2008-2009 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
crap, rejected =( so so sad :(

i didnt even know to check the status page, i had a fellow sdn-er tell me about it. you think they could at least send me an email telling me i'm rejected!

Sorry. :(

All of these rejections make this post -- http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6866679&postcount=44 -- look like utter b.s. like I predicted it was.

Maybe they're using research experience to weed folks out since they're supposedly making the 2009 entering class curriculum much more research-intensive? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

crap, rejected =( so so sad :(

i didnt even know to check the status page, i had a fellow sdn-er tell me about it. you think they could at least send me an email telling me i'm rejected!
They follow up the status page with a physical rejection letter. It has a fake signature at the bottom, but still...

Congrats to anybody who has an interview invite from this or any other school so far!

Remember to post them on the interview invite threads :) It's helpful for other SDN members, not only this year but also in the future!

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
They follow up the status page with a physical rejection letter. It has a fake signature at the bottom, but still...

oh. I guess theyre not in a hurry to send that to me since they've thrown me out anyways lol.

Sorry. :(

All of these rejections make this post -- http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=6866679&postcount=44 -- look like utter b.s. like I predicted it was.

Maybe they're using research experience to weed folks out since they're supposedly making the 2009 entering class curriculum much more research-intensive? :confused:

maybe =/ I dont have clinical research, but I do have a year of radiation biology research. Oh well, no use crying over spilled secondaries

Hi y'all. This is my first time posting. Got this email today.

"Dear Applicant:
Your application has been reviewed by the Committee on Admissions and has been placed on hold for a second review after a greater number of candidates have been screened. The date of this second review cannot be stated with certainty. You will be notified by February 15 if you are to be invited for interviews.
You should arrange for copies of your fall quarter or semester grades to be sent to the Office of Admissions, Pritzker School of Medicine, 924 E. 57th Street, Suite 104W, Chicago, IL 60637. We would be happy to receive any additional materials you might wish to submit as well: honors, awards, special recognition, abstracts or other publications, etc.
If you feel it necessary to contact us for any reason, please send an email to [email protected]. We will respond to you as quickly as possible.
The Committee on Admissions appreciates your interest in the Pritzker School of Medicine and wishes you the best of success in the application process.
Office of Admissions Staff"

I guess it's better than a rejection. But what am I supposed to make of this. I've never heard of such a thing before!

It's common at a lot of schools. It means you were favorably reviewed but you didn't jump off the page at them, I think.

Do schools generally interview a certain number of "on hold" applicants?

Or is it like being "deferred" after applying early admissions to undergrad - there's not much of a chance at all?

I've been put on hold as well. There was a huge thread just for uchicago holds last year...I think 10% or less of "hold" applicants get interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just checked the status page and saw that I got an interview! I'm very excited. I was wondering, though, should I wait to schedule until I get an email from them (they say it takes three days) or do you think it's alright to call now?

interview!.... but i can't go any of the dates they list.

Oh well, I also got the hold email today. Hopefully they end up inviting more than 10% of holds for interviews, but with the smaller class size, I don't expect that to happen.

So... anyone else complete around 8/20? I'm checking their status page regularly but this is almost more nerve wracking than waiting for my MCAT score. I'd like to know when the people complete toward the end of August start hearing back, so I don't surprise myself by the status :laugh:

So... anyone else complete around 8/20? I'm checking their status page regularly but this is almost more nerve wracking than waiting for my MCAT score. I'd like to know when the people complete toward the end of August start hearing back, so I don't surprise myself by the status :laugh:

I hear you on the nerve wracking thing! On my computer, it goes from log-in screen to status check in 0.0002 seconds and I don't have time to mentally prepare myself! I'm also in the late August completion group.

Hello! Long time lurker, first time post-er.

I was just wondering if there was any one who submitted the secondary around the end of July/beginning of August and still has yet to hear back from Pritzker. I got the confirmation for my complete application on August 7th, and I check the status page a few times everyday (yep, pretty much obsessed with Pritzker). I still haven't heard anything yet. No rejection, no hold, no interview, nothing...

thanks!

Just complete today, but there is no way these checks are as nerve wracking as MCAT checks ha ha. Especially since I was in the mid-august sitting of last year where they delayed scores over and over. Checked an empty screen with my hand over it probably 15 times, each a bigger heart attack than the last. Lookin forward to the nervous checks for Pritzker though.

