2009-2010 Albert Einstein College of Medicine (AECOM) Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow the people who answer the phone are so damn rude and mean, its like aecoms mission statement, lol. Anyways so apparently, if you did not upload a photo before you submitted you can do nothing about it and you are basically auto-rejected. I guess good thing FAP paid my waiver here what a waste of time, serious this ranks up there with RFU in most ridiculous schools. They lady was so mean and rude ugh. Its a huge deal i guess to aecom that no photo was uploaded and you cant even mail one in apparently, but serious i didnt even see the stupid photo upload...w/e-_-

Edit: Ok so i looked at the post above with someone who called the office and they said you can mail it...why the hell did this lady tell me i cant and be so mean.

This is definitely not true....I sent them an e-mail and they were really nice and let me send in the picture via email. There was something with the application because I did not even have an "upload photo" prompt until after I submitted.
 
Wait I'm confused, I checked no to the question that asked if your letters were being uploaded through the amcas letter writer service b/c my school uploads them through virtualevals. Should I have picked yes?
That's exactly what I am wondering....my school also uses virtualevals so I picked "no"?
 
This is definitely not true....I sent them an e-mail and they were really nice and let me send in the picture via email. There was something with the application because I did not even have an "upload photo" prompt until after I submitted.
ok thanks...i thought that was the stupidest policy I have ever heard of...i guess ill just email and not call them and see what they say? You know ive called them 3 times now and each time has been worse then the last...why do i get stuck with the people who hate their jobs? lol
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
wow the people who answer the phone are so damn rude and mean, its like aecoms mission statement, lol. Anyways so apparently, if you did not upload a photo before you submitted you can do nothing about it and you are basically auto-rejected. I guess good thing FAP paid my waiver here what a waste of time, serious this ranks up there with RFU in most ridiculous schools. They lady was so mean and rude ugh. Its a huge deal i guess to aecom that no photo was uploaded and you cant even mail one in apparently, but serious i didnt even see the stupid photo upload...w/e-_-

Edit: Ok so i looked at the post above with someone who called the office and they said you can mail it...why the hell did this lady tell me i cant and be so mean.

are you serious? thats crazy, hope it works out for you :xf:
 
To all of you without the complete email, that is slightly strange. I submitted 7/5 and got a complete email 7/16. Maybe email them instead of a dreaded phone call?
 
Ive got a question:
I noticed that the mean MCAT and GPA from the school selector spread sheet were a lot higher than those posted on AECOM's website. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Because if this is true AECOM is not so much of a reach for me anymore
 
This is definitely not true....I sent them an e-mail and they were really nice and let me send in the picture via email. There was something with the application because I did not even have an "upload photo" prompt until after I submitted.

I certainly hope so. A flaw in their secondary system lets people submit without uploading an apparently essential aspect of the application and the applicants are the ones getting attitude. 👎
 
Hey guys, I had my primary verified July 13 and I still haven't received a secondary email invite. Should I email to ask or hold up another week?
 
Hey guys I just called to ask why I didn't receive a completed email as I submitted back on 7/2. The lady told me I was completed two days ago and that I should have gotten an email. So if still no email, I'd suggest just calling and making sure. By the way, the lady I spoke too was nice and helpful so not everyone they have are mean and rude. =)
 
I emailed them about the picture situation yesterday, asking if I can email it and got no response. I called them today and definitely talked to a rude lady who said there is nothing I can do about it now.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed them about the picture situation yesterday, asking if I can email it and got no response. I called them today and definitely talked to a rude lady who said there is nothing I can do about it now.
same, oh well i guess its just how they do things. Guess im rejected now.:shrug:
 
Last edited:
BlueElmo, I submitted my secondary on 7/2 and I still haven't heard from them either. You're not alone! I think I'm going to email as well to ask about the status of my application.
 
did most of you guys get a complete email? would it help if we call? i dont want to email or call but im afraid im missing something and they just dont feel like letting me know?! :scared:
 
did most of you guys get a complete email? would it help if we call? i dont want to email or call but im afraid im missing something and they just dont feel like letting me know?! :scared:

I haven't gotten the complete email yet, but I'm scared to call from all the stories people posted above :scared:... but I don't want them to have missed a vital part of my application either...oh the dilemma! LOL
 
AMCAS verified on 7/9 and I still haven't gotten their secondary. I called and they said that this is normal and that I should get it in a week or two.

Just leaving this note so that those in the same boat don't call as well.
 
hmmm i still don't know who you guys are talking to, but I have called twice regarding the picture issue and they have been SUPER nice to me! The lady even told me to have a nice weekend! haha so idk maybe it just depends who answers the phone?
 
So has anyone else uploaded the picture online AFTER they submitted the secondary and gotten a complete email?

I got a complete email but didn't upload the pic until after so I'm afraid they don't have my picture.
 
So has anyone else uploaded the picture online AFTER they submitted the secondary and gotten a complete email?

I got a complete email but didn't upload the pic until after so I'm afraid they don't have my picture.
i have but they dont have ure pic.
 
So has anyone else uploaded the picture online AFTER they submitted the secondary and gotten a complete email?

I got a complete email but didn't upload the pic until after so I'm afraid they don't have my picture.

hey how long did they take to complete you? its been almost 2 weeks and i haven't heard anything back 😕
 
Is the link to the secondary that c17h posted for the current application cycle or is it last years?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
do you have to be invited to complete a secondary? i didn't get any emails from them yet. anyone else in this boat?
 
Is the link to the secondary that c17h posted for the current application cycle or is it last years?

The link is this years. The title at the top of the page says ADMISSION APPLICATION 2009-2010.


Yeah, it's been over 3 weeks since I submitted, and I still haven't heard a thing about being complete. 👎

Same.

yup, same.

BlueElmo, did you hear back from them when you sent an email? I think in one of your previous posts you mentioned emailing them...?
 
The link is this years. The title at the top of the page says ADMISSION APPLICATION 2009-2010.




Same.



BlueElmo, did you hear back from them when you sent an email? I think in one of your previous posts you mentioned emailing them...?

They never replied back. What the hell?
 
same, oh well i guess its just how they do things. Guess im rejected now.:shrug:

hmmm i still don't know who you guys are talking to, but I have called twice regarding the picture issue and they have been SUPER nice to me! The lady even told me to have a nice weekend! haha so idk maybe it just depends who answers the phone?


I called again this morning and now I got a nice lady who let me email it to her. Wow this school is variable.
 
question for any post bacc'ers who had to get a "letter of good standing" for AECOM: how did you get this letter submitted to AECOM?

I put it into AMCAS as a "letter" and sent the ID page to my college - they ****ed it up by sending the letter to AMCAS along with a transcript that I did not want or need. Now AMCAS identified the packet as a new "transcript" and the "letter" distinction has been lost (i.e., AECOM cannot download a letter that is not there).

Did you have your undergrad college send this letter directly to AECOM, or to Interfolio, or what?

Dammit.
 
That's exactly what I am wondering....my school also uses virtualevals so I picked "no"?

yeah, you should have picked "yes." schools use virtualevals to send letters to AMCAS. then they're sent to the schools. at least that's what my undergrad did. :shrug:
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't even gotten my secondary yet, and I was verified three weeks ago... they aren't exactly efficient over there.
 
same here. verified early july yet no news of secondary. it's one of the easiest one so i just want to get it done but people in the office is not working very quickly on this. it's driving me crazy...
 
i finally got the complete e-mail. i submitted my secondary on the 15th, so basically it took them 2 weeks to get everything in order.

i don't know if it has anything to do with the fact that i e-mailed them yesterday asking if i was complete or not lol
 
Status
Not open for further replies.