2022-2023 Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
also, does anyone know where it would be in the portal??
View attachment 362334

Now that I paid the deposit the status is “Student” 🥹
someone posted this screenshot of what their portal looked like when they got admitted in this thread a while back. looks like the "applicant" box turns to "admitted"

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
How long before the email will the portal change? Also has anyones portal changed who is waiting for the april decisions?

How long before the email will the portal change? Also has anyones portal changed who is waiting for the april decisions?
for reference--my amcas updated at 6pm the night before, my temple portal changed at midnight and then the official email came in at 10am later that morning. hope this helps! :)

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
for reference--my amcas updated at 6pm the night before, my temple portal changed at midnight and then the official email came in at 10am later that morning. hope this helps! :)
same timeline here

Does anyone know when the accepted students group will be created? When was it made last year?

Does anyone know when the accepted students group will be created? When was it made last year?
It was created very early April last year and very late March the year before that.

Does anyone know if the waitlist will be pulled from at all in this upcoming round of decisions

Reactions: 3 users
you were spot on.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else think the cc list email was written so nicely? Like the verbiage makes me feel like the A might happen

Reactions: 6 users
I think someone already asked this but does anyone who went to Second Look know when they'll be sending the recordings and/or slides?

I think someone already asked this but does anyone who went to Second Look know when they'll be sending the recordings and/or slides?

Recordings and slides of what?

Recordings and slides of what?
They had a few speakers over Zoom and so recorded that, and they had slideshows about the different dual degree options, how to prep for august, etc.

They had a few speakers over Zoom and so recorded that, and they had slideshows about the different dual degree options, how to prep for august, etc.

the slides are available in the dropbox they sent us in our interview reminders. i couldn’t find the recording though /:

the slides are available in the dropbox they sent us in our interview reminders. i couldn’t find the recording though /:
Found it! Thank you so much :))

have you sent a letter of intent? that might help your chances! :)
just sent one this morning! definitely eased my anxiety a little bit, makes me feel like i've done everything in my control now

• Care
just sent one this morning! definitely eased my anxiety a little bit, makes me feel like i've done everything in my control now
Wishing the best for you!!! :)

they may also accept additional letters of rec? if you wanna have a prof send a letter saying why you'd be a great fit there especially. I did that for the school I sent a letter of intent to.

Last edited:
Wishing the best for you!!! :)

they may also accept additional letters of rec? if you wanna have a prof send a letter saying why you'd be a great fit there especially. I did that for the school I sent a letter of intent to.
thank you!!

oooo yes i believe you're right, I'll definitely look into that -- and tysm for all the advice, i really appreciate it :)

for people sending letters of intent, did you email to someone or just put on the portal?

thank you!!

oooo yes i believe you're right, I'll definitely look into that -- and tysm for all the advice, i really appreciate it :)
of course!! med school admissions is brutal and I am lucky to have some great resources and mentors (but also no acceptances yet lol) - happy to spread the knowledge!!

• Care
Hi everyone! I was placed on the WL pretty late, so this may have been said, but did Temple say when most of their WL movement happens? Is it ranked or unranked? Thanks so much!

I just saw you wrote this letter. did you email it or put it on the portal

I just saw you wrote this letter. did you email it or put it on the portal
I emailed the address that was in the waitlist email and then got a response a few days later saying thank you and it’s been added to your file

of course!! med school admissions is brutal and I am lucky to have some great resources and mentors (but also no acceptances yet lol) - happy to spread the knowledge!!
best of luck to you as well!! manifesting good vibes & acceptances

Hi everyone! I was placed on the WL pretty late, so this may have been said, but did Temple say when most of their WL movement happens? Is it ranked or unranked? Thanks so much!
not sure about ranked or unranked

"Most offers to continuing candidates are made after April 30th and may be extended until the beginning of our Transition to Medical School orientation program which begins on July 31st."
"While you remain on the continuing candidates list, any updates to your application should be communicated through [email protected]."
"Review of the continuing candidate list typically begins in May and continues until Orientation. Applicants with a strong interest in Temple are encouraged to send updates starting in April."

what exactly is a letter of intent? is that different than a letter of continued interest?

what exactly is a letter of intent? is that different than a letter of continued interest?
Someone add on to this, but a letter of intent is when you tell the school you will go to the school if you get in. You often send it to a school you are on a WL for. It’s “binding” - you don’t sign anything but it would be extremely bad etiquette if you didn’t go (unless they call you off the WL ridiculously late which is rare). You can only send a letter of intent to one school per cycle. PM me if you have more questions! And someone correct me if anyone of this is wrong.

Ive heard that it is only useful to send a letter of intent if you have other acceptances

Someone add on to this, but a letter of intent is when you tell the school you will go to the school if you get in. You often send it to a school you are on a WL for. It’s “binding” - you don’t sign anything but it would be extremely bad etiquette if you didn’t go (unless they call you off the WL ridiculously late which is rare). You can only send a letter of intent to one school per cycle. PM me if you have more questions! And someone correct me if anyone of this is wrong.
That's great a way to describe it, but from my understanding I would put a caveat to when you say you can only send one letter of intent per cycle. There's no official rule limiting you to only sending one per cycle. It's more that you should only send one letter of intent to one school at a time. However, in the scenario that you get rejected from the school you sent the letter of intent to, you're able to send another one somewhere else as long as it's after your receive rejection from the first school. It's just dishonest and unfair to other applicants to bind yourself to multiple schools at once, but as long as you avoid that scenario you're chilling. Also, someone correct me if that's wrong!

That's great a way to describe it, but from my understanding I would put a caveat to when you say you can only send one letter of intent per cycle. There's no official rule limiting you to only sending one per cycle. It's more that you should only send one letter of intent to one school at a time. However, in the scenario that you get rejected from the school you sent the letter of intent to, you're able to send another one somewhere else as long as it's after your receive rejection from the first school. It's just dishonest and unfair to other applicants to bind yourself to multiple schools at once, but as long as you avoid that scenario you're chilling. Also, someone correct me if that's wrong!
Ooooh I was not aware of this caveat!!!! thanks so much!!! :)

does planning to enroll elsewhere affect your chances of getting off the waitlist

does planning to enroll elsewhere affect your chances of getting off the waitlist
I think you must plan to enroll unless you want to lose your acceptance. Just don’t commit to enroll.