Hello! Long time lurker, first time post-er.

I was just wondering if there was any one who submitted the secondary around the end of July/beginning of August and still has yet to hear back from Pritzker. I got the confirmation for my complete application on August 7th, and I check the status page a few times everyday (yep, pretty much obsessed with Pritzker). I still haven't heard anything yet. No rejection, no hold, no interview, nothing...

thanks!

Man, now I'm really unsure. :laugh: Looking at the previous posters' completion/interview decision dates, I thought for sure my decision would come out within like the next 10-15 days. It seemed like they were taking between 3 to 4 weeks for a decision. I wish I could be a fly on the wall and see what's going on over there.

I was complete on the 11th of August and my status page was updated today with "your application will not be considered further" message.
Good luck to the rest of you!

7 total years of research experience, 5 of which resulted in a doctoral thesis, 2 first author publications, and a PhD, didn't get me in.

Rejected this morning. Ouch.

7 total years of research experience, 5 of which resulted in a doctoral thesis, 2 first author publications, and a PhD, didn't get me in.

Yeah that kind of blows the whole they-are-looking-for-research theory out of the water.

Burn, just checked my status and count me in as rejected. I think not having a LOR from my alma mater really hurt me. Guess it was not meant to be. Good luck to the rest of you!

What does it mean if you've been complete for several weeks and there is no change in your status (for better or worse)?

I envision two adcoms (one pro-Me, one anti-Me) are engaged in a thumb wrestling championship to determine if I should get an invite or not. :scared:

Sorry. :( I hope you get in to your 1st choice to soften the Pritzker blow. :thumbup:

Yeah that kind of blows the whole they-are-looking-for-research theory out of the water.

Yeah, it does. :oops:

Perhaps there's an essays-mean-everything-stats-and-ECs-mean-nothing method?

Or...

default.aspx

What does it mean if you've been complete for several weeks and there is no change in your status (for better or worse)?

I envision two adcoms (one pro-Me, one anti-Me) are engaged in a thumb wrestling championship to determine if I should get an invite or not. :scared:

Sorry. :( I hope you get in to your 1st choice to soften the Pritzker blow. :thumbup:

Yeah, it does. :oops:

Perhaps there's an essays-mean-everything-stats-and-ECs-mean-nothing method?

Or...

default.aspx

Haha certainly seems like the latter!

Sorry guys! With that much research experience, I don't know why they woudln't even interview you...good luck to everyone on other schools.

I just checked and still "a decision has not been made." My heart pounds for like a second right after logging in. This wait is excruiatingly looong! I'm not sure if I should call or not....

I got placed on hold. Although I guess it's not a flat-out rejection, it'll probably turn into one eventually..

oh man, sorry!!! that is ridiculous....goodluck with all your other applications:luck:

Rejected (by status update)
I would have at least liked the hold for my ego :(
application complete 8/29 (quick turn around)
I thought my stats gave me a fighting chance, guessed wrong.
-Roy

Rejected (by status update)
I would have at least liked the hold for my ego :(
application complete 8/29 (quick turn around)
I thought my stats gave me a fighting chance, guessed wrong.
-Roy

Sorry! Good luck at other schools! I'm still waiting for my decision........

I also got the bad news :(
Not surprised but it still sucks a little.

By status update... First rejection of what I hope is not too many... My ego is aching... Good luck and congrats to all that did get an invite!

when were you guys complete? I've been done since 8/ 20-ish and still no decision =/

when were you guys complete? I've been done since 8/ 20-ish and still no decision =/

I was complete at the end of July, got the confirmation email on 8/7. No decision from them..

complete on 9/22

interview invitation 9/29

mediocre stats, good research, lots of clinical experience, alum

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not Pritzker will be granting acceptances on the 15th?

Pretty sure they will be. Rolling admissions, MSAR says so, as well.

I hope they do, I don't think I can wait any longer than that. I'm already going insane with anticipation as it is.

I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not Pritzker will be granting acceptances on the 15th?

On the interview day they mentioned we would know by the end of October if not on the 15th.

On the interview day they mentioned we would know by the end of October if not on the 15th.

I heard some schools tell you that they will send out emails at 12:05 am on the 15th. Is that true? If so i'm going to be ocd checking my email

Status
Not open for further replies.