2025-2026 Creighton

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So….. thank you letters? Yes no? Also upload them to the portal (the only label I see for documents is application update) orrrr email admissions/faculty interviewer?
 
Did they notify you of the scholarship by email, or did you just check NEST? Is it a merit scholarship, and do you think stats or achievements (eg, pubs) made a bigger difference in what they offered? Is it a significant amount?
No worries if you don't feel comfortable answering. And thanks!
It was notified by email with a scholarship offer letter attached. The scholarship covered over 50% of tuition. They considered merit/service/background.
 
Placed on alternate list. Interviewed end of January. Anyone know what the odds are of coming off the waitlist?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Placed on alternate list. Interviewed end of January. Anyone know what the odds are of coming off the waitlist?
Very high. Theres a 65% acceptance rate based on previous comments. Sending an update/intent will increase your oods!
 
It was notified by email with a scholarship offer letter attached. The scholarship covered over 50% of tuition. They considered merit/service/background.
Thanks!
Creighton recently updated the financial aid page on my NEST account (no longer glitching). They're probably getting ready to reveal their financial aid offers (which makes sense historically, given it's almost March). Though I'd guess they already offered their big scholarships to students they don't want to lose. Hopefully, we all get some more scholarships offered, given how expensive the school is!
 
Thanks!
Creighton recently updated the financial aid page on my NEST account (no longer glitching). They're probably getting ready to reveal their financial aid offers (which makes sense historically, given it's almost March). Though I'd guess they already offered their big scholarships to students they don't want to lose. Hopefully, we all get some more scholarships offered, given how expensive the school is!
We were also told by the students there that, generally speaking, with loans being drastically lowered, private schools have to provide more incentives for students to pay more for a private school vs their public in-state schools.
 
Popping back in as people are considering schools and associated costs. I want to give a shoutout to Creighton Phi Chi, a co-ed living community that includes students from all four years of medical school. My housemates quickly become some of my best friends and serve as excellent mentors, providing insight into study resources, extracurriculars, research, and pretty much everything else that will help you succeed in medical school. Plus, at Phi Chi you'd get to live in a pretty mansion located a block away from Omaha's Blackstone district (lots of fun), and we have extremely cheap rent at $625/month (which includes all food and utilities!).

If you want to make the most out of your transition into medical school, please consider living at Phi Chi. If interested or if you have any questions, feel free to send us an email at [email protected]! The house application as well as other information can be found under the APPLY tab of our website www.creightonphichi.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis throughout the Spring and Summer. We look forward to hearing from you all soon!!!

At Admitted Students Day this upcoming Friday, some of my housemates will be speaking, and we’d love to have y’all by the house if you want to check it out!

If you have more questions about Creighton or Omaha outside of Phi Chi, I'd be happy to help! I know this is a stressful time for everyone, but you are all crushing it!
 
For those who interviewed, how long did it take for your portal to update afterwards? I interviewed beginning of February and my portal hasn't changed at all (still has the interview tabs) so I'm a little worried I did something wrong
 
On the alt list and trying to see if I’m being delusional or this was actually a semi good sign? 😅 i went to the adcom review (trying not to give too much info ab myself so sorry this is vague lol) but i was initially told to just make sure i submit update by early May for next stage of review. Then i gave more context about something that was brought up and he seemed surprised and then started typing and was like “ok actually send an update asap and then another before early May” so basically am just trying to get an outside pov to see if my desperation is causing me to read too much into this or …
 
On the alt list and trying to see if I’m being delusional or this was actually a semi good sign? 😅 i went to the adcom review (trying not to give too much info ab myself so sorry this is vague lol) but i was initially told to just make sure i submit update by early May for next stage of review. Then i gave more context about something that was brought up and he seemed surprised and then started typing and was like “ok actually send an update asap and then another before early May” so basically am just trying to get an outside pov to see if my desperation is causing me to read too much into this or …
They have pretty good movement off the waitlist, I believe about 25% get off the waitlist from what I remember being told last year. My immediate reaction to what you just mentioned is, if I had to venture a guess, they'll put a note on your app and either re-review you while they review the rest of us that haven't heard yet, or make sure they take your update into account when they review in May. Either way, clarifying whatever the info was, was probably beneficial to you. Again, just a guess, but from what you've said it sounds positive, so I would assume it was.
 
For those who interviewed, how long did it take for your portal to update afterwards? I interviewed beginning of February and my portal hasn't changed at all (still has the interview tabs) so I'm a little worried I did something wrong
mine hasn't updated either and i also interviewed early feb! i dont see a thank you message like one that has been mentioned in previous year threads.
 
mine hasn't updated either and i also interviewed early feb! i dont see a thank you message like one that has been mentioned in previous year threads.
I applied last year in the old portal. The new one is completely different, so I doubt we'll see the message disappear like last year. That was the tip off that a decision had been made, and a new message would pop up a few hours later with the decision.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone receive their financial aid award letter? I received mine and it said I was given $0 in the form of scholarships or grants... I was wondering if this is common?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad