-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 Northwestern University Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Rejected. Yet again.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAA northwestern.
It was nice knowing you.
Good luck to everyone in limbo-land 🙂
It was nice knowing you.
Good luck to everyone in limbo-land 🙂
yikes... sorry to hear about the rejection. i am sure mine is coming; but, i am keeping up hope for those of us "in limbo"
...praying to the illinois snow gods. show us some love!
ps-for those rejected, was it pre-interview/post-interview? do you mind saying if by e-mail? help me keep down the cost of anxiety meds. 😉 ha. thanks.
...praying to the illinois snow gods. show us some love!
ps-for those rejected, was it pre-interview/post-interview? do you mind saying if by e-mail? help me keep down the cost of anxiety meds. 😉 ha. thanks.
Thanks for the condolences, but it was expected... my numbers aren't nearly good enough lol.
Maybe the only thing I'm mad about is how hard I pondered those secondary questions which were rather tough.
And to help your anxiety, my rejection was pre-interview with notification via email.
Maybe the only thing I'm mad about is how hard I pondered those secondary questions which were rather tough.
And to help your anxiety, my rejection was pre-interview with notification via email.
Thanks for the condolences, but it was expected... my numbers aren't nearly good enough lol.
Maybe the only thing I'm mad about is how hard I pondered those secondary questions which were rather tough.
And to help your anxiety, my rejection was pre-interview with notification via email.
Yikes! Did your status page update too?
Thanks for the condolences, but it was expected... my numbers aren't nearly good enough lol.
Maybe the only thing I'm mad about is how hard I pondered those secondary questions which were rather tough.
And to help your anxiety, my rejection was pre-interview with notification via email.
I hear ya - I spent tons of time thinking about those darn questions. I will probably be joining this esteemed group soon enough.
P.S. LOVE your avatar!!
Rejected via email. How classy? The email was in my spambox. I guess I'm gonna leave it there.
Rejected via email. How classy? The email was in my spambox. I guess I'm gonna leave it there.
Sorry guys 🙁 One of my flatmates was also rejected today.
I'm still in limbo. Would almost prefer the rejection at this point.
Rejected via email. How classy? The email was in my spambox. I guess I'm gonna leave it there.
My rejection was in my spam mail as well. Not even sure why I checked it today...
out of limbo and into the rejection pile. 😎 Whatevs. Add it to the list.
+1
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey- does your status page change too? I just delete my spam and never check it...haha so I figured I probably just missed the email.
Okay wow - being rejected officially black balls you from even logging in. The first time I tried, I didn't get a status page just a response saying that a final decision has been mailed to me. Of course, I didn't take no for an answer and tried again - this time it says " Sorry, you are not approved to enter this site." Ouch!!
Edit: Apparently other schools aren't any nicer. My "rejection" email from Georgetown (I didn't even finish secondary) says: 2010 Application to Georgetown University School of Medicine (Discard). They're discarding me!! Haha, is this worse than rejecting??
lol. Runningdiva already answered.
Rejected As well! Good luck everybody else! 😀
...was it just me but was the rejection email particularly cold?
"Your application to Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine has been carefully considered by our Committee on Admissions. The Committee has completed its evaluation and is sorry to advise you that we are unable to offer you an interview for the class entering in the fall of 2010."
I mean, it's not meant. It just lacked a certain... "we wish you the best" or "we had a ton of qualified applicants we had to turn away" or "best of luck on your journey to becoming a physician." I dunno, it was just very "sorry, but you're out. bye.".
"Your application to Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine has been carefully considered by our Committee on Admissions. The Committee has completed its evaluation and is sorry to advise you that we are unable to offer you an interview for the class entering in the fall of 2010."
I mean, it's not meant. It just lacked a certain... "we wish you the best" or "we had a ton of qualified applicants we had to turn away" or "best of luck on your journey to becoming a physician." I dunno, it was just very "sorry, but you're out. bye.".
...was it just me but was the rejection email particularly cold?
"Your application to Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine has been carefully considered by our Committee on Admissions. The Committee has completed its evaluation and is sorry to advise you that we are unable to offer you an interview for the class entering in the fall of 2010."
I mean, it's not meant. It just lacked a certain... "we wish you the best" or "we had a ton of qualified applicants we had to turn away" or "best of luck on your journey to becoming a physician." I dunno, it was just very "sorry, but you're out. bye.".
Oh my gosh I thought the same thing! I've read other ones that are well-crafted and seems as if they put some effort into cushioning the blow. The brevity goes well with their messages when you try to log into the status page - so at least they are consistently cold...(then again, if I had chicago weather right about now, I would be cranky too).
I live in the Chicago weather and I'm not nearly as brusque.Oh my gosh I thought the same thing! I've read other ones that are well-crafted and seems as if they put some effort into cushioning the blow. The brevity goes well with their messages when you try to log into the status page - so at least they are consistently cold...(then again, if I had chicago weather right about now, I would be cranky too).
I live in the Chicago weather and I'm not nearly as brusque.
Haha, sorry. Didn't mean to imply that all Chicagoans (is that even correct to say?) are this mean...well then, they are just being a little too sharp for our taste.
I'm just messing 🙂 I agree with you and I definitely wish I were in Cali right now... where they didn't just get 8 inches dumped... and it's above 6 degrees. lolHaha, sorry. Didn't mean to imply that all Chicagoans (is that even correct to say?) are this mean...well then, they are just being a little too sharp for our taste.
I'm just messing 🙂 I agree with you and I definitely wish I were in Cali right now... where they didn't just get 8 inches dumped... and it's above 6 degrees. lol
I figured 😀
Eekkkk! I can't even imagine what that much snow looks like. Sad but true: A bunch of co-workers and I were discussing how cold it was here today. Heaven forbid in CA you can see your breath in the air, at noon!!
I was accepted on 12/26 and have yet to receive any letter in the mail. I was wondering if anyone else had also not received anything in the mail yet, within the same time frame.
I was accepted on 12/26 and have yet to receive any letter in the mail. I was wondering if anyone else had also not received anything in the mail yet, within the same time frame.
Hey Lakerfan38,
I was accepted a little before you (12/17) and have still to receive the letter in the mail. I emailed the office however and they said not to worry since there is no deadline for our reply.
When did you guys interview?
When did you guys interview?
Dr. Yang, Thanks for the quick reply!
Keepthefaith, I interviewed 10/16
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lol. Runningdiva already answered.
Hey MegaProjectile! What are your top choices/accepts? Like you I have been accepted at Tufts so we could be future classmates! 🙂
anybody thinks decisions for 12/4 interviewees will come out this week?
I interviewed 11/30 and still no news. Hopefully soon!
Oh my gosh I thought the same thing! I've read other ones that are well-crafted and seems as if they put some effort into cushioning the blow. The brevity goes well with their messages when you try to log into the status page - so at least they are consistently cold...(then again, if I had chicago weather right about now, I would be cranky too).
It really bothers me when med schools write cold rejections...that after having thousands of people paying good money for a secondary, writing essays, and if applicable paying to fly to whatever city and taking time out to interview, they can't have someone from their office write a kind rejection letter that acknowledges our qualifications and interest.
The letter I got inviting me for an interview at NW said that they pick out a small group to interview out of "our pool of approximately 7,000 applicants". Thats the kinda thing that should go into a rejection letter. Something that says "we got 7000 applicants and unfortunately could only accept a small group of them"
In the end when I pick a school to go to, one of the things I might use to make my decision is the kindness of the people there, so schools should make more of an effort to be courteous to their applicants.
zing! Thanks smmypants 🙂It really bothers me when med schools write cold rejections...that after having thousands of people paying good money for a secondary, writing essays, and if applicable paying to fly to whatever city and taking time out to interview, they can't have someone from their office write a kind rejection letter that acknowledges our qualifications and interest.
The letter I got inviting me for an interview at NW said that they pick out a small group to interview out of "our pool of approximately 7,000 applicants". Thats the kinda thing that should go into a rejection letter. Something that says "we got 7000 applicants and unfortunately could only accept a small group of them"
In the end when I pick a school to go to, one of the things I might use to make my decision is the kindness of the people there, so schools should make more of an effort to be courteous to their applicants.
ACCEPTED!!! via email
interviewed 11/30!!!
interviewed 11/30!!!
Accepted today!! interviewed Dec 11th.
Accepted today!! interviewed Dec 11th.
Is there an accompanying status update?
Is there an accompanying status update?
I got an email and my status page is updated to say I am accepted.
Accepted too! Is there a facebook group for the class of 2014? I couldn't find it...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was told by the admissions office today that the last batch of invites will be sent within the next two weeks. After the end of January, there will be no more invites, because they stop interviewing by mid-Feb. That's exactly how it was told to me.
Interesting. I haven't been rejected yet so we'll see what happens.
Although, at this point I'd assume I'd be interviewing for a waitlist spot even if I get an invite.There were some late invites even up to a few days before the last interview during last year's cycle (check out the old thread)...i think they ended sometime in the February 20's. I'd assume these were from cancellations though.
Eh, I'll give up once I get my rejection letter. Good luck.
At my interview in Jan they told us that its 6-8 weeks to hear from them and at this point its going to be the March deadline.
yep, it says the same thing the email says. You've been deferred til march when we'll make a decision.For those (waitlisted/ decisions differed /etc) post interview, is there an accompanying change to your online status page?
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
