University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just received an II scheduled for 10/28. Anyone know how receptive they are to changing the interview date, I have work obligations for that day. I don't like how they send you a date and time with the II invitation.

App complete 10/2. LizzyM 69, NE resident, OOS

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an II scheduled for 10/28. Anyone know how receptive they are to changing the interview date, I have work obligations for that day. I don't like how they send you a date and time with the II invitation.

You can just call, I just did it as well. I just canceled on 11/3 and they had openings for a couple other days in November as well.

Reactions: 1 user

You were complete 10/2? That's a really fast turnaround, congrats!!

Members don't see this ad :)
You were complete 10/2? That's a really fast turnaround, congrats!!
Yeeee, pretty quick. I think someone mentioned that the order they consider apps is based on stats. Thanks!

Does this school call for interviews or email?

Just interviewed 10/7. Now the waiting begins. Anybody get accepted yet?

Accepted today. Momma I made it.
Interview 2 weeks ago.
LizzyM 73.8

Reactions: 6 users
Just kidding, just got my acceptance!!! Absolutely surreal, cannot believe it. Congrats to everyone who's been accepted, good luck to those who interview!

I had to change my interview too, don't worry about it! Just call and tell them you need to change dates, they were very nice about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does UNECOM use the number of schools yours applying to and the number of DO schools against you in any way? Or do they use it in any way in deciding to give you an II or accept/reject you?

Does UNECOM use the number of schools yours applying to and the number of DO schools against you in any way? Or do they use it in any way in deciding to give you an II or accept/reject you?
Don't think they use it to decide if you get an II or not. I applied to 4 DO and 25 MD, and got an II a couple of days after being complete.

Don't think they use it to decide if you get an II or not. I applied to 4 DO and 25 MD, and got an II a couple of days after being complete.

Okay, thanks!

Quick Question...How long did it take for you to get the complete email after submitting your secondary?

nice! I was complete 10/7..hope I hear soon. Mind sharing your stats? Are you IS or OOS?

OOS from Kentucky! MCAT: 504; cGPA: 3.9; sGPA: 3.86! I hope you hear soon! I just got notified via email and had to change my date. It sounded like they were about to send out invites for 11/17-19

Still haven't heard anything... Complete 8/18. I am still hoping for something from here!!

Does anyone know what time the morning interview is over? Trying to decide which flight to book home from Portland

Just received a pre-interview rejection. Complete 9/18.

I am really bummed, I am IS and this was my top choice. I love the school and I really did not want to move away from my family and SO :(.

Does anyone know what time the morning interview is over? Trying to decide which flight to book home from Portland
I spoke with an admin and they said they'd finish up by 12!

Just received a pre-interview rejection. Complete 9/18.

I am really bummed, I am IS and this was my top choice. I love the school and I really did not want to move away from my family and SO :(.
I'm sorry to hear that. Stats? ECs? Extenuating circumstances?

"Describe your particular interest in attending UNECOM and any contact you have had with UNECOM students, alumni, faculty or clinicians, admissions counselors, student affairs staff, etc. How did these interactions influence your decision to apply?"

I have no idea how to answer this question. I'm not from the area and have no contact with UNECOM in any aspects. It seems like this school really looks for students who have connections with them.

- I really like the area
- have heard great things about the school from previous professors

- I have a lot of community service stuff and was looking for anything to parallel the schools involvement in its community but can't find anything.... anyone have any suggestions?

Still haven't heard anything... Complete 8/18. I am still hoping for something from here!!

Same boat as you! Hoping for some news this month! I wonder if they silent waitlist? Because people who have been complete after us have had status changes. Oh well, no news isn't necessarily bad news so there is still hope!

Got an II for 11/12! Who else is invited for that date?

Same boat as you! Hoping for some news this month! I wonder if they silent waitlist? Because people who have been complete after us have had status changes. Oh well, no news isn't necessarily bad news so there is still hope!

I know right?? Reviewed in the order received... If that is the case, then perhaps we have been set aside! Which would be a huge bummer cause this is my #1! No new is good news?? hahaha

I'm super nervous. Still no interview... I was complete August 12th and this is my top choice!! My stats are 29, 3.6 sGPA and 3.25 cGPA. My whole science GPA was from a postbac. Do you guys think I will get an interview later in the cycle? I will be crushed if I don't get one!!

PS. I live in NE and have strong ties to the region but not to Maine specifically.

