Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hoping to hear some decisions back soon from last Fridays interview groups!!!!

You think it will be this week?
Also they do call right? I can't remember what they said!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
late applicant (September Retaker)

I don't if this is a dumb question but did you submit the same or a similar 250wd essay if you applied to PCOM-GA and PCOM-Philly. I really liked my essay that I sent to Philly so I was just wondering.

late applicant (September Retaker)

I don't if this is a dumb question but did you submit the same or a similar 250wd essay if you applied to PCOM-GA and PCOM-Philly. I really liked my essay that I sent to Philly so I was just wondering.

You can do that. The two campuses can't see the other's application so go ahead and use the same one.

I don't think so. I'm pretty sure they said it would be through the mail

I agree. After reading all of the 2012-2013 thread last week, I believe that's how they let you know your status after interviewing. Accept/Reject/Waitlist... all via mail.

You think it will be this week?
Also they do call right? I can't remember what they said!

They said the committee met Monday from what I understood, and yes you will be notified by snail mail, however my friend that is a current first year said he received both mail and email stating his acceptance - also everyone I know that is a first year now (only a few people) said they heard back the week after interviews so I'm hoping since we were the first batch we hear back soon as well

I would love to go here. Atlanta is pretty awesome and I have a bunch of family an hour away from the campus.

I'm surprised no one has heard back yet. Guess it's going to be next week.

Received interview invitation for Nov. 4th! So excited~ Hopefully I will see everybody there~!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe I got my secondary application (with the updated MCAT score taken on August) sent in by Sept. 27th. I submitted my primary application back early August.

Received my interview invitation e-mail 2 days ago. So it took roughly 3 weeks after they confirmed my secondary application.

Hope this information helps!

Mine is 11 am!

I guess Nov 4th is the next interview date and they will take a 2 week break to give out more interviews and send out acceptances to those who have already been interviewed? Everyone I know has it at 11. Any 8 am:scared:

So how many groups are there a day? I'm @ 11 also. I just want to make sure that if I got there around 10:30 I would be fine.

Yea, get there at 10:30. And for people in the morning group, get there at 8:00. You're sent into a computer room where you'll have the opportunity to answer the questions which will be asked in your interview. They let you start early if you get there early. Don't worry. The questions aren't meant to trip you up, it's just that there are a lot of people to interview and at 20 minutes an interview, having some thoughts already written up about the questions helps both you and the interviewers streamline things!

This computer/typing thing is new for this year.

Really wish the mail ran on weekends :/ guessing nobody has gotten anything regarding last Fridays interviews? I've been checking the regular mail, email and junk mailboxes (since that's where I found my ii) and I've got nothing my way

ii today! Nov 4 at 11am!
OOS
complete 9/15
See y'all there!

I can't find ANY match list for pcom-ga..
hints where i can find one?

Withdrew my interview. Best of luck to you all throughout the process!

Yeah this wait is killing me. I've been refreshing this forum about 400x every day to see if anyone has posted an acceptance yet, because I'm too impatient to just wait until I get home to check the mail

Got a letter in the mail!!!!!!!

...... But it wasn't from PCOM

sorry guys couldnt resist. I am waiting too.....patiently.....

For those that interviewed on Oct 11, I know a couple of applicants who already received their decision.

For those that interviewed on Oct 11, I know a couple of applicants who already received their decision.

Woah! Really? :confused: When was this, was it good or bad news, and was it via email or mail?

Are you sure it wasn't the main campus pcom? I noticed that the first acceptances started going out in the last couple of days over there.

Hmmm, when I check the web portal, it just says "recommendation 1". I had a letter packet sent and two character references, which were all roughly sent at the same time around early September. I also had a DO letter sent a week ago. But, the portal just lists receipt of one LoR.

It's like this for both campuses. I suppose I ought to call tomorrow and ask. Anyone else run into an issue with LoRs being received or processed?

Hmmm, when I check the web portal, it just says "recommendation 1". I had a letter packet sent and two character references, which were all roughly sent at the same time around early September. I also had a DO letter sent a week ago. But, the portal just lists receipt of one LoR.

It's like this for both campuses. I suppose I ought to call tomorrow and ask. Anyone else run into an issue with LoRs being received or processed?

If it was sent as a packet it's only listed as a single letter on their portal. I had to same question and emailed them. If you're worried about the DO letter I would just shoot them a quick email to confirm that it made it there.

Accepted! Class of 2018! Just got the letter via snail mail.

Good luck to everyone else who interviewed!

Accepted! Class of 2018! Just got the letter via snail mail.

Good luck to everyone else who interviewed!

Congratulations!!!

And thank you for breaking our horribly long dry spell. Maybe people are going to be excited to check their mail today!

Congratulations!!!

And thank you for breaking our horribly long dry spell. Maybe people are going to be excited to check their mail today!

Yep I am excited to get home and check my mail! However, I live far away from Georgia, so I probably wont get anything until a little later

And congrats to those who have been accepted!

Last edited: