University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I confirmed a few minutes after receiving the email. She emailed me back to say she confirmed my interview around 2 days later.

what is her email address? I've tried [email protected] but every time I get a response that the email doesn't exist. .. Thanks for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

So awesome to hear honest, positive feedback from current students! Thanks so much, guys :)

I'm interviewing on Wednesday morning. Just curious, how many candidates interview in one day?

The interview lasts until 1pm depending on when you interview, and when I interviewed in December I think there were 9 or 10 of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Withdrawing my acceptance. Extremely hard decision. I absolutely loved UNECOM. Hopefully my spot goes to one of you!

You are correct in that many schools are transitioning over into a more "integrated" approach. The reason for this (as we were told) is that studies have shown that using small groups and teaching styles such as PBL/CBL increases retention and application of material. Also, this is the way we will be continually learning once we leave UNECOM and become practicing physicians. Examples of our first year integrative curriculum: we spend 2 hours each week with our group of 6 creating a "concept map" (aka web of knowledge/flow chart) that is based on a patient case involving what we are currently learning. For example, our CMap the other week was on a patient with a history of hypertension since we were learning cardio. Some people love CMapping and others feel it is an inefficient use of time (most the time spent is not actually "learning" but is more just artistically styling our concept map assignment). Other examples of integration are our Thursday discussion groups -- your group of 6 meets with about 8 other groups and are presented multiple choice questions that are supposed to be difficult and stimulating. As a group you come up with an answer to the question and then explain your rationale to everyone else. Again... many feel its not the best use of time. For all of these sessions, there is a professor/faculty member who facilitates it.

As for the professors, the problems stem from a) poor powerpoint presentations that you can't really study off of after class, b) inability or no time to teach the basics and so the info goes completely over half the classes head, or c) they are just lousy -- either boring or unable to explain the information in a way we can understand. I know every school is going to have poor professors here and there, but it really seems like UNE might fall short overall.

With that said, we have plenty of faculty who are amazing. Pretty much our whole anatomy faculty do a great job. Our OMT professors are great and hands-on. We are given a list of objectives each week so we are pretty well guided as to what is expected of us. And in our online "blackboard" database has a discussion board where we are able to post any questions we have about the material, and the faculty/peers do an excellent job in clearing up any questions!

I have a stronger background than the majority of my class, so I am unable to truly say how well others are getting through the heavy workload. It is beneficial that our anatomy is a full year long and so our anatomy classes correlate with what we are doing in lab, and often correlate in the system we are working on in OMK!

Long story short: I would be miserable right now if it weren't for my background. Because of my strong background, I actually enjoy the integrative style because I can "skip over" the basics I've already had and learn the new stuff they teach us! Seriously... you won't hear many other medical schools schools teaching the full list of anti-fungal therapies, treatments for hypertension, etc to the first years!
So awesome to hear honest, positive feedback from current students! Thanks so much, guys :)

I'm interviewing on Wednesday morning. Just curious, how many candidates interview in one day?

Honest, yes...I really appreciate it. Positive, not so much... as it sounds. I love the fact that UNECOM has an amazing anatomy/neuro anatomy/OMM courses and instructors, however it is worrisome that the basic sciences are given little attention in the first year. It seems as though other schools make sure to do a foundations course within the first few weeks to get everyone on the same page. Like most things, I would assume you have to know the basics before you are able to learn all of the anti-fungal therapies...

I would LOVE to hear from other UNECOM first years (who have not taken a post-bac) on how they are doing with this style of curriculum/not being taught the basic sciences/lack of good teachers. I feel as though many people have not taken a post-bac (like myself) and it makes me wonder if this school is really suitable for me. I want to be surrounded by professors/doctors who love what they do, who love to teach, and who love to see their students succeed. I dont want to simply be given a bunch of text books, pay $50,000+, and ultimately have to teach myself everything while still feeling behind at all times.

Thank you to anyone who can help clear this up and make the decision process easier!

Honest, yes...I really appreciate it. Positive, not so much... as it sounds. I love the fact that UNECOM has an amazing anatomy/neuro anatomy/OMM courses and instructors, however it is worrisome that the basic sciences are given little attention in the first year. It seems as though other schools make sure to do a foundations course within the first few weeks to get everyone on the same page. Like most things, I would assume you have to know the basics before you are able to learn all of the anti-fungal therapies...

I would LOVE to hear from other UNECOM first years (who have not taken a post-bac) on how they are doing with this style of curriculum/not being taught the basic sciences/lack of good teachers. I feel as though many people have not taken a post-bac (like myself) and it makes me wonder if this school is really suitable for me. I want to be surrounded by professors/doctors who love what they do, who love to teach, and who love to see their students succeed. I dont want to simply be given a bunch of text books, pay $50,000+, and ultimately have to teach myself everything while still feeling behind at all times.

Thank you to anyone who can help clear this up and make the decision process easier!
I'm not a first year, but I interviewed last week and I asked about this because I did not do post-bacc and I have been out of school for two years. The first years that spent interview day with us seemed to feel they were at no disadvantage as far as the foundation of basic sciences goes. One told me that most people that have a stronger background such as those with masters in the sciences are bored in lectures because the material is a review for them. So for us with less of a foundation I was told we would be fine. They even discouraged me from taking A&P because I was considering doing so in preparation! This is a great school and I'm praying I get accepted!!

Reactions: 1 user
+1 to Ski.The.East

I was very excited about the school and already have my deposit in but this is the first I have heard about this struggle to keep up from a student and it has kind of frozen me in my tracks. I've been out of school since 2007...so feel I might be a little rusty

Anyone else planning to go to the open house tonight?

Anyone else planning to go to the open house tonight?

I am local and I was planning on it, but I haven't been accepted yet and have been waiting 2 months to hear anything....I feel like if I went I would just have a meltdown.

I hear that!

It gets worse, I even registered to go to the Maine Osteopathic Assc weekend symposium (I have gone the previous 2 years) this weekend. I have interviewed everywhere I am going to interview, it has been months with no acceptance, I am starting to think its time to give up the ghost. I dont even want to go this weekend anymore, the people I interviewed with are going to be there....do I want to go and pretend to be a prospective medical student again when its fairly clear its not gonna happen.

It gets worse, I even registered to go to the Maine Osteopathic Assc weekend symposium (I have gone the previous 2 years) this weekend. I have interviewed everywhere I am going to interview, it has been months with no acceptance, I am starting to think its time to give up the ghost. I dont even want to go this weekend anymore, the people I interviewed with are going to be there....do I want to go and pretend to be a prospective medical student again when its fairly clear its not gonna happen.
Did you interview at Unecom? Seems odd that they would keep you waiting 2 months for a post-interview response. I interviewed last week and was told 3-4 weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)

Have you called Lisa Lane yet? I was told 3-4 weeks last week as well...

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile

Have you called Lisa Lane yet? I was told 3-4 weeks last week as well...

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile

Yeah you should definitely call. I was told they send decisions by mail so maybe your letter got lost.

For those accepted, about how long does it take to hear a response after the interview and is it by snail mail?

For those accepted, about how long does it take to hear a response after the interview and is it by snail mail?

Mine was like 2-3 weeks after my interview and I received notice by email with an attached pdf letter, then later received a mailed copy of said letter.

Yeah you should definitely call. I was told they send decisions by mail so maybe your letter got lost.

So I interviewed Dec.5th, right before Christmas I talked to Lisa and she said that the committee would not be meeting until the end of January due to the holidays. I figured that they would have come up with something by now since you have people (like myself) who have been on the hook for almost 2 months without a word.

The grim reality is starting to set in, thanks for all the support and advice....maybe I will call Monday.

So I interviewed Dec.5th, right before Christmas I talked to Lisa and she said that the committee would not be meeting until the end of January due to the holidays. I figured that they would have come up with something by now since you have people (like myself) who have been on the hook for almost 2 months without a word.

The grim reality is starting to set in, thanks for all the support and advice....maybe I will call Monday.

Cheer up, maybe you got caught at the end of one group and pushed I to the next committee meeting pile. Since it was around he holidays things were probably a little messed up. Someone said Lisa told them they had a meeting this past Monday. From there the names accepted go to the dean to get approved. I haven't heard anyone this week say they got accepted, so perhaps next week people will start hearing from them.

I suggest you go to the osteoblast and think wishful happy thoughts.

Accepted this morning.
I was in the Dec.5th interview group, but hey better late than never...I guess I can step back from the ledge.
Good luck to everyone else!

Stats: 28 MCAT PS-7 VR-10 BS-11 sGPA 3.3 cGPA 3.3 10+ years of biomedical research 3+ years as a adjunct professor (A+P, immunology)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted this morning.
I was in the Dec.5th interview group, but hey better late than never...I guess I can step back from the ledge.

Stats: 28 MCAT PS-7 VR-10 BS-11 sGPA 3.3 cGPA 3.3 10+ years of biomedical research 3+ years as a adjunct professor (A+P, immunology)

Congratulations! I hope you went to osteoblast and enjoyed it!

Accepted this morning.

Congrats!! Did you call? See you were worried for nothing!!! So happy for you!!!

Accepted this morning.

Congratulations! Adjunct professor for A&P eh? Hope you're in my anatomy lab group

Accepted this morning as well! Interviewed November 15th...not a fun wait. OOS but New England resident of over 10 years. Message me for stats if you are curious. Good luck to everyone still waiting!

Accepted this morning as well! Interviewed November 15th...not a fun wait. OOS but New England resident of over 10 years. Message me for stats if you are curious. Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Congrats! That's a long wait ! Hope I don't have to wait that long I'm already refreshing my email a million times a day !

Accepted this morning.

Hey plateletfactor.. I have been following your progress.. Congrats! Glad to see you were accepted. It will be nice to have someone with your level of experience as a classmate!

Congrats! That's a long wait ! Hope I don't have to wait that long I'm already refreshing my email a million times a day !
I hope you don't either - I wouldn't wish it on anyone haha! Good luck!!

Last edited:
Well, I guess I either didn't get in or I got pushed to the next meeting. I interviewed the 24th, so I figured they might not if the meeting was on the 27th (and they were apparently back-logged since at least 11/5).

Now that the holidays are over, does anyone know if they meet every month or every 2 weeks?

Congrats to those who got in!

Well, I guess I either didn't get in or I got pushed to the next meeting. I interviewed the 24th, so I figured they might not if the meeting was on the 27th (and they were apparently back-logged since at least 11/5).

Now that the holidays are over, does anyone know if they meet every month or every 2 weeks?

Congrats to those who got in!
I am not entirely sure, but I would guess every two weeks or even more considering when I interviewed on Jan 16th they said we would hear back within 3 weeks with no mention of a back-log.

Can someone comment on opportunities to go abroad? I asked at my interview and they gave the vibe that it's mostly on the students to figure out...

Anyone know how full the class is so far or when the next set of interview invites is going out?

Hi everyone. I am a current first-year student at UNECOM and wanted to comment on some of the posts that I’ve been reading on here, just to give my perspective on what it’s like to go to UNE. It’s a long post, but I hope this information helps!

To start-I did not do a post-bac program, and graduated from college 6+ years ago, so I have been out of the classroom for a while. Starting medical school is hard for anyone, just because it's so different from any type of school you've had before and you'll likely have to change the way you study. You'll definitely learn what works for you and what doesn't, and be assured you have classmates that are going through the exact same thing as you. There is so much information we are given (at ANY school, not just UNE)that there are not enough hours in the day to read and memorize it all, so you have to figure out what method is going to work for you. That being said, I have not found the amount of work to be unmanageable and have plenty of time for extracurriculars, spending time with my family and friends, and doing fun things and traveling on the weekend (so far I’ve been to 3 weddings since school started). I’ve done very well in all of our classes, so don’t be scared about coming to medical school without a post-bac!!

That being said, I am really enjoying the curriculum. We only take 2 classes (Osteopathic Clinical Skills and Osteopathic Medical Knowledge) and everything is integrated around a patient case within them-it is systems-based (for example-we just finished the pulmonary unit) and things start to click when you learn each different level of information. For example, we learned about Lung Physiology in OMK, while doing lung anatomy in Anatomy, and learning how to listen to lungs in clinical skills.

We only have 8 hours total of traditional lecture each week-everything else is done in small groups, discussions, or lab-like sections, but we are always with a faculty member/professor with whom we can ask questions, get advice, and discuss issues with. I actually find CMAPing (mentioned by another current student above) to be really helpful as it helps you integrate the basic science information we are learning about with how a patient would present clinically. We also practice giving case presentations as we would if we were seeing a patient in clinic, which is a vital tool you will need throughout your career.

