University of New England (UNECOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
10/22 as of now, but I will have to call to see if I can reschedule!

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know the percentage of interviewees accepted? I've heard that UNECOM accepts a majority of the applicants it interviews.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone know the percentage of interviewees accepted? I've heard that UNECOM accepts a majority of the applicants it interviews.

I found this on the UNECOM website.

"Last year, we received more than 3,600 applications. More than 3,300 supplemental applications were offered to qualified candidates. Less than 400 applicants were interviewed last year, with nearly 220 acceptances offered to fill the class of 124 students students."

"Last year, we received more than 3,600 applications. More than 3,300 supplemental applications were offered to qualified candidates. Less than 400 applicants were interviewed last year, with nearly 220 acceptances offered to fill the class of 124 students students."

Not bad! Thanks for letting me know!

I do remember someone on here stated that at the interview they said that theyre interviewing more this year.

The class size is 175 now so the data may be different this year

From what I overheard on my interview day. they are planning to interview two hundred more students than last year and hand out around 500 acceptances; 3 for each available seat.

I just called and paid for my supplement today. What happens next? Does anyone have a timeline of whats suppose to happen?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed here on Tuesday. Really liked the school. Do you guys think the 3-4 weeks estimate that they gave us was accurate or conservative? Im hoping for a decision ASAP.

Interviewed here on Tuesday. Really liked the school. Do you guys think the 3-4 weeks estimate that they gave us was accurate or conservative? Im hoping for a decision ASAP.
So far it seems pretty accurate as my interview was on the 16th. Hoping I'll get a letter today, but it doesn't look promising at the moment.

Can any current students comment on what extra curriculars they're involved with?

Please inform the thread if you hear back from the school regarding their decision. The wait is a killer!

I think we spoke in the bathroom and walked out the building together lol Your family picked you up

Haha that was me! chiralC was in the interview too! Hope that we all will be classmates!

I don't know if there is a staff member or UNECOM student on these posts, but I had a question. I interviewed here mid Sept and haven't heard back. is this a "silent rejection" or does it usually take that long?

I don't know if there is a staff member or UNECOM student on these posts, but I had a question. I interviewed here mid Sept and haven't heard back. is this a "silent rejection" or does it usually take that long?
3 to 4 weeks

Reactions: 1 users
Have many IS students been interviewed at this point? I'm seeing a lot of OOS. I've been complete 3 weeks, and getting anxious.

Have many IS students been interviewed at this point? I'm seeing a lot of OOS. I've been complete 3 weeks, and getting anxious.
All the applicants at my interview were either IS or from New England.

Hey all, I just submitted my primaries to a few schools to add a few to my list. I was originally done and submitted to a bunch of schools in June...have had three interviews, and am waiting to hear on two of them. I figured I would broaden my horizons to schools I would like to go to but originally didnt have the money to apply at. What do you think chances are, applying right now, kinda of mid-cycle? Can anyone say what my chances may be? Also, anyone from BYU apply here? If so, PM me?

Hey all, I just submitted my primaries to a few schools to add a few to my list. I was originally done and submitted to a bunch of schools in June...have had three interviews, and am waiting to hear on two of them. I figured I would broaden my horizons to schools I would like to go to but originally didnt have the money to apply at. What do you think chances are, applying right now, kinda of mid-cycle? Can anyone say what my chances may be? Also, anyone from BYU apply here? If so, PM me?
We have a BYU student in my class.
When UNECOM says 3-4 weeks, they generally mean it. There is a 100% chance you won't receive an II in 2.5 weeks, 2.75 weeks, or 2.9 weeks, and a pretty even 49.5% chance you'll get one in 3 weeks or 4 weeks. This week is one that tends to be an exception to the rule, however, as we're doing our white coat ceremony and it might tie up a lot of the committee's time. If people in the thread aren't getting IIs or acceptances this week, don't stress it, as this week is kind of anomalous.

Can any current students comment on what extra curriculars they're involved with?
I haven't really gotten involved in ECs yet. If there are any in particular you are curious about, let me know and I can get back to you about whether we've got it or not. There are tons of EC opportunities available for pretty much anything you'd want to do, unless you're looking to go into competitive baby seal hunting or something.

Well tomorrow is 3 weeks for those that interviewed on the 16th and im sure they are all bitting their nails and checking the mailbox 10 times a day. Hopefully some news for them, if not this week then next! Im in a sticky situation with a LECOM deposit due the day before the 4 week anniversary of my interview!

Well tomorrow is 3 weeks for those that interviewed on the 16th and im sure they are all bitting their nails and checking the mailbox 10 times a day. Hopefully some news for them, if not this week then next! Im in a sticky situation with a LECOM deposit due the day before the 4 week anniversary of my interview!

Good luck! I have a Touro deposit due before my 3 week interview anniversary for this school, and UNE is my first choice so I am crossing my fingers!!

Same for me, lecom is due October 30 so its cutting it close!

Maybe they're working together.... To get deposit money out of us. Haha that would be cruel

We have a BYU student in my class.

When UNECOM says 3-4 weeks, they generally mean it. There is a 100% chance you won't receive an II in 2.5 weeks, 2.75 weeks, or 2.9 weeks, and a pretty even 49.5% chance you'll get one in 3 weeks or 4 weeks. This week is one that tends to be an exception to the rule, however, as we're doing our white coat ceremony and it might tie up a lot of the committee's time. If people in the thread aren't getting IIs or acceptances this week, don't stress it, as this week is kind of anomalous.
Thank you for your help

Hey, I was invited for interview at UNECOM next week. Could someone give me advices on how to prepare for the interview? I don't just mean the interview, I mean, things like hotels, transportation (preferably public), environments etc...

Hey, I was invited for interview at UNECOM next week. Could someone give me advices on how to prepare for the interview? I don't just mean the interview, I mean, things like hotels, transportation (preferably public), environments etc...

Check your PM

has anyone been given a II by phone call? I just got a call from a Maine number, but no voicemail or anything was left. when I return the call, it sounds like it's a doctors office haha. I'm sure it's just a wrong number and some wishful thinking

Hey @Mad Jack , searched the thread and didn't see any mention of these questions but sorry if you already answered. What was your state/region of residency before UNECOM? Also, are there decent research opportunities? And any negatives about the school? This is my #1 and although I doubt any negatives could dissuade me, I'm just curious if there is anything you wish you would have known about the school before attending.

has anyone been given a II by phone call? I just got a call from a Maine number, but no voicemail or anything was left. when I return the call, it sounds like it's a doctors office haha. I'm sure it's just a wrong number and some wishful thinking

I got a II by phone. I'll PM you the number and you can see if it matches

Did anyone ask to be contacted by a current UNECOM student prior to the scheduled interview?

I did not. However, a member of class of 2015 is my pen pal friend and he is the one who convinced me about unecom.

You can do this anytime! Lots of perspective students do so, and I did myself last year. It was very helpful! Really easy, just email the school's department of constituent services and they will have a current student contact you as soon as they can. I highly recommend this. Also, I wrote on my secondary that I didn't have real ties to Maine but did contact several students throguh this process to learn more about the school.
Did anyone ask to be contacted by a current UNECOM student prior to the scheduled interview?

Yes, although no one ever contacted me before my interview. Actually found someone on this site and messaged them which was helpful.

I want to hear from unecom already!!! First choice!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi... II received today. Complete 10/02. Really impressed at fast interview invite...
OOS (but from east coast), s 3.27, c3.49, MCAT 28

Interview set for 10/22 (really soon agh!)

Hi... II received today. Complete 10/02. Really impressed at fast interview invite...
OOS (but from east coast), s 3.27, c3.49, MCAT 28

Interview set for 10/22 (really soon agh!)

Congrats!! I've got similar stats and justs got my complete email today, hope I get that quick of a turn around (along with good news)!

Congrats!! I've got similar stats and justs got my complete email today, hope I get that quick of a turn around (along with good news)!
Thanks! I think I replied to one of your other II post in a different thread yesterday. :) I hope you get one from UNECOM too!