You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM) Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
from the wise words of ludacris: "where the f is my drink..........and secondary" 😡
agreed-oh and btw, please tell me that name is from BASEketball
agreed-oh and btw, please tell me that name is from BASEketball
you sir.... must either a) have just seen the movie, or b) have damn good memory.
judging by your mdapps... I might have to go with the latter.
where is the actual secondary application?
it can't be only me that can't actually FIND IT
it can't be only me that can't actually FIND IT
really dumb question...i just got my secondary app and i can't figure out how to actually access the secondary...how do you do it after youy clikc that link in the email?
After the first paragraph it says,
Our Secondary Application (which contains a section for applicants applying to the MSTP), can be found here.
You click on "here". It is one of the harder ones to find.
umm...i did that and got an email that looked kind of angry at me, subject line all caps PREMATURE SECONDARY APPLICATION and they said they hadn't verified receipt of my primary, so once they did that then they would review my secondary.fill it out regardless of whether youve gotten an invite for it through the email. i got verified a month ago, and then finally just said hell with it, went online, submitted it, and am now complete and under review. theyve received my LORs and payment and everything.
just fill it out.
I dunno, I feel like I'm not going to hear anything good from them from now on. I suggest waiting for the invite to submit.
does a grade of "D+" equal a grade of "D" for that question on the secondary?
i would say yes.does a grade of "D+" equal a grade of "D" for that question on the secondary?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just some advice for everyone, once you upload a picture it doesnt look like u can delete it and upload another one. So be careful which one you choose.
Wish i woulda known 😡
Wish i woulda known 😡
Oh my god that KILLED me. I uploaded a random pic of myself wearing a blue dress shirt in a white room that is nowhere NEAR a "proper" passport picture. I uploaded it just so I could move on to the other part of the application with the essays to see how many words I had to cut out of my gap year essay, and now it seems I'm stuck with a stupid picture for this application cycle. Great. Boo AE. Anyone know what I can do to rectify this? 😡
Oh my god that KILLED me. I uploaded a random pic of myself wearing a blue dress shirt in a white room that is nowhere NEAR a "proper" passport picture. I uploaded it just so I could move on to the other part of the application with the essays to see how many words I had to cut out of my gap year essay, and now it seems I'm stuck with a stupid picture for this application cycle. Great. Boo AE. Anyone know what I can do to rectify this? 😡
haha bro at least you didn't upload a picture of yourself in a bar wearing a leather jacket, with the alcohol and random people cropped out 😳
Someone may have asked this already, but if my letters were uploaded onto AMCAS through Interfolio, should I check the box that says "Letters will be uploaded to AMCAS through the AMCAS Letter Writer Application" on the recommendations section of the secondary application?
Thanks!
Thanks!
Just some advice for everyone, once you upload a picture it doesnt look like u can delete it and upload another one. So be careful which one you choose.
Wish i woulda known 😡
seriously! my pic makes me look anorexic and very funny looking! they dont even have a standard size 😱
Someone may have asked this already, but if my letters were uploaded onto AMCAS through Interfolio, should I check the box that says "Letters will be uploaded to AMCAS through the AMCAS Letter Writer Application" on the recommendations section of the secondary application?
Thanks!
Yes you should check that box, and if you are submitting more than the two required letters make sure you check both boxes. There is one box under the two required letters and another pops up under the optional additional letters once you start entering info there. Even though they both ask the same exact thing, you should check them both. Good luck!
Anyone having trouble making the app fee payment? Ive tred everything and nothing is going through. Dunno if its just me
this be the formal invite yes?
"AMCAS has just forwarded your materials to us and we would like to get you started on completing your application"
i was just seeing a lot of former posts about submitting prior to getting an invite from them. the statement above doesn't sound much like one but i'm sure it is. just checking.
also, einstein screens primaries right? can i assume they've already read my PS?
"AMCAS has just forwarded your materials to us and we would like to get you started on completing your application"
i was just seeing a lot of former posts about submitting prior to getting an invite from them. the statement above doesn't sound much like one but i'm sure it is. just checking.
also, einstein screens primaries right? can i assume they've already read my PS?
this be the formal invite yes?
"AMCAS has just forwarded your materials to us and we would like to get you started on completing your application"
i was just seeing a lot of former posts about submitting prior to getting an invite from them. the statement above doesn't sound much like one but i'm sure it is. just checking.
also, einstein screens primaries right? can i assume they've already read my PS?
That is the invite, yes. The email should come with a link to the secondary application.
AE does not screen primary applications, they just take a bit longer in sending out invites.
sigh... yeah, what's with the error... 

sigh... yeah, what's with the error...![]()
mine ended up going through after several tries, keep trying and maybe itll work?
I noticed the "I will have a Degree by matriculation" question didn't have an answer already selected. Did that and it sent fine.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
question for any post bacc'ers who had to get a "letter of good standing" for AECOM: how did you get this letter submitted to AECOM?
I put it into AMCAS as a "letter" and sent the ID page to my college - they ****ed it up by sending the letter to AMCAS along with a transcript that I did not want or need. Now AMCAS identified the packet as a new "transcript" and the "letter" distinction has been lost (i.e., AECOM cannot download a letter that is not there).
Did you have your undergrad college send this letter directly to AECOM, or to Interfolio, or what?
Dammit.
Where do we get this from... my UG has no such thing, i think. This is so stupid. Can't they just look at my transcript and see.
Is anyone else here a bit confused by AECOM's letters of rec. section on the secondary? I was under the impression that uploading letters to AMCAS (which nearly all med schools require this year) was NOT at all the same thing as having a letter writer use the AMCAS Letter Writer Application. Theyr are two separate things, no? I doubt very many people in the entire country used the Letter Writer Application, whereas I am equally sure that just about everyone has sent their letters directly to AMCAS. AECOM's secondary seems to say that those two systems are the same thing, and asks if we used the Letter Writer Application, which its website says is required. What gives?
Is anyone else here a bit confused by AECOM's letters of rec. section on the secondary? I was under the impression that uploading letters to AMCAS (which nearly all med schools require this year) was NOT at all the same thing as having a letter writer use the AMCAS Letter Writer Application. Theyr are two separate things, no? I doubt very many people in the entire country used the Letter Writer Application, whereas I am equally sure that just about everyone has sent their letters directly to AMCAS. AECOM's secondary seems to say that those two systems are the same thing, and asks if we used the Letter Writer Application, which its website says is required. What gives?
No I think they actually differentiate them. I'm not sure why they care if you use one or the other, but if you check the letter of recommendation instruction page, they kind elaborate that they can mailed to AMCAS or directly uploaded through the Letter Writer Application, both of which are acceptable. It is definitely weird, but it seems as if when you use the Letter Writer Application, schools are able to download your letter much faster. At least that is what is been happening with me and other schools where I get completes
They're sending interview invites now, just got one
so jealous!! when were you complete?
interview invite. woot! first one. i'm relieved.
They're sending interview invites now, just got one
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you 🙂
Does anyone know how do we check our application status for AECOM? Does the school just send you an email when you are complete/when you are invited for interview? I submitted my secondary recently and when I logged back in, I only see my secondary application and no status page.
you guys mind posting when you were complete?
complete 7/16.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woo! My first interview invite! Complete 7/29.
Interview invite too!! Could not be happier!!😀
congrats to everyone
congrats to everyone
Last edited:
invite, complete 7/16 😀
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K