****The Official UNC Class of 2018 Thread****

Do you think they're done sending them out this cycle? Man, I'm super bummed I didn't get an email :(

Members don't see this ad.

got an interview invite for November 9th this morning!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you think they're done sending them out this cycle? Man, I'm super bummed I didn't get an email :(

I called them in and Carolyn said that there are two more rounds of interview going to be sent out. One around January and the other I missed...
:)

Me neither. I emailed the school and the person said that she updated my file. Hopefully, we will hear from them soon with something positive :).

Last edited:
What percentage of class is filled by december? Meaning how many seats are left for January interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't tell you how many seats are left after December 2nd, but I do believe they still interview ~65 students on the January date.

Thanks, yeah I read that 80% of the class is filled by Dec. leaving only about 20 or so seats for Jan applicants. Don't quote me on that.

Thanks, yeah I read that 80% of the class is filled by Dec. leaving only about 20 or so seats for Jan applicants. Don't quote me on that.

Well, that's a lot, then!

Since they have 4 interview dates and accept ~80 students, you'd basically get 20 out of each interview date. That's more like 25% of the class that would still be left for January interviewees.

Slightly random, but I wish they'd post the new class profile! I'm interested to see.

Well, that's a lot, then!

Since they have 4 interview dates and accept ~80 students, you'd basically get 20 out of each interview date. That's more like 25% of the class that would still be left for January interviewees.

Slightly random, but I wish they'd post the new class profile! I'm interested to see.

right, so 75% of the class filled for pre-dec applicants accepted.

So I have only been lurking but I've been waiting on UNC as well but I just called the office and she said that invites haven't been sent out for the November interview and that they will be sent out sometime in the next week...

So now I'm really confused.

If anyone else wants to check? I was just kind of like "okay thanks!"

So I have only been lurking but I've been waiting on UNC as well but I just called the office and she said that invites haven't been sent out for the November interview and that they will be sent out sometime in the next week...

So now I'm really confused.

If anyone else wants to check? I was just kind of like "okay thanks!"

Did you talk to Carolyn Oakes? If not, e-mail her and ask. She's the one who e-mailed me my invite, and she also responded when I accepted.

There is obviously some miscommunication and misinformation going on, but I can 100% assure you that I was invited. And there are a few other people who have said so, too. :)

yup it was her

:confused: Weird. They didn't tell us to keep our invites a secret or anything, so why would they be saying they hadn't sent any out?

That's just really odd that some people have already been invited. For the previous dates, they didn't seem to send out two batches of invites for the same interview date. Who knows, though! The more I learn about UNC's admissions process, the less I understand. :)

On my interview e-mail, we were told that we had two days to accept and confirm our attendance.

Last edited:
they give you the class profile for '16 and '17 when you get to the interview.
id anyone is interested i can post it up if i can find it.

they give you the class profile for '16 and '17 when you get to the interview.
id anyone is interested i can post it up if i can find it.

I'm interested in the 2017 profile, just for kicks and giggles! :)

here is the short version 2017

sGPA 3.35
non-sGPA 3.61
cumulative 3.48

DAT
AA 21
PA 20
QR 19
RC 21
TS 20

BS degrees 55
BA degrees 17
MS 7
PhD 0
other 2

accepted 81
NC res 69
OOS 12
women 40
men 41
Afri Am 8
asian/pac islander 13
latino 7
Nat amer 2
other 6

age range 21-40
average 25
over 30 7
married 11

Thanks, NRG! It always surprises me to see that the average is is 24-25 or so. :)

Oh, and a friend talked to Carolyn and she confirmed the interviews had been sent out. LOL, that was strange!

Also got the invite to interview on November 9th! Sorry for the slow posting ha. I'm a reapplicant so I'm stoked!

I'll be there on the 9th too! I'm OOS looking forward to seeing you and everyone else!

Does anyone know any type of stats or chances of acceptance out of state?

Does anyone know any type of stats or chances of acceptance out of state?
For the 2012 entering class, there were 1,014 OOS applicants- 83 interviewed- 13 accepted. There are about 80 seats, which means there is about 80% preference to In-State students.

When will January invites go out?
I would like to know this too! Would it be before or after dec 2nd? In stater here hoping n praying an invite would come my way

And.. how was the interview on nov 9th guys?! :)

I would like to know this too! Would it be before or after dec 2nd? In stater here hoping n praying an invite would come my way
And.. how was the interview on nov 9th guys?! :)

I think they do the January invites like they do for the other dates and send them out ~1 month beforehand. Last year, the January invites went out on December 13th. http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...017-interview-acceptance-thread.938500/page-6

I think my interview went really, really well! All three of my interviewers were INCREDIBLY kind and friendly. I definitely had some hard questions from one of my interviewers in particular, but I was still fairly happy with the responses I gave. :) Oh, and the breakfast spread was really good! :laugh: Also, none of my other schools had a student interview, but I thought it was a really nice touch. I think my student interviewer and I really clicked!

Oh, and the pizza party was jus a *little* bit awkward at the very first, but ended up being quite informative. I talked to three or four D1s about their experiences, and though they all agreed it was hard work, they loved what they were doing. I also didn't realize how quickly UNC had their students working in the clinic, which was great to find out (summer after D1). You also get a "legit" summer at UNC for about ~5 weeks, LOL! Not all schools do that, and my sometimes-lazy butt found that exciting. :p

That sounds awesome glimmer!! Did they asked tough questions like on the interview feedback page? "What would you do if you did a root canal on the wrong tooth" or "UNC or ECU"? Lol I interviewed at ECU n it would be hard for me to choose!

Were there many out of staters there? I hope UNC is done w interview out of staters.. Hehe. I am waiting and so anxious :)

I agree with what all of Glimmer said. It was a pretty relaxed interview and everyone there was really friendly. I thought people might be kinda uptight because of how well known the school's reputation is, but all the faculty and students are super nice and take good care of the incoming students. D2 and D3 students hand down study guides and give tips to D1s. So its a great environment. I had a perio faculty member, a health professions committee member for undergrad, and a D3 student as my interviewers. The usual questions, why dentistry, why UNC, stuff like that. Now if only ECU would take notice of me :/

Who were your interviewers Glimmer?

Hey, guys! Did anybody get specific information about how UNC plants to update applicants on December 2nd? A phone call? A portal update? If either of those things, did they give a relative timeframe? I know the calls were spaced out over the period of a few days last year... I sort of hope that doesn't happen again, as that could be SO nerve wracking!

I was also interviewed on the 9th of November and everyone in my group was awesome! I wish all of you the best...including myself! haha

Just got in today holy crap. :clap::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:
how are we supposed to react to this?

Call from my interviewer! OOS candidate here. Oh my lord I never expected to get into UNC from out of state. Unbelievable - so in shock right now. :D

Those of you who have gotten calls, did your portal status change?

My portal status still hasn't changed though.