You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
i think research lab in generalFor the LOE requirement, it says they require "a letter of evaluation from the supervisor of each research laboratory experience." Does anyone know if this means specifically wet lab experience or research experience in general?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is anyone else having problems with the HST essay? i paste my essay in from microsoft word, but when i press next, and then go back to check the essay, all the spaces between my paragraphs and indentations are gone.
M
mmagnett
harvards deadline is nov. 1st. they do not have rolling admissions -- that would explain the no response. i think it says this in the word doc they emailed out with the secondaries.
This is wrong.
This is wrong.
Last edited by a moderator:
is anyone else having problems with the HST essay? i paste my essay in from microsoft word, but when i press next, and then go back to check the essay, all the spaces between my paragraphs and indentations are gone.
Maybe try using a different program like notepad instead?
iirc Harvard has non-rolling admissions and doesn't give out any acceptances till February, but I can't remember when they start interviews. US News doesn't have the info either...does anyone know when harvard starts inviting ppl for interviews? I need to book a flight to boston, but I'm wondering if I should hold off on it in the case of an invite from harvard (a long shot, i know)
anyone think their chances at harvard are shot because they dont have LORs from all their research advisors? I only have 2/4 bc the other two are no longer at my school (one in boston - worked with her summer after freshman yr, and the other i worked with postdoc who is in japan). I am kinda giving up on harvard...
iirc Harvard has non-rolling admissions and doesn't give out any acceptances till February, but I can't remember when they start interviews. US News doesn't have the info either...
hmm i wonder if anyone is complete yet. I havent gotten my email, and i submitted on 7/28
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just (like ten minutes ago) received email notification that I am complete.
me too.
I just (like ten minutes ago) received email notification that I am complete.
me too.
oh excellent!! thanks! I hope that means theyre going to be reviewing/inviting soon!
edit: I got the email today too! I submitted on 7/28 =)
I haven't heard anything from them either.
I haven't heard anything from them either.
Hi Berken!!
Hey Amph!Hi Berken!!
How would they even know whether or not you've sent in all your research letters? I mean, if you've worked in like 4 labs and you only send in 3 letters (maybe you're unable to contact the 4th PI or you just know it's not gonna be a good letter), how would they know that you've actually worked in 4 labs?
How would they even know whether or not you've sent in all your research letters? I mean, if you've worked in like 4 labs and you only send in 3 letters (maybe you're unable to contact the 4th PI or you just know it's not gonna be a good letter), how would they know that you've actually worked in 4 labs?
AMCAS Work and Activities
Did all y'all apply to one or both programs? I submitted on July 19th =/ No word yet.
I haven't heard anything from them either.
thats odd, i submitted july 28th, and my LORs were uploaded july 31st. I'm sure you submitted before me too jgberk =P
(woohoo 1000th post
)I just (like ten minutes ago) received email notification that I am complete.
(I submitted on 7/18 by the way)
I got notification today that I am complete. This waiting is crazy.
Oh man, do you really think they go for your throat if you don't have all your PIs recs?
I wouldn't worry about it too much. I got the email saying I was complete and I definitely didn't have LORs from everyone I worked for....of course I was a physics major and if I did, including my grad school stuff and all...it would have ended up being like 8+ letters..and some of them would have been from people I only knew for 8 weeks or so maybe 7 years ago (good thing I didn't send them because they probably would have consisted of "no, I have no idea who this person is")
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I just got the complete email too.Anyone else just get that email? =D
So I just called the admissions office to check the status of my application, and the person I spoke to said that the committee has already begun extending interview invitations ?!?
let the neurotic e-mail/mailbox checking begin!
Bleh....I'm positive I won't be in the first (or 5th) round of invites, but that won't stop the neurosis.
Did they say it would be via email or what? And also, were they friendly/nice about the inquiry?
Bleh....I'm positive I won't be in the first (or 5th) round of invites, but that won't stop the neurosis.
Did they say it would be via email or what? And also, were they friendly/nice about the inquiry?
Well, me neither in regards to interviews, but I can hope all the same.
I was so shocked by the admission that they had begun handing out invites that I completely forgot to ask about the method. I'm assuming mail, since no one has posted on this forum thus far? They were very nice about it, though. Maybe you can call and inquire, then get back to us? 😳
Well, me neither in regards to interviews, but I can hope all the same.
I was so shocked by the admission that they had begun handing out invites that I completely forgot to ask about the method. I'm assuming mail, since no one has posted on this forum thus far? They were very nice about it, though. Maybe you can call and inquire, then get back to us? 😳
I would, but honestly they've been kind of prickish every time I've called (about other questions) so I'm not eager to call again. Or rather, it's always the same guy, so I should say "he". 🙁
Is anyone else still not complete? 🙁
Is anyone else still not complete? 🙁
Yes, me. I emailed them yesterday to ask about it 🙁
Weird...I got the complete email yesterday and I submitted way after you, shemarty. Call them instead of email.Yes, me. I emailed them yesterday to ask about it 🙁
Yes, me. I emailed them yesterday to ask about it 🙁
Let me know what they say!
I submitted all my materials before the end of July and never received any complete e-mail. But I called them a few weeks ago and they said they received everything just fine, and told me I was complete over the phone.
I submitted all my materials before the end of July and never received any complete e-mail. But I called them a few weeks ago and they said they received everything just fine, and told me I was complete over the phone.
I just called, and they told me I was complete. Strange that some people got a complete email, and not others. 😕
Yeah I thought that was weird too. Same thing happened to me with Johns Hopkins. The lady was like,"and you never heard anything from us since then" 😕, and I just said no...lol
. Regardless, as long as they have everything, I'm content. Good luck to everyone
. Regardless, as long as they have everything, I'm content. Good luck to everyone
Let's hope so. Congrats to you though!!!!! 👍😀whoo!! interview! 🙂 im sure you guys will hear soon too!!




whoo!! interview! 🙂 im sure you guys will hear soon too!!
hey ar, did you apply to NP or both NP and HST?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just called, and they told me I was complete. Strange that some people got a complete email, and not others. 😕
I emailed and they told me I was complete. Yea, weird that we didn't all get the same e-mail last week, but oh well, we're complete!
Has anybody had any trouble pasting their essays into the boxes and keeping the returns between paragraphs? I have tried notepad, word, etc and nothing will keep the formatting of my essays. It all ends up looking like one block of text.
I emailed and they told me I was complete. Yea, weird that we didn't all get the same e-mail last week, but oh well, we're complete!
Aren't you invited to interview at Wash U too? Better update your mdapps 😀
I called Harvard last week and they told me they received my materials, although I've never gotten an email from them and they never responded to my emails inquiring about my status
Aren't you invited to interview at Wash U too? Better update your mdapps 😀
Haha, I tried to update it this morning but the site was down. It's now updated 🙂
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K