You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Me too! When are you going?interview!!!!.... in a state of disbelief at the moment.
and a good way to end the day considering i spent all afternoon trying to get complete at columbia and hopkins...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Me too! When are you going?
I haven't replied to the email yet, but I am thinking Sept 30 or Oct 2... though I wish it could be later to get some more practice under my belt, but oh well. What about you?
Hey serikk and dr drummer, did you apply to HST too or just NP?
just NP
Hey thanks! You too!!! When are you going again? I'm thinking of going next weekcongrats guys!!!
! I asked for the 25th. I interview at Dartmouth then and am trying to save $. I applied only NP.So I just got a complete email, even though I called last week and they told me I was complete. 😕
Whoops! Well, at least now you know for sure that you're complete.So I just got a complete email, even though I called last week and they told me I was complete. 😕
Whoops! Well, at least now you know for sure that you're complete.
Yep! Now I'll be checking my email even more compulsively!

Ha. Welcome to my world.....Yep! Now I'll be checking my email even more compulsively!![]()
i just got a complete email... 1 month and 3 days after i submitted my secondary (had my letters sent before that).
and all this time i thought they were reviewing my app already![]()
It took less than two weeks from my getting the complete e-mail to getting an interview offer. So you never know how long it will take.
On Sept 11th, they told me I was complete after I emailed them to inquire about my status.
Then, on Sept 30th, I get the official "complete" email.
I think it's safe to assume that my file hasn't been reviewed between then and now, right?
I had been wondering why I hadn't heard anything from HMS yet despite being "complete" on 9/11, but perhaps it's because I wasn't *really* complete until today.
🙁
Then, on Sept 30th, I get the official "complete" email.
I think it's safe to assume that my file hasn't been reviewed between then and now, right?
I had been wondering why I hadn't heard anything from HMS yet despite being "complete" on 9/11, but perhaps it's because I wasn't *really* complete until today.
🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey - has anyone already had their interview at HMS for the NP program - either in years past of this cycle?
I have mine this Saturday, October 4th and am just curious what your experience was like. Was the interview closed file/open file? Number of interviewers? Style?
Cheers!
I have mine this Saturday, October 4th and am just curious what your experience was like. Was the interview closed file/open file? Number of interviewers? Style?
Cheers!
Hey - has anyone already had their interview at HMS for the NP program - either in years past of this cycle?
I have mine this Saturday, October 4th and am just curious what your experience was like. Was the interview closed file/open file? Number of interviewers? Style?
Cheers!
Visit the Harvard page on the Interview Feedback site.
Everyone was really cool and down-to-earth... but like ar said, they didn't do much to keep us busy.
My second interviewer also answered his phone twice, checked his email, and walked out to give his secretary papers during the interviewe.... didn't exactly know how to take it.
Are you guys writing thank you notes?
My second interviewer also answered his phone twice, checked his email, and walked out to give his secretary papers during the interviewe.... didn't exactly know how to take it.
Are you guys writing thank you notes?
T
thegreenlight
Anyone still waiting to hear from Harvard? I submitted my secondary application on 7/18 and was complete 9/24. 🙁
Anyone still waiting to hear from Harvard? I submitted my secondary application on 7/18 and was complete 9/24. 🙁
I submitted my app and was marked complete about 2-3 weeks ago. I don't have any word yet. This is a reach school for me though, I'm really not expecting to hear anything back from them. Great location though.
is this also the time when schools are getting a little bogged down with apps? maybe its just taking them longer
Hey ar2388, was your interview very stressful/did you get grilled? or was it more laid back relaxed hey-lets-get-to-know-you? I just got an interview invite today and I don't want to **** this up.
What airport do we fly into if we want to go to Harvard? I hear the public transportation system is great in Boston so I assume that's how I willl be getting to the school.
As quoted in their interview FAQ page, their interviews are "not stress interviews" and they just "want to get to know the applicant better".Hey ar2388, was your interview very stressful/did you get grilled? or was it more laid back relaxed hey-lets-get-to-know-you? I just got an interview invite today and I don't want to **** this up.
What airport do we fly into if we want to go to Harvard? I hear the public transportation system is great in Boston so I assume that's how I willl be getting to the school.
Good luck!
I was marked complete just today (10/24) and submitted back on 8/25... letters have been available/in since June...
👍
👍
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was marked complete just today (10/24) and submitted back on 8/25... letters have been available/in since June...👍
![]()
Same here [wo]man. I submitted like 7/20 and letters were available in the middle of august. Just got my complete email today 10/24.
But they are non-rolling, so I'm not stressing it.
Last edited:
I was marked complete just today (10/24) and submitted back on 8/25... letters have been available/in since June...👍
![]()
wow, that sux...i was marked complete 2day 2...but i was stupid and messed up sending my AMCAS letters, so i had jus sent them in like on fri or something...i guess that makes me feel a little better then lollol!
Hey ar2388, was your interview very stressful/did you get grilled? or was it more laid back relaxed hey-lets-get-to-know-you? I just got an interview invite today and I don't want to **** this up.
