*** The Official Nova Class of 2020 Interview/Acceptance Thread ***

Received an interview invite on July 29th, scheduled for October 22nd.

Members don't see this ad.

Got an interview on 8/5 and Nova just showed up today under my school decisions page.
Anyone interviewing October 14th?

I just recieved an interview invite. Got the call 2 days ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just recieved an interview invite. Got the call 2 days ago.

When was your mail out date and when did you finish your supplemental? Stats?

And I guess how long after they called you to verify they had your app complete did you get the invite? I got the call yesterday it was complete and being reviewed so I am just curious how long that turn around time is

My app was mailed out on august 12th and submitted the supplemental on 13th got the call 2 days ago and interview invite today. It happened very quickly. AA 20 TS 21 PAT 22 gpa 3.55

My app was mailed out on august 12th and submitted the supplemental on 13th got the call 2 days ago and interview invite today. It happened very quickly. AA 20 TS 21 PAT 22 gpa 3.55

Is your interview post Dec?

I don't know yet because once i click on the link for appointmemt selection, it doesn't come up. I called help desk and couldnt fix it. I replied to the email, but it was late so they did not respond. I guess i will find out tomorrow. I let you guys know.

I haven't heard back from them after I filled out my supplemental and they called to let me know that they got it and it's under review. That was on 7/21... My stats are:

GPA (science, overall): 3.60, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/20/21/no

Hopefully we hear from them soon ;):xf:

I haven't heard back from them after I filled out my supplemental and they called to let me know that they got it and it's under review. That was on 7/21... My stats are:

GPA (science, overall): 3.60, 3.65
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/20/21/no

Hopefully we hear from them soon ;):xf:

I got a call today and they said it'll take 4-6 weeks to hear back from them!

Reactions: 1 user
I was able to make an appointment for an interview. NOV 18th and 19th are the only pre december interviews available. In case you are wondering.

oGPA: 3.91
sGPA: 3.94
22 AA 22 TS 24 PAT
FL resident.
Esubmitted : 6/4

Got for interview for September 11th! See you guys there!

Last edited:
I guess they passed on me :sorry: oh well, I have a huge irrational fear of sinkholes anyway.. lol
I did check that I was interested in the DO/DMD program, I wonder if that messed up my app at all.

I guess they passed on me :sorry: oh well, I have a huge irrational fear of sinkholes anyway.. lol
I did check that I was interested in the DO/DMD program, I wonder if that messed up my app at all.
Don't despair! I'm on the same boat :wacky: Hopefully we hear from them soon :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
When do we need to arrive at the airport (FLL) to be safe for interview? I am searching up the plane tickets now and the earliest one that I can find is arriving at 10:25 am.. (And I have overnight stopover at Montreal which sucks since I need to stay at the airport the whole night before inteview:S )

When do we need to arrive at the airport (FLL) to be safe for interview? I am searching up the plane tickets now and the earliest one that I can find is arriving at 10:25 am.. (And I have overnight stopover at Montreal which sucks since I need to stay at the airport the whole night before inteview:S )
Fly in the day before, and get a hotel in ft lauderdale

Fly in the day before, and get a hotel in ft lauderdale
Yeah.. I looked into it and this is the only flight that works for me.
Do you think 10:25 am is too tight?
(Also I have a midterm the day before till 8pm apperently:S

Yeah.. I looked into it and this is the only flight that works for me.
Do you think 10:25 am is too tight?
(Also I have a midterm the day before till 8pm apperently:S
I do think it's too tight. Besides, the drive to Nova is a good 15-20 mins if 595 is not backed up. That also depends if you drive or take a cab, etc, etc... Maybe you can talk to your teacher and explain the situation. Maybe you can take the midterm earlier and make it to the latest flight the day before. I'm planning on doing that if I get invited.

Interview notification on 8/13 for December 3rd

Last edited:
Anyone here who has a early september interview?

I do think it's too tight. Besides, the drive to Nova is a good 15-20 mins if 595 is not backed up. That also depends if you drive or take a cab, etc, etc... Maybe you can talk to your teacher and explain the situation. Maybe you can take the midterm earlier and make it to the latest flight the day before. I'm planning on doing that if I get invited.

I changed the flight ticket to make it arrive around 8 pm the day before my interview!
Thanks for the advice:)

Where are you guys staying for the interview? Which hotel??

Invited to interview today! Earliest available date is 11/18. I wonder if this makes me eligible for first round admissions on Dec 1st? They also have some dates available after December 1st.

Invited to interview today! Earliest available date is 11/18. I wonder if this makes me eligible for first round admissions on Dec 1st? They also have some dates available after December 1st.
I think you are fine i picked the same day. I will see you there

Anyone else here interviewing on the 18th of September?

Last edited:
Just received a call saying they have all my material and it is currently being reviewed and that they will contact me. Does anyeone know approximatey how long it takes after this point to hear back from them?
Thanks!

Just received a call saying they have all my material and it is currently being reviewed and that they will contact me. Does anyeone know approximatey how long it takes after this point to hear back from them?
Thanks!

I got that call on the 18th and haven't heard back....someone else got that call and received an interview in a few days

Thanks!
I got the interview invite two days later, but i am a reapplicant and got waitlisted last year.

Thanks!