To comment on our faculty, I think they are wonderful overall. They may not all have the best powerpoint presentations, but lecturing and teaching is about so much more than slides. If they were to cover all the information we are expected to know for our tests and boards in lecture, I think we’d be sitting in lecture all day, everyday (which is not something I personally want). We’re expected to read about the basics before class, and lecture is focused on the more difficult and challenging concepts, and giving clinical examples to help us understand it. I think the biggest strengths of the UNE faculty is that they do their best to include challenge questions to help us understand the information and concepts they are discussing, respond to questions quickly, offer review sessions every week, and seem to go out their way to help us understand they material. I believe all of the professors at UNE genuinely like working with and teaching students, and it’s apparent in our interactions with them. In the cases that something is not covered in lecture, or is confusing or unclear, they have been very quick to post additional supplements and study guides to clarify information and guide our studying.

The curriculum requires a fair amount of out of class reading, as all medical schools will. The idea behind the curriculum is that everyone learns information differently-some people learn from reading, some people learn from lecture, and others learn when they are asked questions that force them to apply the material they have read to actual cases (which I think is how I personally learn best and how you’ll eventually learn on the floors during rotations, in residency, and throughout your career). By the end of the week, we’ve seen it in many formats, so hopefully one of the ways it is presented to us sticks.

Overall, I think UNE’s greatest strength is the community. My fellow classmates are always willing to help each other out and share notes/study guides/pneumonics, etc. The second years put on a review for the first years before each exam and are always willing to offer assistance and advice about anything. The faculty and administration are fantastic about listening to student input and making changes to make our classes better- for instance, the input from the current second-years helped shape our curriculum for this year and they are constantly adding resources and changing methods to enhance our learning, as I mentioned before.

In regards to our Friday ethics/clinical learning sessions, I think they are one of the most important parts of our curriculum. So far, we have had patients come in to talk to us about what it’s like to have a chronic or life-limiting disease, discussed trends in medicine (telemedicine and integrated medicine, to name a few), and learned more about the role of other health professions (OTs, PTs, etc) in the role of patient care. It’s a wonderful reminder of why I chose to go into medicine, and I believe enriches our learning in what it means to actually take care of patients.

Lastly, my one piece of advice as someone who spent a lot of time observing in a clinic before starting medical school: Medicine is not just a science, but also an art. There are plenty of times when patients don’t react the way you expect or their lab results don’t match the diagnosis you think they have. UNECOM’s focus is to make us fantastic doctors and clinicians, not just make sure we do well on boards (which are incredibly important and a big focus of the first 2 years of medical school-don’t get me wrong!!). I personally think our ethics sessions, patient panels, and integrated curriculum are helping teach us this from Day 1, and I am very glad I chose to go to UNE.

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone. I am a current first-year student at UNECOM and wanted to comment on some of the posts that I’ve been reading on here, just to give my perspective on what it’s like to go to UNE. It’s a long post, but I hope this information helps!

To start-I did not do a post-bac program, and graduated from college 6+ years ago, so I have been out of the classroom for a while. Starting medical school is hard for anyone, just because it's so different from any type of school you've had before and you'll likely have to change the way you study. You'll definitely learn what works for you and what doesn't, and be assured you have classmates that are going through the exact same thing as you. There is so much information we are given (at ANY school, not just UNE)that there are not enough hours in the day to read and memorize it all, so you have to figure out what method is going to work for you. That being said, I have not found the amount of work to be unmanageable and have plenty of time for extracurriculars, spending time with my family and friends, and doing fun things and traveling on the weekend (so far I’ve been to 3 weddings since school started). I’ve done very well in all of our classes, so don’t be scared about coming to medical school without a post-bac!!

That being said, I am really enjoying the curriculum. We only take 2 classes (Osteopathic Clinical Skills and Osteopathic Medical Knowledge) and everything is integrated around a patient case within them-it is systems-based (for example-we just finished the pulmonary unit) and things start to click when you learn each different level of information. For example, we learned about Lung Physiology in OMK, while doing lung anatomy in Anatomy, and learning how to listen to lungs in clinical skills.

We only have 8 hours total of traditional lecture each week-everything else is done in small groups, discussions, or lab-like sections, but we are always with a faculty member/professor with whom we can ask questions, get advice, and discuss issues with. I actually find CMAPing (mentioned by another current student above) to be really helpful as it helps you integrate the basic science information we are learning about with how a patient would present clinically. We also practice giving case presentations as we would if we were seeing a patient in clinic, which is a vital tool you will need throughout your career.