I'm super nervous. Still no interview... I was complete August 12th and this is my top choice!! My stats are 29, 3.6 sGPA and 3.25 cGPA. My whole science GPA was from a postbac. Do you guys think I will get an interview later in the cycle? I will be crushed if I don't get one!!

PS. I live in NE and have strong ties to the region but not to Maine specifically.

I think that you are fine! They still have most of November left, and they interview into March!

I don't think they're going to let anyone onto their waitlist without interviewing them first.

So my application was completed on the 2nd of Oct (one of my LOR's was having techincal trouble with AACOMAS, so the school just had him email the grad office directly).

I really hope to hear something. Canadian Applicant, 3.6 cGPA, 3.5 sGPA (strong upwards), 31 MCAT.

Accepted today! Just over three weeks after my interview date, if that calm anyone still waiting to hear :)

Reactions: 2 users
still waiting on this school since August, getting a little worried...this is my top choice!

Reactions: 1 users
I have an interview at UNE 10/29. Anyone willing to share their interview experience?

I have an interview at UNE 10/29. Anyone willing to share their interview experience?

I was in the afternoon session, so arrived at 11:45 for a noon start. There were 6 of us in the group, as well as 6 tour guides. You sit there chatting for a while and they take everyone upstairs for an information session. Then, they had the order of interviews (this is total conjecture, but they might make the order based on order you show up. It could be coincidence, but the guy who interviewed first arrived last, and I was second to last to arrive and interviewed 2nd). Interviewees 3-6 went on a tour while we hung out (great opportunity to talk to tour guides because at that point, the first interviewee was in his interview and it was me with three tour guides). Then I went in for my interview, which lasted about 25-30 minutes. Then you come out, eat complementary food in the cafe area, and interviewee 1 and I went on our tour while the rest of the group came back to interview. We got to see 2nd years in lecture and 1st years in OMM lab, which I really enjoyed-helped me envision what being a student there would look like.

Everyone kept saying how the interview was more of a conversation, but personally, I wouldn't really agree with that. Perhaps it was because it was my first interview, but it was more of a direct ask and answer type deal. I was also worried that my interview was short, but I ended up getting in, so I'm not going to dwell on that now. I hope this helps, and best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Recieved Acceptance on 10/16

Interviewed: 9/29

OOS, 31MCAT, 3.65CGPA 3.45SGPA

Interviewed early October and loved it.

OOS, 30 MCT, 3.6 CGPA, 3.43 SGPA.

I should be hearing back soon, so fingers crossed!

Interview Invite this morning for 11/19! Seemed quick, I was complete last Wednesday.

OOS, cGPA 3.7 sGPA 3.60, 512 MCAT (like an old 32 basically)

My first II for a DO program and this is one of my top choices, so I am very excited. I've heard such great things about this school.

Does anyone have stats on how many are interviewed vs accepted? I appologize if that's been posted elsewhere but I didn't see it.

Hope to see some of you there!

I was in the afternoon session, so arrived at 11:45 for a noon start. There were 6 of us in the group, as well as 6 tour guides. You sit there chatting for a while and they take everyone upstairs for an information session. Then, they had the order of interviews (this is total conjecture, but they might make the order based on order you show up. It could be coincidence, but the guy who interviewed first arrived last, and I was second to last to arrive and interviewed 2nd). Interviewees 3-6 went on a tour while we hung out (great opportunity to talk to tour guides because at that point, the first interviewee was in his interview and it was me with three tour guides). Then I went in for my interview, which lasted about 25-30 minutes. Then you come out, eat complementary food in the cafe area, and interviewee 1 and I went on our tour while the rest of the group came back to interview. We got to see 2nd years in lecture and 1st years in OMM lab, which I really enjoyed-helped me envision what being a student there would look like.

Everyone kept saying how the interview was more of a conversation, but personally, I wouldn't really agree with that. Perhaps it was because it was my first interview, but it was more of a direct ask and answer type deal. I was also worried that my interview was short, but I ended up getting in, so I'm not going to dwell on that now. I hope this helps, and best of luck!

Wow, thank you for the information! Are you OOS? I am also interviewing in the afternoon. Were there a lot of ethical questions or more based on your application? Any questions that stood out to you? Thanks so much. :)

Accepted :clap:

OOS, 27 MCAT, 3.98 cGPA and sGPA

Interviewed 9/29
Accepted 10/16

I'm just seeking clarification:

Is there an official "your application is complete" email after the "your application is now under review" email, or are they one and the same?