You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2023-2024 Boston University
Started by PapaGuava
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
enditallplease
New Member
thats likely a good sign for youThe slow rollout is killing me!! But congrats to all accepted and fingers crossed for those on WL!
soccercity15
Full Member
+1 OOS A!!! LM 72
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted1157211
OOS A!!!!! Deferred in December. didn’t see all the mess on here last night about CYMS but holyyyy cowww
Congrats on the A’s! Are you guys getting the email just now or were those phone calls?
Congrats on the A’s! Are you guys getting the email just now or were those phone calls?
Email! Also BUs email server can be weirdly slow, my BU undergrad email takes forever to send and receive so they may be rolling out slowly because of that
A! Declined it, It's been a fun ride everyone
madamemichaelscott
Full Member
Will be withdrawing my W, take care everyone! <3
soccercity15
Full Member
is there an accepted students group?
Did anyone get accepted into the MD-PhD program?
Anyone still not hear a single thing? No A, WL, R, or anything in between. Interviewed in Jan
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
scorpionfish
Full Member
+1 WL. withdrawing- heard last year only 5 people got off WL of 300+ so not tryna be scorned twice. will be reapplying instead
did you hear back? Usually they send decisions in the afternoon/evening so I was surprised when I got an email in the morning..Anyone still not hear a single thing? No A, WL, R, or anything in between. Interviewed in Jan
did you hear back? Usually they send decisions in the afternoon/evening so I was surprised when I got an email in the morning..
I have not heard anything. My portal still just says Interview Complete. And my CYMS doesn’t have anything from BU either
Why not stay in the WL? Sure it’s a small chance but assume 5 out of 300 that’s 1.66% with people dropping out, it’s probably like 2%+ chance of getting in. Imagine a FREE lottery that has a 2% chance you win $200k-500k which is the opportunity cost of one year’s salary+1 WL. withdrawing- heard last year only 5 people got off WL of 300+ so not tryna be scorned twice. will be reapplying instead
Now if your mental health needs it so. Then by all means ignore this
D
deleted1167714
Did anyone get a confirmation email after confirming that they wish to remain on the waitlist?
Yeah I didDid anyone get a confirmation email after confirming that they wish to remain on the waitlist?
blueberrypup
New Member
I got an A email at 7:43 AM MT yesterday morning! Longest wait of my life, but super stoked, and I'll be going to the 4/5 visit day!
blueberrypup
New Member
I would definitely email them and ask, maybe it's an error on their endI have not heard anything. My portal still just says Interview Complete. And my CYMS doesn’t have anything from BU either
I would definitely email them and ask, maybe it's an error on their end
MSAR says the latest acceptances date is March 22nd so I think I’m going to wait until then. I just find it very weird that I didn’t get any form of communication
Does anyone have any tips for WL? Love BU but not sure if I should have any hope as it seems (edit for clarity) acceptances from the waitlist are slim to none
Last edited:
According to admit stat, out of 11400, 846 (8%) got interviews and 465 got admit??? Not sure where the data came from but it doesn't sound right.Does anyone have any tips for WL? Love BU but not sure if I should have any hope as it seems waitlist offers are slim to none
D
deleted1167724
Post II R end of cycle for me!
not saying the data is right, but the data definitely *sounds* right. What part of the data seems off to you?According to admit stat, out of 11400, 846 (8%) got interviews and 465 got admit??? Not sure where the data came from but it doesn't sound right.
View attachment 384185
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
465 got admitted! I thought BU only offers 160-170 seats for their 4-yr MD (~100) and other MD streams. It probably refers to the number of A offers and WL offers, but then it doesn't mean "admits".not saying the data is right, but the data definitely *sounds* right. What part of the data seems off to you?
Admitted doesn’t mean enrolled. 465 were accepted but they didn’t all go to BU465 got admitted! I thought BU only offers 160-170 seats for their 4-yr MD (~100) and other MD streams. It probably refers to the number of A offers and WL offers, but then it doesn't mean "admits".
Edit. Didn’t read the second part of your post Lolol but I think yeah admits refers to everyone who was “accepted” including people pulled off the waitlist I believe
D
deleted1187350
Since we will begin seeing patients the first week of class, will we have to complete drug testing before classes start? How would that work if we plan on moving right before whenever the start date will be?
ChacoHiker
Full Member
does anyone know what happens if we can't go to any of the second look dates? Are there any alternate dates we could go for?
ChacoHiker
Full Member
Sorry to double post but what is the dress code for the second look? Is it business professional or more casual? Thanks!
soccercity15
Full Member
Yeah I was super surprised by this .. lots of people in sweatpants and very casual wear ...Whatever you are comfortable with. Almost no one will be dressed business professional.
$62k/year scholarship awarded just now. Very generous! Context: it’s need-based and I come from a very low income background.
I couldn’t make it to the second look, are there any other alternatives to learn more about the school? Any current students around who could talk to me about their experience?
I couldn’t make it to the second look, are there any other alternatives to learn more about the school? Any current students around who could talk to me about their experience?
Last edited:
D
deleted1169361
CONGRATS! huge.$62k/year scholarship awarded just now. Very generous! I couldn’t make it to the second look, are there any other alternatives to learn more about the school? Any current students around who could talk to me about their experience?
additionalrabbit
Full Member
We may still be awaiting our need-based financial aid details right? My "award" tab just lists the dean scholarship from when I was accepted, but all of my docs/fafsa/css are in. Are we notified via email of updates?
You'll receive an email from the financial aid office.We may still be awaiting our need-based financial aid details right? My "award" tab just lists the dean scholarship from when I was accepted, but all of my docs/fafsa/css are in. Are we notified via email of updates?
My WL email said most people get As from the waitlist between June 1 and July 31When does BU start accepting off their waitlist? I don’t remember if this was mentioned anywhere and I don’t have access to MSAR anymore
Just withdrew! Hope my spot goes to one of you ❤️
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cellculture4L
Full Member
How do you go about withdrawing? Is there a spot on the secondary portal or do you just email adcom email?Just withdrew! Hope my spot goes to one of you ❤️
I believe it was on the "Application" status tab on the top. The button is gone but I think it was a hyperlink that said withdraw or somethingHow do you go about withdrawing? Is there a spot on the secondary portal or do you just email adcom email?
tofuandyoga
New Member
thank you!I believe it was on the "Application" status tab on the top. The button is gone but I think it was a hyperlink that said withdraw or something
additionalrabbit
Full Member
I'm withdrawing my A here too 🙂 GL everyone on the WL! <3