2009-2010 Boston University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
right, but if someone already got in off waitlist it means if someone else drops due to getting in off wl at another school another spot is gonna open up here, dont lose hope homoochan hope you get in at least one of your schools :xf::luck:

Thanks onemcataway (T_T)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, so I don't know if everyone else has already realized this, but you can go here:

http://www.bu.edu/computing/earlybird/

and set up your BU e-mail address and account if you have a BU student ID (which you should have if you were accepted). Just though I'd let people know in case they hadn't set it up yet!

fellow WL-ers, any news from admissions? its been quiet lately...and i'm freaking out

Members don't see this ad :)
from the few times I've called in they haven't been too eager to speak with me, and I get the impression I'm not the only one who had this experience. If, hopefully when, the WL moves it'll move with or without our anxiety. Aside from updating them, sending a letter of intent, maybe calling them although that doesn't seem to work well we can't do much. I know that's not consoling you but it just seems at this point it is out of our hands. Enjoy this summer and relax before we begin an awesome yet busy phase in our lives. Hopefully you have or will get good news soon.

Good luck all.
Take it easy

Hey everyone! I just got called by Dean Witzburg and have been accepted off the waitlist! Good luck everyone, and for specifics about the waitlist, just PM me.

Hey everyone! I just got called by Dean Witzburg and have been accepted off the waitlist! Good luck everyone, and for specifics about the waitlist, just PM me.

Awww major congrats! You broke the BU infamous waitlist barrier. BU is so nice. I was really impressed by my interview day there, and I wasn't expecting to be. Are you definitely going?

Looks like that might have been the spot I withdrew from :). I had uploaded the withdrawal letter at 11AM.

BUSM rocks! I wish you the very best success...

Awww major congrats! You broke the BU infamous waitlist barrier. BU is so nice. I was really impressed by my interview day there, and I wasn't expecting to be. Are you definitely going?

Thanks for the congrats! I was impressed by my interview day as well. I am holding a spot at my state school and I am just waiting to see the financial aid package from BU. I would love to go to BU, but we'll see. I have a week to decide.

I got the call from Dr. Witzburg today! He said a couple of spots were just opened today... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

**PS keep writing LOI if you really want it**

Congrats!!! omgosh i dont know what else to say in another LOI, i was not expecting much but you guys got my hopes up a little :scared:

I got the call from Dr. Witzburg today! He said a couple of spots were just opened today... GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!!

**PS keep writing LOI if you really want it**

Congrats! are you coming for sure?

Congrats! are you coming for sure?

Hell yes! ;-) I already withdrew from my other school so it's official! I'm so excited and can't wait!

I sent to LOI directly to the dean himself....

Members don't see this ad :)
hey alljaz and everyone else who got in off waitlist, how many LOI's did you send and were they interest or intent? or update letters? is there another way of sending other than uploading it on the BU website?

Since Dr. Witzburg is going to the wait-list this year does anyone have an idea how many students will be in the 2014 class?

hey alljaz and everyone else who got in off waitlist, how many LOI's did you send and were they interest or intent? or update letters? is there another way of sending other than uploading it on the BU website?

I sent in 2 letters of interest, 2 update letters. The last letter that I sent i uploaded it, sent it to my interviewer, and sent it to the MDadmission email they have. Witzburg must have read the letter bc he replied a couple of hours after I sent it. GOOD LUCK!:luck::luck::luck:

Is anyone in need of a female roommate? I just received notice of acceptance a few days ago - so the sooner, the better!

Also, I was looking at financial aid distribution. Do we really only get $1000/mo for room and board?? All the housing I have seen is at least $1000/mo per:(

Thanks SDN'ers!

Last edited:
Is anyone in need of a female roommate? I just received notice of acceptance a few days ago - so the sooner, the better!

Also, I was looking at financial aid distribution. Do we really only get $1000/mo for room and board?? All the housing I have seen is at least $1000/mo per:(

Thanks SDN'ers!

you can get a place cheaper then that but it is either off campus or you are splitting a 1 bedroom apt with one person in the living room and one person in the bedroom which is possible at Harrison Court where there are 2 closets but one room. just put a curtain up in the living room. Me and my roommate worked this sort of arrangement out well this past year. Otherwise near the main BU campus is cheaper.

Just got the call from Dr. Witzburg!! My first acceptance :D

I'm sorry to say, but I have withdrawn my acceptance. It was a really tough decision but my fiancée will begin her grad program soon and it would be too difficult to relocate. Good luck to all you SDNers still hoping for a spot! I hope one of you gets mine, and the scholarship money!

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say, but I have withdrawn my acceptance. It was a really tough decision but my fiancé will begin her grad program soon and it would be too difficult to relocate. Good luck to all you SDNers still hoping for a spot! I hope one of you gets mine, and the scholarship money!

OOOooo maybe Vballer got your position

Just got the call from Dr. Witzburg!! My first acceptance :D

must throw in my congratulations also. first acceptance in June, you should write a thread for the 2015ers applying right now.

I just got an e-mail from BU saying they want more LOR.. hm.. anyone else got this e-mail? :scared:

I just got an e-mail from BU saying they want more LOR.. hm.. anyone else got this e-mail? :scared:

wow interesting :shifty: i didnt get anything but maybe its a good sign?! :)

EDIT: i mean good sign that you got it!!

wow interesting :shifty: i didnt get anything but maybe its a good sign?! :)

EDIT: i mean good sign that you got it!!

interesting.. I already have submitted LOR from my PI along with my primary last year.. why another LOR from the same PI? interesting.. interesting..

Thanks everyone! I am very excited! Dr. Witzburg said that two people deferred their acceptances to next year, and that's why they have open seats!

congrats VB....make sure you join the facebook page:thumbup:

How could they ask for more letters now? Don't they know that it can take like a month to get one, that is if you have someone to ask. They are going to wait for the letter until July?

How could they ask for more letters now? Don't they know that it can take like a month to get one, that is if you have someone to ask. They are going to wait for the letter until July?

I know... -_-;;;;;;;;;
What if they reject me even after going through the trouble of getting one fast and sending it :scared::scared: quite scared

interesting.. I already have submitted LOR from my PI along with my primary last year.. why another LOR from the same PI? interesting.. interesting..

I know... -_-;;;;;;;;;
What if they reject me even after going through the trouble of getting one fast and sending it :scared::scared: quite scared

have you sent them any updates or LOIs?

don't give up hope its seems like as people drop spots are opening so very different from the last years :)

For the people who had gotten off the wait list, did you guys have your criminal records check done after your acceptance or before?

So.. was it like.. criminal records check --> update letter/letter of intent --> Dr. Witzburg called you ?

Or was it like.. update letter/letter of intent --> criminal records check --> Dr. Witzburg called you?

:confused: hheellpp

For the people who had gotten off the wait list, did you guys have your criminal records check done after your acceptance or before?

So.. was it like.. criminal records check --> update letter/letter of intent --> Dr. Witzburg called you ?

Or was it like.. update letter/letter of intent --> criminal records check --> Dr. Witzburg called you?

I sent an update letter a couple months before the acceptance call. I never received the background check. I did get my financial aid package right before I withdrew my acceptance.

They are definitely considering you if they want you to update your application and are doing a criminal check on you. You're probably up there.

anyone knows/found out how many people on the WL? seems like a lot of people came off of it this year. I need to know how many more of you i need to take out before i get in?

So I was called last week and finally accepted today:). For all you fellow wait-listers out there... I never once wrote a LOI or gave them an update. I just figured being waitlisted at BU was like a rejection...look at their stats from the last few years.

For those who are going crazy about the criminal background check, I never received one, but I was also accepted at other schools, so a background check was performed then.

Good luck to everyone!

Sorry for the cross-post, but I told myself I'd made a real effort in the room mate search today, so here goes:

Where are you guys looking for room mates? Ideally I'd like to room with another first year med student, but I haven't been having a lot of luck on craigslist. Additionally, I've tried signing up for that uroomsurf (whatever is being advertised on that c/o 2014 roommate facebook group [http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...614420&ref=ts]), but the website keeps breaking whenever I try to submit the profile questions.

Also, to any current BUSM students or knowledgeable Bostonians in general: Do you have any recommendations for other places to look for room mates other than craigslist? What cities are ok to live in and are an acceptable train/bus ride away from the medical campus?

Or maybe I'll just ask here: Anyone looking for a 25 year-old male room mate who's interested in living close to school? I don't have an apartment picked out yet, but living space, at least to me, isn't nearly as important as finding a good room mate. I'm a good guy (no convictions, drug addictions) and a solid room-mate (clean, no pets, like to share etc...), so if you're in the same boat as I am, send me a message and we'll talk!

Check me out on facebook, but don't be too quick to judge. I promise I am a nicer guy than FB would have you believe. =P

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=666033616

Thanks,
Jim

P.S. here's a link to a craigslist listing that I made. It describes me a little better. https://post.craigslist.org/bos/H/sha/gbs/x/YGKmbjtr7gYTSu8S/S3geb

Last edited:
Sorry for the cross-post, but I told myself I'd made a real effort in the room mate search today, so here goes:

Where are you guys looking for room mates? Ideally I'd like to room with another first year med student, but I haven't been having a lot of luck on craigslist. Additionally, I've tried signing up for that uroomsurf (whatever is being advertised on that c/o 2014 roommate facebook group [http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...614420&ref=ts]), but the website keeps breaking whenever I try to submit the profile questions.

Also, to any current BUSM students or knowledgeable Bostonians in general: Do you have any recommendations for other places to look for room mates other than craigslist? What cities are ok to live in and are an acceptable train/bus ride away from the medical campus?

Or maybe I'll just ask here: Anyone looking for a 25 year-old male room mate who's interested in living close to school? I don't have an apartment picked out yet, but living space, at least to me, isn't nearly as important as finding a good room mate. I'm a good guy (no convictions, drug addictions) and a solid room-mate (clean, no pets, like to share etc...), so if you're in the same boat as I am, send me a message and we'll talk!

Check me out on facebook, but don't be too quick to judge. I promise I am a nicer guy than FB would have you believe. =P

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=666033616

Thanks,
Jim

P.S. here's a link to a craigslist listing that I made. It describes me a little better. https://post.craigslist.org/bos/H/sha/gbs/x/YGKmbjtr7gYTSu8S/S3geb

on the OHR website is the best way. Also, if you are in the area there are often roommate listings on bulletin boards everywhere. I would try to the roommate matching through the OHR website that was listed above by Futureoncdoc or whatever their name is. sorry if I butchered your username but was too lazy to scroll down to look at the posts. lol.

So.. If I got a call from Dr. Witzburg saying I'm accepted... and if I received e-mails about all these BU stuff.. um... is that acceptance? Or am I just hallucinating...

So.. If I got a call from Dr. Witzburg saying I'm accepted... and if I received e-mails about all these BU stuff.. um... is that acceptance? Or am I just hallucinating...

CONGRATTTTTTTTS you finally got innnn :claps:

CONGRADS....I'm so jealous...cross your fingers for me

Status
Not open for further replies.