2009-2010 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
woops wrong forum.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

I'm sad to say that I gave up my spot at Creighton yesterday :( I loved the school so much but in the end I couldn't justify the COA. Good luck to everyone still waiting, hopefully things will start rolling on May 15th!

Hey everyone,

I'm sad to say that I gave up my spot at Creighton yesterday :( I loved the school so much but in the end I couldn't justify the COA. Good luck to everyone still waiting, hopefully things will start rolling on May 15th!

Ah, that's too bad ABR. I'm waitlisted and loved the school as well, I hope I get accepted but the COA plus the healthcare bill is a concern. No doubt about that.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone,

Ahh ABR I was looking forward to meeting you....I do understand what you're saying about the CoA (I'm trying to not think about it as of now)...best of luck at Mizzou!

As an old-timer graduate of Creighton, I'd like to say congrats to those who are going next year. Being originally from Southern California, I was a bit hesitant about going to Creighton for medical school. However, like many others who have interviewed there, I fell in love w/the school during my visit. You can really sense how the students were close and how the faculty were supportive. The city wasn't half bad and during my 4 years there, I grew to love Omaha (I actually kind of miss it now). My gut just told me this was the right place for me. I met my future wife at Creighton as well which was a bonus!
Sounds like things have changed as far as the admission process but when I applied, I got waitlisted too :(. I really was bummed and sent Dr. Nipper multiple letters updating things I have done, how Creighton was my number 1, how I got into other schools (3 other) but would rather go to Creighton etc...1 week before I was going to pack my bags and head off to X school, I got a call from Dr. Nipper and was accepted! So for those on the waitlist, there is still hope, you just need to show them how much you like Creighton.
Finally, just to show how much Creighton really cares, I did the military scholarship (still currently in), finished my internship year and went operational. I had to apply for civilian residency in advance in anticipation of getting out and Dr. Kavan (Dean of Student Affairs) and staff were very helpful in the application process, offering advice and answering my numerous questions. This just shows how the faculty at Creighton really care about you (even 3 years after you graduate). Good luck to the future Creighton medical students, I'm sure you will have a great experience like I did.

Withdrew from here as well. I hope one of you still waiting gets my spot!!

Hey everyone,

Withdrew last week. I loved Creighton but couldn't justify the COA either. Good luck to whoever gets my spot.

Has anyone else heard that Creighton looks at applicants who graduated from Creighton over other applicants on the wait list? I really liked the school and just sent in my "yes I still want to be on the wait list form." Ive been accepted to another school and have to find a place to live, which means more money on a deposit and feel like I shouldnt wait around for hearing from the school even though its my top choice. Any advice would be appreciated.

This is to anyone who may have the inside scoop on Creighton admissions this year (maybe OHSYNAPSE, can help, too?). BTW, OHSYNAPSE, thank you for all your help and input this past year; you have been extremely helpful.

So I'm a first time poster/ LONG TIME lurker. I was just wondering, now that the May 15th deadline is a week past and the smoke has hopefully cleared up, how many students the adcom plans to initially pull off the waitlist (I know that the students they pull off the waitlist may deny an acceptance, which makes things even more vague; but I was just wondering how many students will be given an acceptance in this first round of invitations off the waitlist)? Does this make sense? For instance, have an abnormal amount of students maintained their acceptance at Creighton this year? Like MANY others, I am hoping for an acceptance here in the near future! Thank you everyone!

This is to anyone who may have the inside scoop on Creighton admissions this year (maybe OHSYNAPSE, can help, too?). BTW, OHSYNAPSE, thank you for all your help and input this past year; you have been extremely helpful.

So I'm a first time poster/ LONG TIME lurker. I was just wondering, now that the May 15th deadline is a week past and the smoke has hopefully cleared up, how many students the adcom plans to initially pull off the waitlist (I know that the students they pull off the waitlist may deny an acceptance, which makes things even more vague; but I was just wondering how many students will be given an acceptance in this first round of invitations off the waitlist)? Does this make sense? For instance, have an abnormal amount of students maintained their acceptance at Creighton this year? Like MANY others, I am hoping for an acceptance here in the near future! Thank you everyone!

chirp chirp

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted Today!!!! Interviewed 2/27, wait-listed 4/1.

I got iiin!!!

Congrats!! Do you mind posting whether you are IS (particularly if you went to Creighton for undergrad) or OOS.

Also, do you mind posting what you think you did to get off the waitlist (retook MCAT? retook class? volunteering? letter(s) of intent?)

Thanks! And congrats once again!!

Thank you very much!!

I was OOS and sent a lot of update letters regarding current service projects. Creighton is awesome for allowing students to have open door counseling.I recommend utilizing it and talking to Dr. Nipper / Mr. Jarmon, they are very helpful. Good Luck !!

Thank you very much!!

I was OOS and sent a lot of update letters regarding current service projects. Creighton is awesome for allowing students to have open door counseling.I recommend utilizing it and talking to Dr. Nipper / Mr. Jarmon, they are very helpful. Good Luck !!

When you say talking to Dr. Nipper/ Mr. Jarmon, did you call or e-mail them after you were waitlisted? If you did, what sort of things did you inqure about. Are you a reapplicant who sought their advice after your first cycle? I've also sent a few updates and would very much like an acceptance here. I'd appreciate any advice, thanks!

I believe Thursday you can call to speak with either of them. IF they are busy you can leave your info on a call back list and they are very prompt to return your calls. Basically I asked for recommendations about things I needed to work on in order to update Creighton( Service is a big thing here) I wasn't a re-applicant so this was all a learning process for me also. Good luck and PM me with questions anytime.

I believe Thursday you can call to speak with either of them. IF they are busy you can leave your info on a call back list and they are very prompt to return your calls. Basically I asked for recommendations about things I needed to work on in order to update Creighton( Service is a big thing here) I wasn't a re-applicant so this was all a learning process for me also. Good luck and PM me with questions anytime.

Thanks caligq, I appreciate your sharing with me!

Thanks PureMotivation! I am very excited to go to Creighton! I too emailed updates to the admissions office about grades and service activities. Hope you hear good news soon!

Thanks PureMotivation! I am very excited to go to Creighton! I too emailed updates to the admissions office about grades and service activities. Hope you hear good news soon!

Gen1, were you recently accepted off the waitlist as well? And thanks for the well wishes!

Hi all,

I am relatively new to this forum. I also am on the wait list and hoping for admission. I am considering joining the airforce to cover tuition if I get in. Does anyone have a suggestion about when is the best time to talk with a recruiter? I was going to wait until I received admission, but that may be too late as school is fast approaching.

Hi all,

I am relatively new to this forum. I also am on the wait list and hoping for admission. I am considering joining the airforce to cover tuition if I get in. Does anyone have a suggestion about when is the best time to talk with a recruiter? I was going to wait until I received admission, but that may be too late as school is fast approaching.

Hey Smoothblue

good luck with the waitlist! I'd talk to a recruiter ASAP. It might be past the deadline. I don't know what they do for people in your situation but you should definitely ask. another alternative is to take loans this year and join next, then your loan load is minimal and you cut down your service requirement to three years (the minimum). good luck!

I'm in!! sooooo excited! Does anyone know if there's a fb group for the class of 2014? It'd be nice to begin to get to know who's in our class before starting, especially being OOS.

Just withdrew my acceptance....hopefully one of you will get it

Status
Not open for further replies.