I got that call on the 18th and haven't heard back....someone else got that call and received an interview in a few days

I got the interview invite two days later, but i am a reapplicant and got waitlisted last year.

I got the phone call on 7/21 and I'm still waiting comfortably sitting on my recliner... Lol... :lol: Seems that there's no specific trend :p

Guess I will contribute to the thread

School: NOVA

Method of notification: E-mail
Interview Date: sept 25th, 2015
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/25
GPA: 3.89 overall, 3.89 science
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA/22 TS/23 PAT/19 RC/none

Reactions: 1 users
This may be a silly question. Are you guys going to rent a car for your interview or take a taxi? I know ubers are banned here. Just curious what the best option would be!

This may be a silly question. Are you guys going to rent a car for your interview or take a taxi? I know ubers are banned here. Just curious what the best option would be!

really? why urban is banned there?

im renting a car (54$ for 2 days + surcharge prob 30$? that is 2 trip worth of taxi and i need 4 trip (to and from airport to and from school (hotel and school is 30 min apart))

really? why urban is banned there?

im renting a car (54$ for 2 days + surcharge prob 30$? that is 2 trip worth of taxi and i need 4 trip (to and from airport to and from school (hotel and school is 30 min apart))

I'm not sure what the issue with uber is. I've been to airports where uber is banned from picking up people from the airport. I think it's to protect taxi business since uber is usually cheaper. I heard they are starting to let them in Miami but not so much in Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks for your input! Guess I'll be renting as well! Are you taking a shuttle to the rental place or is it through the airport? (Sorry, this is all new to me. I never fly.)

I'm not sure what the issue with uber is. I've been to airports where uber is banned from picking up people from the airport. I think it's to protect taxi business since uber is usually cheaper. I heard they are starting to let them in Miami but not so much in Fort Lauderdale.

Thanks for your input! Guess I'll be renting as well! Are you taking a shuttle to the rental place or is it through the airport? (Sorry, this is all new to me. I never fly.)

i never fly by myself either with all the renting and stuff

I book through expedia and they arrange everything. so basically u just show them your car booking and they will let the shuttle pick you up from your terminal.

I have a question for the interview date.
All the pre-dec interview has a same chance to get in? Or earlier interview has better chance??

I have a question for the interview date.
All the pre-dec interview has a same chance to get in? Or earlier interview has better chance??
Some people say it's equal. Personally, I don't think so. There's no way they review every interviewee right before dec 1.

When you interview, I'm guessing they get together at the end of the week, and discuss all of the interviewees from that past week.

Therefore, spots fill up as interviews happen. And when there's less spots, it might be harder to get those spots.

Who knows, I could be wrong. I'm not an adcom.

Some people say it's equal. Personally, I don't think so. There's no way they review every interviewee right before dec 1.

When you interview, I'm guessing they get together at the end of the week, and discuss all of the interviewees from that past week.

Therefore, spots fill up as interviews happen. And when there's less spots, it might be harder to get those spots.

Who knows, I could be wrong. I'm not an adcom.
No you are right. It's common sense. When earlier people interview, spots get filled up earlier making there be less spots, therefore more competitive for those later spots.

At FLL, the rental places are inside the airport. So,after getting your bags from baggage claim, you go to the second floor and all the rentals are there .

anyone interviewing sept 9th???;)

i never fly by myself either with all the renting and stuff

I book through expedia and they arrange everything. so basically u just show them your car booking and they will let the shuttle pick you up from your terminal.

Great idea! Thank you so much!

So on my AADSAS portal NOVA showed up today saying "Invited for an Interview!" Great, great news, however I have not gotten an email or a phone call. Is this common at all?

So on my AADSAS portal NOVA showed up today saying "Invited for an Interview!" Great, great news, however I have not gotten an email or a phone call. Is this common at all?
So was NOVA on your AADSAS prior to the interview thing showing up? I got the call several weeks ago saying my application was complete and all of that, but they aren't on my portal for AADSAS...

Thought I would share some friendly advice for OOS applicants flying in for an interview who wanted to avoid renting a car (since scheduling this took me forever). Make a reservation at:
$99
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Plantation
7780 SW 6th Street . Plantation, Florida 33324 USA
(954) 475-1100

They offer a complimentary shuttle for NOVA applicants from 7 am-7pm so just make sure to schedule when you need it at check in but definitely let them know you will be using it. At first they said they do not offer a shuttle to the school but I asked her to double check and she said they actually do! If they say they don't then ask for them to check with their supervisor. When I called the first time the lady said that they ran out of the discounted rate and told me it would be $139 and no shuttle is offered. Then I called back and she said the discounted rate of $99 with the shuttle was available. go figure. So call back if you need to.

Thought I would share because the information on NOVA's site about shuttle services and stuff didn't match up with some of the hotels I called (Hampton for example).

*** Shuttle is airport to the hotel and the hotel to NOVA and vice versa.***

Reactions: 8 users

Same thing for me!
It showed up early Friday morning but no e-mail...

Nova wasn't on AADSAS portal at all till last week that I got their rejection letter. They might have decided to start updating the AADSAS portal now that they are starting to make decisions about interviews, rejections, etc...

Nova wasn't on AADSAS portal at all till last week that I got their rejection letter. They might have decided to start updating the AADSAS portal now that they are starting to make decisions about interviews, rejections, etc...
Do you mind sharing your stats