You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Creighton
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
duckgoesquack
Full Member
I also received $0 in scholarships/grants :/ was surprised because I got a merit scholarship at another school. Is there an application for scholarships?Did anyone receive their financial aid award letter? I received mine and it said I was given $0 in the form of scholarships or grants... I was wondering if this is common?
randomusername3
Full Member
Another question about aid. I saw that I got the federal student loans, but I didn't see anything about private student loans. One of the other schools gave me private loans in the aid offer. Does this mean that I'm ineligible to apply to private loans if I go to Creighton?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
roveresque
Full Member
Also wondering this!I also received $0 in scholarships/grants :/ was surprised because I got a merit scholarship at another school. Is there an application for scholarships?
roveresque
Full Member
Can I ask if this was from an additional application (institutional aid, scholarship, etc.) or if it was based of FAFSA? I'm a bit confused on how the aid is being distributed and if there are additional applications that we need to do. thanks!+1 scholarship offer!
Not an additional application. It was $40K/year that the committee voted on based on my AMCAS/secondary application as a wholeCan I ask if this was from an additional application (institutional aid, scholarship, etc.) or if it was based of FAFSA? I'm a bit confused on how the aid is being distributed and if there are additional applications that we need to do. thanks!
anxiousardvark
Full Member
Just a friendly reminder, do your homies on the waitlist a favor and withdraw your apps when you know you aren't going here plzzz
anxiousardvark
Full Member
Many blessings upon youWithdrew. Best of luck to y'all on the WL
anxiousardvark
Full Member
Just in case some of you didn't notice. Make sure to accept your position on the waitlist. There's a second tab on the application portal under the "admissions decision" page where you have to check that you accept the postion on the waitlis and save itt. It has the exact same message as the first tab and the same formatting, and the message doesn't say you need accept it, but on the second page it has option to accept or reject the waitlist decision is hidden off screen at the bottom.
shinymagikarp
Full Member
Yeah I also just noticed this, there was no indication that we needed to do it and just selected it now. WildJust in case some of you didn't notice. Make sure to accept your position on the waitlist. There's a second tab on the application portal under the "admissions decision" page where you have to check that you accept the postion on the waitlis and save itt. It has the exact same message as the first tab and the same formatting, and the message doesn't say you need accept it, but on the second page it has option to accept or reject the waitlist decision is hidden off screen at the bottom.
smrtprinciple
Full Member
Does anyone know when the committee meets again to go over people on the waitlist? I remember it being some time around this week or next week.
I believe they start meeting May 4th and start sending out acceptances as early as May 7th, but somebody correct me if I’m wrong!Does anyone know when the committee meets again to go over people on the waitlist? I remember it being some time around this week or next week.
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
They told me they meet the 7th and start sending out the 7thI believe they start meeting May 4th and start sending out acceptances as early as May 7th, but somebody correct me if I’m wrong!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hopefulmedstudent1011
Full Member
Anyone else going to submit an update soon?
shinymagikarp
Full Member
I think they want updates submitted at least a week before they start making decisions... at least that's what they told me during the one-on-one. I submitted mine earlier just to be safeAnyone else going to submit an update soon?
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
ya imma do it todayAnyone else going to submit an update soon?
As a WLW on the alt list at Creighton, does anyone know the yield rates here? Im also WL at two other schools so just trying to see where to expect movement; I noticed on admit most students initially accepted at Creighton are matriculating elsewhere but I know this data is self-reported and not immediately representative of the whole pool of direct admits
Did you make sure to send an update letter and/or LOI and/or attend their post-WL advising session? If so, you have a high chance of getting off the WL.
anxiousardvark
Full Member
Last year they told me its abouty 20% of the waitlist people get in.As a WLW on the alt list at Creighton, does anyone know the yield rates here? Im also WL at two other schools so just trying to see where to expect movement; I noticed on admit most students initially accepted at Creighton are matriculating elsewhere but I know this data is self-reported and not immediately representative of the whole pool of direct admits
Oh, interesting. There was an interview on YouTube where someone from PremedCC interviewed an adcom from CUSOM (I tried finding it, but it seems they deleted it). The adcom presented actual numbers and showed they interview ~1000 applicants, accept ~500, and have 250 matriculate. I just assumed it was a near-even split: of those ~500 accepted, maybe 280 were initially accepted, and 220 were post-WL acceptees. They also said that if you attend their post-WL advising session and make the correct changes, there's a very high chance you'll be accepted. During my interview day, they repeated that, if I sent an update letter or LOI, I'd likely get accepted.
