***The Official GRU Class of 2019 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Are you instate or out of state?

• Total voters
So we're thinking they won't make more calls for a few days..?

Members don't see this ad.

My friend on the student board said they haven't even started voting on some applicants. Just the stellar high gpa and dat scores were called yesterday. And they made about 40 calls yesterday. So hold tight guys. There is still voting left to do and spots to be given!

That makes me feel so much better!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone,
Has GRU notified those that have been rejected or waitlisted this cycle yet? o_O
I'd appreciate it

Hi everyone,
Has GRU notified those that have been rejected or waitlisted this cycle yet? o_O
I'd appreciate it

Didn't get a call yesterday wither but this is Ms. Perrys response to my email asking her about that

"There will be calls made to some applicants offering acceptance on Monday December 1. However, that will only be about 33percent of those that will be accepted. Just because an applicant is not called on Dec. 1 does not mean they are not going to be called. We will be conducting interviews on Dec 1 and Dec. 5 so of course no one from those dates will even be discussed. We will notify all applicants about their decision by Christmas. Those that are wait-listed will not be notified on December 1, but it will be soon after (maybe a couple of weeks)."

Reactions: 7 users
Didn't get a call yesterday wither but this is Ms. Perrys response to my email asking her about that

"There will be calls made to some applicants offering acceptance on Monday December 1. However, that will only be about 33percent of those that will be accepted. Just because an applicant is not called on Dec. 1 does not mean they are not going to be called. We will be conducting interviews on Dec 1 and Dec. 5 so of course no one from those dates will even be discussed. We will notify all applicants about their decision by Christmas. Those that are wait-listed will not be notified on December 1, but it will be soon after (maybe a couple of weeks)."

By Christmas?? That's so far :( Plus we have to let the other schools that accepted us on December 1st know within 30 days of our decision... What if I put my deposit down for another school and then GRU accepts me? I just lost $1000. Has this happened to anyone that you all know? Anyone else in this predicament?

By Christmas?? That's so far :( Plus we have to let the other schools that accepted us on December 1st know within 30 days of our decision... What if I put my deposit down for another school and then GRU accepts me? I just lost $1000. Has this happened to anyone that you all know? Anyone else in this predicament?
Ditto. I know I'm going to be a dentist which is awesome, but there's nothing I would want more than an acceptance here. LECOMs deposit is $2000 ... :eek:

Thanks, @remisa1365
I wish schools would let us know that we've been accepted/rejected/waitlisted all on the same day (like seeing your DAT scores after taking the exam) so we can avoid the excruciating pain of not knowing. The waiting process makes ppl want to :boom:

Good luck :luck: everyone! Hope everyone hears some good news soon!

Reactions: 1 user
This is also something I am worried about. How do these deposits work? Is it whoever sends them in first gets a guaranteed spot until all of them are filled up? If it is, I'm scared to place a deposit in another school and maybe get accepted to GRU, but I'm also nervous that if I wait until Christmas, I will lose it. How often do these circumstances occur?

This is also something I am worried about. How do these deposits work? Is it whoever sends them in first gets a guaranteed spot until all of them are filled up? If it is, I'm scared to place a deposit in another school and maybe get accepted to GRU, but I'm also nervous that if I wait until Christmas, I will lose it. How often do these circumstances occur?

You are quite welcome guys. I would totally freak out too, if I thought Dec 1st is the only call day.

+ most schools give you at least 30 days for the deposit, Christmas is before that 30 days. and GRU could call us up anytime before Christmas, they just said we will all know where we stand by Christmas.

+ guys we've already paid thousands of dollars in this process already, another extra deposit to save your seat at another school (if their deadline for deposit is before Christmas) on top of what would cost to go to dental school shouldn't be a big deal. and believe me I'm not saying this because I've got a $1000 laying around.
But I don't have the luxury of other acceptances so it's easier for me to say. o_Oo_Oo_O

AND WE SHALL WAIT

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finally made my choice :rolleyes: Hi all, my name is Hali! Guess I'll see most of you in July!

I'll be looking for a roommate(s) so hit me up :)

Finally made my choice :rolleyes: Hi all, my name is Hali! Guess I'll see most of you in July!

I'll be looking for a roommate(s) so hit me up :)

And I just made a Facebook to join the GRU page haha I've been able to stay away from it up until this point at least!

Does anyone know if GRU started to accept OOS students for next year? there are only 8 spots; it's very competitive.

Does anyone know if GRU started to accept OOS students for next year? there are only 8 spots; it's very competitive.
Now, otherwise I wouldn't have been accepted. I'm a Florida resident!

Just an FYI, they've only called about 32-35 people total as of now.

Yeah, I've seen some accepted OOS from either this post or one of the other ones in the predental section of SDN.

Hey guys! I'm a D1 at GRU... just scrolling through looking at the posts and just wanted to say don't give up hope! I was wait listed in the middle of December last year and wasn't accepted until the end of February! It is still early! I remember being in your shoes last year and freaking out just before I got my wait-list notification. Don't let it get the best of you!

Oh, and to those accepted, Congrats! Can't wait to meet y'all sometime in the Spring!

Reactions: 4 users
I hope we hear from them tomorrow.:)

Reactions: 2 users
I just went though the last years' thread, they didn't start calling until Dec 11th, I believe they will be reviewing the last interview batch on Monday and anytime towards the end of this week the calls start again.

FINGERS CROSSED

I see 4 people from my interview batch already on the facebook list. Anybody else recognizes that many faces from their interview that are accepted?

I see 4 people from my interview batch already on the facebook list. Anybody else recognizes that many faces from their interview that are accepted?
What was your interview date?

There are four, including myself, from my interview day and I interviewed on August 24th and 25th.

Did anyone from October 31st interview group get accepted yet?

I interviewed October 20th.
I was just wondering because statistically they would take 3-4 people from each interview batch. If they take the same number from each batch that leaves me no chance to get a call at this point

I was just wondering because statistically they would take 3-4 people from each interview batch. If they take the same number from each batch that leaves me no chance to get a call at this point
I interviewed October 20th! But I wouldn't consider yourself out, I don't really feel like they have a set number of applicants they want out of each batch! They compare you to the whole batch more or less!

@zydntkak what were your statistics if you don't mind me asking? Instate or out of state?
I was accepted Dec 1.
You're asking about my stats right? I have 3.85 oGPA, 3.83 sGPA, 4.0 BCP with 22/22/23 AA/TS/PAT.
I saw another person from our interview date in the Facebook group.

Amazing scores! Well done :) thanks for posting and wish you the best in your dental career!

I had the same feeling but when you think about it, there's no way that's possible (or even fair, really). If they have indeed already made a decision about every interviewee in every group up to October 31st and if they have for certain only called around 30-35 people then that means they would have to fill nearly 50 or so spots from only those interviewed between October 31st and December 1st. Assuming they did one interview day per week after the 31st with around 10-12 people per interview group gives about 48 people max that would be left to choose from to fill the remaining 50± spots. That would then mean that everyone interviewed after October 31st would have a 100% chance of getting in. I think it's more likely that they just picked the best of the best out of all the groups interviewed and called them on December 1st and just left the rest to be decided on later.

Also, one of the people at my interview told me that he knows someone that got accepted a cycle or two ago and they told him that nearly everyone that they had interviewed with got accepted which, if that's the case, unless they have changed anything they are probably going to be looking at the group as a whole, not individual groups. That's what I keep telling myself at least. It helps me make it through the day without checking my e-mail every 5 minutes o_O

Don't worry we are all in the same situation it's totally random. I think what they did is that they picked the best ones and called them on Dec first, Then they waited for new interviews to be done so they can make a decision as a whole.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey to those that got accepted. Did you get any packet in the mail? I'm not sure if I remember they said they were going to send one or not?

Did anyone from the Dec. 1st interview date get accepted?

Did anyone from the Dec. 1st interview date get accepted?
Interviewed on Dec 1st too but no update. I think they will start calling again end of the week or start of next week, after all the finals are done.

Does anyone know how much the deposit is for in-state?