incident in which I was told to come back later.
  • Another faculty member goes so far as to schedule his office hours well into the evening, recognizing that evenings were the only time we weren't occupied with classes.
  • During the basic sciences course (scifom), yet another faculty member (sharing the name of a Marvel comic book character) would be on campus the evenings leading up to exams until 0100 hrs (really), roaming the building, lit'rally looking for students to help.
  • Then there's the group study-halls/Q&A sessions with yet another faculty member that take place during lunch or in the evenings, again at student request.
  • And while this may be considered touchy-feely for some, one faculty member honors us with a reflective and inspirational pep talk prior to exams and in the midst of a semester where things are grinding along in a seemingly endless manner.
  • The faculty, by and large, seem to have a great sense of humor (some dry, some slapstick). While this doesn't seem to amount to much, it makes them so much more approachable in my book.
  • (As a disclaimer, I'm sure PNWU doesn't expect the faculty to do any of this and my observations of behavior patterns do not constitute a guarantee of continued awesomeness by the faculty. So if you happen to get in and go looking around at 1am for Professor Y and don't see them, or haven't got a reply from Professor Z to the email you sent at 11:30 pm, what can I say but YMMV?
This is not to say there's not problems, frustrations, or things I hope to see changed, but in comparing notes with friends and family at other medical schools, it seems like I found myself in a school where the faculty want to see us succeed and are willing to go well past the normal 8-5 workday to do so.

My interview last year was a late March interview for a waitlist spot. From my "just a waitlist" interview date alone, there are five of us currently attending, so don't write it off.
Thanks for your reply. I actually already got into my #1 school so I cancelled the interview.

I'm just sitting here not feeding the troll.

I speak on this forum as a fellow indifferent student that has inside knowledge of the workings of this school. Knowledge that certainly would have been helpful to me when I was deciding out of the 4 acceptances I had last year.

Instead of hearing all cheery rosy picture that current students try and portray to hook you in. You have to read through the fine line to glean the good stuff.

I speak on this forum as a fellow indifferent student that has inside knowledge of the workings of this school. Knowledge that certainly would have been helpful to me when I was deciding out of the 4 acceptances I had last year.

Instead of hearing all cheery rosy picture that current students try and portray to hook you in. You have to read through the fine line to glean the good stuff.
Listen, this is getting out of control. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't get it, why do you think that your opinion is more right than the others? It looks like other students are being very realistic and agree that there are some problems, just like in EVERY other school. Everyone has a different experience and it's OK for them to like the school. No one is painting a rosy picture here, and you are the only one who is forcing your opinion upon others.

Also where is the ignore button?
I am serious.

Listen, this is getting out of control. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I don't get it, why do you think that your opinion is more right than the others? It looks like other students are being very realistic and agree that there are some problems, just like in EVERY other school. Everyone has a different experience and it's OK for them to like the school. No one is painting a rosy picture here, and you are the only one who is forcing your opinion upon others.

I am serious.

The fact that this school's faculty and staff is not diverse enough based on the numbers is a fact, it is not an opinion.

The fact that you need to setup Outlook to check many emails everyday just for this school is also a fact.

The fact that all the classes at this school are either 70 or 140 large and impersonal is also a fact. Most of what I say are actually facts not necessarily opinion.

Last edited:
The fact that this school's faculty and staff is not diverse enough based on the numbers is a fact, it is not an opinion.

The fact that you need to setup Outlook to check many emails everyday just for this school is also a fact. Most of what I say are actually facts not necessarily opinion.
welp I am sorry but your facts are not convincing enough to steer away from this school, especially the one about Outlook ( at first, I though you were joking) I mean seriously? Have you ever had a grown up job where you had to check your email for updates/ comments/ requests/ etc every 15 mins? This fact only tells me about your not so great organizational and multitasking abilities.
B. your facts could be applied to hundreds of others schools, and are not unique to PNWU.

The fact that all the classes at this school are either 70 or 140 large and impersonal is also a fact. Most of what I say are actually facts not necessarily opinion.
This is an opinion, the fact is when everyone agrees indisputably about it. And obviously your other classmates don't. So please get your FACTS straight.

welp I am sorry but your facts are not convincing enough to steer away from this school, especially the one about Outlook ( at first, I though you were joking) I mean seriously? Have you ever had a grown up job where you had to check your email for updates/ comments/ requests/ etc every 15 mins? This fact only tells me about your not so great organizational and multitasking abilities.
B. your facts could be applied to hundreds of others schools, and are not unique to PNWU.

Perhaps the reality is somewhere in between.

But in med school you become guarded about your time especially low yield distractions which this school has a lot of.

Perhaps the reality is somewhere in between.

But in med school you become guarded about your time especially low yield distractions which this school has a lot of.
again it's all about your organizational, multitasking, time management abilities, nothing to do with the school. If other 139 people can do it ( especially those who have families/ kids/ part time jobs), I am sure you can do it as well.

Last edited:
The best thing to do when informing people is to get everyone's opinion on the table. I think that has been accomplished. I appreciate all the suggestions, concerns, enthusiasm, and perspectives shared.

If anyone has more questions about what someone specifically said on this forum I suggest you use the personal, direct message format to find out more.

Moving forward, I hope each of you find what you are looking for in terms of education.

Good luck!
Stay classy!

Reactions: 2 users
again it's all about your organizational and multitasking abilities, nothing to do with the school. If other 139 people can do it, I am sure you can do it as well.

Remember you're only one person with so many hours in a day, multitasking can only take you so far, a few minutes here a few minutes there can be the difference between failing two classes and not failing.

Remember you're only one person with so many hours in a day, multitasking can only take you so far, a few minutes here a few minutes there can be the difference between failing two classes and not failing.
Right, please tell me how people who have kids/ part time jobs/ etc pass the classes and finish medical school. And they also spend 15 mins checking the emails for updates.... wow

I don't care if one person had a negative experience and is so blindly vindictive they're trying to put down other people's dreams. The opportunity to receive a medical education is a privilege and HeadtoDOC's complaints are nothing more than sour grapes. And with that attitude they shouldn't be a physician anyway. PNWU's numbers and regional reputation speaks for itself. We know that it's difficult. Clearly, they didn't rise to the challenge. Move on!! Whew! That felt good.

As for myself, I saw my Application Status changed to Waitlisted today. A little bummed I didn't get accepted straight away but still thankful and hopeful! Sounds like last year's waitlist got ranked late April and people got accepted early May. My numbers are not the best - 3.06 science GPA, 3.58 overall GPA, MCAT scores 28 (2012) and 505 (2015). I'm a non-traditional applicant and this was my first interview - I wonder if I came across too excited rather than poised. I know I forgot to hit some of my main points in the MMI but I felt good overall. Trying not to obsess! I'm going to email admissions next week to confirm the Waitlist timeline and ask if they'll give feedback about my interview.

Reactions: 2 users
I don't care if one person had a negative experience and is so blindly vindictive they're trying to put down other people's dreams. The opportunity to receive a medical education is a privilege and HeadtoDOC's complaints are nothing more than sour grapes. And with that attitude they shouldn't be a physician anyway. PNWU's numbers and regional reputation speaks for itself. We know that it's difficult. Clearly, they didn't rise to the challenge. Move on!! Whew! That felt good.

As for myself, I saw my Application Status changed to Waitlisted today. A little bummed I didn't get accepted straight away but still thankful and hopeful! Sounds like last year's waitlist got ranked late April and people got accepted early May. My numbers are not the best - 3.06 science GPA, 3.58 overall GPA, MCAT scores 28 (2012) and 505 (2015). I'm a non-traditional applicant and this was my first interview - I wonder if I came across too excited rather than poised. I know I forgot to hit some of my main points in the MMI but I felt good overall. Trying not to obsess! I'm going to email admissions next week to confirm the Waitlist timeline and ask if they'll give feedback about my interview.
Waitlisted as well... I was hoping for better news but one of my MMI stations didn't go particularly well, and my numbers have some weaknesses, so I'm not particularly surprised. Hopefully we get off the waitlist soon!

Waitlisted as well... I was hoping for better news but one of my MMI stations didn't go particularly well, and my numbers have some weaknesses, so I'm not particularly surprised. Hopefully we get off the waitlist soon!
Pretty much exact situation as mine. I hope there will be a lot of movement.

While all of the comments about the shortcomings of the school are interesting to hear, I have some questions for current students about life in Yakima/medical school:
1) What are your typical evenings and weekends like? Do you find yourself having time for normal stuff (chores, seeing friends, outdoor activities, exercise), or is this time limited in your experience?
2) Do you think the amount of money budgeted for cost of living by the school is decent?
3) What has been the toughest transition for you when you first went into medical school?

I am serious.
Click on his name, and a pop-up will appear. There's an 'Ignore' option.
Honestly, whenever he writes something, or when someone even quotes his post, I just fly on by.