There are currently 100 people (including many students) in the Phoenix campus GroupMe, if that helps.
There are currently 100 people (including many students) in the Phoenix campus GroupMe, if that helps.
pleaseaccept
Full Member
During the waitlist drop in session, they said around 10-20% are accepted from the waitlist in January, and around 50% are accepted in May when the committee reviews the waitlist again. I assume if you attend the drop in session, sent in a LOI, and update letter, your odds are decent?Last year they told me its abouty 20% of the waitlist people get in.
Last edited:
Yes I did in January after I was waitlisted, and sent a combined Letter of Interest + update letter last weekDid you make sure to send an update letter and/or LOI and/or attend their post-WL advising session? If so, you have a high chance of getting off the WL.
wow thats reassuring. I think someone said movement should start the 7th?During the waitlist drop in session, they said around 10-20% are accepted from the waitlist in January, and around 50% are accepted in May when the committee reviews the waitlist again. I assume if you attend the drop in session, sent in a LOI, and update letter, your odds are decent?
justhereforthevibes
New Member
Does anyone know the last day they send out acceptances for those on the waitlist?
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
I stalked the past two years and looks like they stop around June 20th and then reject remaining on July 2ndDoes anyone know the last day they send out acceptances for those on the waitlist?
justhereforthevibes
New Member
in the previous Creighton threads, they talk about the "decision has been made" notification, but i don't think i see it on my portal or know what i am supposed to be looking for... is it the "admissions decisions" tab?
smrtprinciple
Full Member
I don’t see that particular wording anywhere on my portal. I just have the admissions decisions tabin the previous Creighton threads, they talk about the "decision has been made" notification, but i don't think i see it on my portal or know what i am supposed to be looking for... is it the "admissions decisions" tab?
shinymagikarp
Full Member
They recently changed the look of their portal, it may no longer display thisin the previous Creighton threads, they talk about the "decision has been made" notification, but i don't think i see it on my portal or know what i am supposed to be looking for... is it the "admissions decisions" tab?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pleaseaccept
Full Member
Today is the day?
Its the first day the adcom starts re-reviewing the waitlistToday is the day?
anxiousardvark
Full Member
Should see some movement today and tomorrow. How much movement idk, the commit to enroll deadline isn't until July.Today is the day?
shinymagikarp
Full Member
How anxious is the aardvark right nowShould see some movement today and tomorrow. How much movement idk, the commit to enroll deadline isn't until July.
anxiousardvark
Full Member
#anxietymaxxxxing, im playing medium anxious, just ready for all the waiting and stress to be overHow anxious is the aardvark right now
shinymagikarp
Full Member
the ssri industry loves premeds#anxietymaxxxxing, im playing medium anxious, just ready for all the waiting and stress to be over
praying for all of us, may this day in history bequeath us with bountiful admissions
matted_chinchilla
Full Member
hopefully starts in an hourStill nothing today??
shinymagikarp
Full Member
+1 A
I'm speechless
Edit: call, Omaha
I'm speechless
Edit: call, Omaha
Last edited:
diamondlake49
Full Member
Congrats!! Did they call you?
Hey you did it congrats!+1 A
I'm speechless
anxiousardvark
Full Member
WWWWW, phone call?+1 A
I'm speechless
iloveanatomy42
New Member
Congrats! What campus?+1 A
I'm speechless
smrtprinciple
Full Member
Congrats! Did they call you??+1 A
I'm speechless
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
smrtprinciple
Full Member
Does your portal look any different??+1 A
I'm speechless
Edit: call, Omaha
shinymagikarp
Full Member
Hasn't updated yet. Caller told me AMCAS would be updated tmrw and more information starting MondayDoes your portal look any different??
iloveanatomy42
New Member
+1 A i can’t believe it!!!!!
just now?+1 A i can’t believe it!!!!!
congrats!!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K