To comment on our faculty, I think they are wonderful overall. They may not all have the best powerpoint presentations, but lecturing and teaching is about so much more than slides. If they were to cover all the information we are expected to know for our tests and boards in lecture, I think we’d be sitting in lecture all day, everyday (which is not something I personally want). We’re expected to read about the basics before class, and lecture is focused on the more difficult and challenging concepts, and giving clinical examples to help us understand it. I think the biggest strengths of the UNE faculty is that they do their best to include challenge questions to help us understand the information and concepts they are discussing, respond to questions quickly, offer review sessions every week, and seem to go out their way to help us understand they material. I believe all of the professors at UNE genuinely like working with and teaching students, and it’s apparent in our interactions with them. In the cases that something is not covered in lecture, or is confusing or unclear, they have been very quick to post additional supplements and study guides to clarify information and guide our studying.

The curriculum requires a fair amount of out of class reading, as all medical schools will. The idea behind the curriculum is that everyone learns information differently-some people learn from reading, some people learn from lecture, and others learn when they are asked questions that force them to apply the material they have read to actual cases (which I think is how I personally learn best and how you’ll eventually learn on the floors during rotations, in residency, and throughout your career). By the end of the week, we’ve seen it in many formats, so hopefully one of the ways it is presented to us sticks.

Overall, I think UNE’s greatest strength is the community. My fellow classmates are always willing to help each other out and share notes/study guides/pneumonics, etc. The second years put on a review for the first years before each exam and are always willing to offer assistance and advice about anything. The faculty and administration are fantastic about listening to student input and making changes to make our classes better- for instance, the input from the current second-years helped shape our curriculum for this year and they are constantly adding resources and changing methods to enhance our learning, as I mentioned before.

In regards to our Friday ethics/clinical learning sessions, I think they are one of the most important parts of our curriculum. So far, we have had patients come in to talk to us about what it’s like to have a chronic or life-limiting disease, discussed trends in medicine (telemedicine and integrated medicine, to name a few), and learned more about the role of other health professions (OTs, PTs, etc) in the role of patient care. It’s a wonderful reminder of why I chose to go into medicine, and I believe enriches our learning in what it means to actually take care of patients.

Lastly, my one piece of advice as someone who spent a lot of time observing in a clinic before starting medical school: Medicine is not just a science, but also an art. There are plenty of times when patients don’t react the way you expect or their lab results don’t match the diagnosis you think they have. UNECOM’s focus is to make us fantastic doctors and clinicians, not just make sure we do well on boards (which are incredibly important and a big focus of the first 2 years of medical school-don’t get me wrong!!). I personally think our ethics sessions, patient panels, and integrated curriculum are helping teach us this from Day 1, and I am very glad I chose to go to UNE.
Great post! thank you so much! I really hope that I will get accepted into this school!

exactly why I'll be attending :)

I was just wondering what student attendance is like with what seems like a lot of freedom? If it was lecture based I know that some students don't go because they just do everything at home, with the new curriculum if you have a student in your group that doesn't show up doesn't it hurt your group?

I was just wondering what student attendance is like with what seems like a lot of freedom? If it was lecture based I know that some students don't go because they just do everything at home, with the new curriculum if you have a student in your group that doesn't show up doesn't it hurt your group?

I believe I heard from another current student that all problem-based learning activities and small group work was mandatory attendance. Probably for that exact reason as it takes the group mind to really work through the cases.

Quick question,

I am having a little bit of trouble updating my transcripts with the AACOMAS right now. Do you think I should send an updated transcript directly to the school? I interviewed a few weeks ago and since my updated transcript has a grade for a perquisite course I want to have it on my file as soon as possible.

Sounds like the last of the November acceptances have gone out from the looks of it. I interviewed November 8th with complete silence since (with the exception of their Christmas card….). Needless to say, it's been a fun couple of months. Best of luck to everybody still waiting to hear!

Accepted! Interviewed December 16th, notified today via email!

Reactions: 3 users
Quick question,

I am having a little bit of trouble updating my transcripts with the AACOMAS right now. Do you think I should send an updated transcript directly to the school? I interviewed a few weeks ago and since my updated transcript has a grade for a perquisite course I want to have it on my file as soon as possible.

Honestly I would just call and ask them.

Current first year here- Until recently when I stopped attending lectures on Tuesday mornings I felt like med school ruled my life, now that I don't go tuesday morning I feel much more in control. As always, totally depends on the student.
Anyways here is a break down of what is mandatory/optional (looks like 19 hours of mandatory and 11 hours of optional):

OCS mandatory:
3 hours lab Monday, 3 hours lab Friday
3 or 4 hours of OMM lab (sometimes 1 hour lecture 3 hour lab, sometimes 4 hour lab)
2 hours small group to go over clinical skills (usually includes radiology, HPI, exams, etc)

OCS optional:
1 hour of anatomy lecture on Monday and 1 on Friday
2 hours of histology

OMK mandatory:
1 hour of irat/trat on Monday
2 hours of small group c-mapping (mandatory as far as I know)
2 hours of fight club (mandatory, they pulled out the wheel of death on us when people stopped showing up)
2 hours of CPC on Friday afternoon (usually patients come in and talk to us, last time we talked to each other about empathy)

OMK optional:
1 hour of reviewing irat/trat, recently we started doing schemas for half of that time
2 hours of lecture on Monday
4 hours of lecture on Tuesday

Hope that helps!

Also plateletfactor5, I mostly hate facebook, but that's where a lot of people post study guides etc. and where second years post their review stuff for us, and where meetings, etc. are often announced. I think you might be at a disadvantage without it unfortunately, but that's just my opinion obviously, there are definitely people in our class without it.

Current first year here- Until recently when I stopped attending lectures on Tuesday mornings I felt like med school ruled my life, now that I don't go tuesday morning I feel much more in control. As always, totally depends on the student.
Anyways here is a break down of what is mandatory/optional (looks like 19 hours of mandatory and 11 hours of optional):

OCS mandatory:
3 or 4 hours of OMM lab (sometimes 1 hour lecture 3 hour lab, sometimes 4 hour lab)
2 hours small group to go over clinical skills (usually includes radiology, HPI, exams, etc)

OCS optional:
2 hours of histology

OMK mandatory:
2 hours of fight club (mandatory, they pulled out the wheel of death on us when people stopped showing up)
2 hours of CPC on Friday afternoon (usually patients come in and talk to us, last time we talked to each other about empathy)

OMK optional:
1 hour of reviewing irat/trat, recently we started doing schemas for half of that time

Hope that helps!

Also plateletfactor5, I mostly hate facebook, but that's where a lot of people post study guides etc. and where second years post their review stuff for us, and where meetings, etc. are often announced. I think you might be at a disadvantage without it unfortunately, but that's just my opinion obviously, there are definitely people in our class without it.
Thanks for the info ! Seems like the schedule is much less intimidating than at some other schools. I hope I get in!!

OCS mandatory:

OCS optional:
2 hours of histology

OMK mandatory:

OMK optional:

Hope that helps!

Thanks arewethereyet,

This was extremely helpful, I am assuming that the lectures that you miss are recorded somewhere so you can get the information?

Also, thats only 30 hours total is the rest of the time spent in groups?

Thanks!

Can someone also address the PBL portion of the curriculum? What's the format/do you find it helpful/does it all coincide with the systems-based lecture curriculum?

Thanks arewethereyet,

This was extremely helpful, I am assuming that the lectures that you miss are recorded somewhere so you can get the information?

Also, thats only 30 hours total is the rest of the time spent in groups?

Thanks!

No problem!

Yea lectures are recorded, I think there are 2 people in our class that do it for us. And the rest of the time you get to yourself (It ends up being one afternoon and one morning during the week, and then we get out at 3:30 on Fridays). Preceptorships get assigned during those times, but that's really it.

Can any 3rd year or 4th year students or graduates or perhaps 2nd year students (if you know the answer to this) talk about 3rd and 4th year rotations at UNECOM. Are most of the clinical sites good/ are most students satisfied with their experience in 3rd/ 4th year? Is the school supportive in terms of helping you schedule your clinical rotations and advising you through electives/residency apps etc. Any info on 3rd and 4th year would be helpful. It seems like schools that do not have hospitals attached or very close by can be at a slight disadvantage in terms of offering the best possible clinical experience. Thanks for any help!