What airport do we fly into if we want to go to Harvard? I hear the public transportation system is great in Boston so I assume that's how I willl be getting to the school.
you would fly into logan. from there you would take an airport shuttle to either the red or blue lines, and then switch to the green line. the med school is not in cambridge where the undergrad campus is, but still not that hard to get to. i'm sure they'll give you directions from the airport. from the airport (shuttle + T) it will cost $2.00 one way. not too shabby seeing as how it took me $30 to get from BWI to hopkins.
'
good luck.🙂
you would fly into logan. from there you would take an airport shuttle to either the red or blue lines, and then switch to the green line. the med school is not in cambridge where the undergrad campus is, but still not that hard to get to. i'm sure they'll give you directions from the airport. from the airport (shuttle + T) it will cost $2.00 one way. not too shabby seeing as how it took me $30 to get from BWI to hopkins.
'
good luck.🙂
Just to get more specific. The airport shuttle I think the poster is referring to is the "silver line" - it's a bus that is outside all the terminals. Get off at South Station. At South station, transfer to the red line towards Alewife. Get off at Park Street. At Park Street, transfer to the green line - either the E or D lines (it will say on the front of the trolley)! On either line get off at the Longwood stop. You will be at the corner of Longwood and Huntington, walk down Longwood and the school will be on your left. If you aren't familiar with the area, take the E line because it is easier/quicker to get to HMS. You will only have to pay once. You can take a cab as well, but cabs in Boston are pricey!
hey guys, has anyone received an interview invite after at least a month after being complete? when i called them, it seemed like they were saying that if they r going to invite u, they'll do it within 2-3 weeks of ur being complete.. but they woudln't answer directly so just wanted to ask others.. and hope that there's still a chance for an interview despite the wait lol..
Just to get more specific. The airport shuttle I think the poster is referring to is the "silver line" - it's a bus that is outside all the terminals. Get off at South Station. At South station, transfer to the red line towards Alewife. Get off at Park Street. At Park Street, transfer to the green line - either the E or D lines (it will say on the front of the trolley)! On either line get off at the Longwood stop. You will be at the corner of Longwood and Huntington, walk down Longwood and the school will be on your left. If you aren't familiar with the area, take the E line because it is easier/quicker to get to HMS. You will only have to pay once. You can take a cab as well, but cabs in Boston are pricey!
or you could take the other shuttle to the blue and switch to green that way... blue let's off at gov't center and you can get a D train there too.
So I was complete at HMS on October 2nd. I was checking my mail today and saw a big envelope from Harvard and my heart stopped. I got really excited thinking it might be an interview invite (why else would they be sending me a big envelope in the mail?) and it turned out to just be their viewbook and instructions on how to fill out their secondary application. Ummmm... hello Harvard! I have been complete for a month now-- the letter even said the secondary application due date was November 1st, or, two days ago! Anybody else get this in the mail super late?
Got that one last week.... I've been complete for a long time as well.So I was complete at HMS on October 2nd. I was checking my mail today and saw a big envelope from Harvard and my heart stopped. I got really excited thinking it might be an interview invite (why else would they be sending me a big envelope in the mail?) and it turned out to just be their viewbook and instructions on how to fill out their secondary application. Ummmm... hello Harvard! I have been complete for a month now-- the letter even said the secondary application due date was November 1st, or, two days ago! Anybody else get this in the mail super late?
haha that's a good one.guys, i had my interview almost a month ago and i just got that viewbook and the secondary instructions.
So I was complete at HMS on October 2nd. I was checking my mail today and saw a big envelope from Harvard and my heart stopped. I got really excited thinking it might be an interview invite (why else would they be sending me a big envelope in the mail?) and it turned out to just be their viewbook and instructions on how to fill out their secondary application. Ummmm... hello Harvard! I have been complete for a month now-- the letter even said the secondary application due date was November 1st, or, two days ago! Anybody else get this in the mail super late?
yea, same here. got mine on friday. my heart stopped for a split-second as well. their viewbook is very nice though. 😍
yep yep, my wait was a bit longer. completed on 9/22 and heard back today. i guess the lady on the phone didnt' know wut she was talkin about when she said interviewees will be emailed promptly within 2-3 weeks from completion date heh.
Yea, I e-mailed them on 9/11 and they told me I was complete. Then I got the formal "you're complete" email on 9/30. I submitted my secondary in July!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
T
thegreenlight
... and I'm still waiting 🙁
mmmcdowe
Duke of minimal vowels
Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
how many interviews does harvard offer? and out of those, what's the acceptance rate? thanks!
It's about 1000. I haven't found any values of acceptance versus matriculation. I imagine its a pretty small difference. I know Columbia's is about 50 more acceptances thant matriculations, so I imagine that Harvard is about the same. I could be wrong, however. What we need is someone with a subscription toe US New and World report.
Hahvahd Hahvahd Hahvahd. Sorry, it makes me happy to hear people say it like that, 😀
Last edited:
INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!😱
in a state of utter disbelief...harvard...please dont play with me!!!
still waiting for an email that says, SYYYKKKKE...
infact, this email jus says we are contacting to inform u that you
will be inivited for an interview...so it could still be a hoax...
omgogmogmgomgog
in a state of utter disbelief...harvard...please dont play with me!!!
still waiting for an email that says, SYYYKKKKE...
infact, this email jus says we are contacting to inform u that you
will be inivited for an interview...so it could still be a hoax...
omgogmogmgomgog
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K