You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Northwestern
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
5ArthurBron5
Full Member
Thank you!!Yes I have! There should be a list of to do items in CAESAR
I don't think the main feinberg need-base aid questionnaire is live yet.Yes I have! There should be a list of to do items in CAESAR
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
is that date just for december admits? since i prob won't get a decision until feb/march that deadline doesn't really make sense lolFor admitted applicants, has anyone applied for institutional financial aid? I saw somewhere that the deadline last year was 1/15 but all I've done is the FAFSA
Yes it is. Lots of schools have different dates for stuff if people are admitted at different times.is that date just for december admits? since i prob won't get a decision until feb/march that deadline doesn't really make sense lol
When is northwestern done sending IIs? Not sure if this has been asked before so sorry if it’s redundant.
Website says early FebruaryWhen is northwestern done sending IIs? Not sure if this has been asked before so sorry if it’s redundant.
chalupalover
Full Member
got an II here yesterday!
storm_caller
Full Member
To admitted students re financial aid: I submitted all of my financial aid documents a few days ago, but only some are showing up marked as received in the portal. Anyone else having this issue? The office isn't picking up...
meowsentry
Full Member
Give them time to process it--it takes time.To admitted students re financial aid: I submitted all of my financial aid documents a few days ago, but only some are showing up marked as received in the portal. Anyone else having this issue? The office isn't picking up...
Update: OOS II today!Anyone’s LOR writer get an email? Mine got this, they’re optimistic, but I’m pretty sure it’s soft launching a rejection.
EllaEnchanted248
Full Member
+1 OOS II earlier today! I submitted the secondary in mid-July and submitted an update 2 weeks ago
storm_caller
Full Member
Anyone know when financial aid packages come out?
Feinberg Second Wave
2020 - February 20th (Thursday)
2021 - February 21st (Friday)
2022 - February 24th (Thursday)
2023 - March 2nd (Thursday)
2024 - February 29th (Thursday)
2025 - February 27th (Thursday)
2026 - ?? (??)
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but this wave is just one day, and you either get accepted or waitlisted (which is a soft R for the most part.).
2020 - February 20th (Thursday)
2021 - February 21st (Friday)
2022 - February 24th (Thursday)
2023 - March 2nd (Thursday)
2024 - February 29th (Thursday)
2025 - February 27th (Thursday)
2026 - ?? (??)
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but this wave is just one day, and you either get accepted or waitlisted (which is a soft R for the most part.).
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
cubsfan2016
Full Member
Based on the trend, I'm thinking we can expect a decision around 2/26-2/27. If they tend to do them Thursday and Friday, I can't imagine they extend it to 3/5-3/6.2026 - ?? (??)
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but this wave is just one day, and you either get accepted or waitlisted (which is a soft R for the most part.).
I think you're right about the WL -> soft R. MSAR says they accept ~10 from WL but I think they over-accept and then hope their yield calculations work based on previous years' data.
I agree with that. See you in a few weeks!Based on the trend, I'm thinking we can expect a decision around 2/26-2/27. If they tend to do them Thursday and Friday, I can't imagine they extend it to 3/5-3/6.
I think you're right about the WL -> soft R. MSAR says they accept ~10 from WL but I think they over-accept and then hope their yield calculations work based on previous years' data.
khrimonkey
New Member
i dont believe so ! at least i havent seen anything yet.is there an accepted students groupme?
khrimonkey
New Member
besides the to-do-list items in CAESER, is there anything else that is needed to be completed for financial aid?
Mrpmeowmrp
New Member
For those that completed the CSS profile, did it make you submit parent info? It seems like Feinberg made it really clear they require parental information for financial aid but it didn't ask me for it on CSS....
cheesefries03
Full Member
how many waves do they usually have?Based on the trend, I'm thinking we can expect a decision around 2/26-2/27. If they tend to do them Thursday and Friday, I can't imagine they extend it to 3/5-3/6.
I think you're right about the WL -> soft R. MSAR says they accept ~10 from WL but I think they over-accept and then hope their yield calculations work based on previous years' data.
cubsfan2016
Full Member
As far as I know, it's just one. A's go out first via phone and then WLs later that day by email.how many waves do they usually have?
chronicallyonhere
Full Member
is northwestern done sending interview invitations?
ObjectiveTiger
Full Member
+ 1 Pre-II R
SilentCavalier
Full Member
+1 bent over by today's massacre
+1 OOS pre-II R 15 minutes ago, complete 07/07, LM 82.90.
pablopicarsehole
Full Member
+1 pre-II R around 7PM CST tonight.
patrickthestar
Full Member
In my interview they told us to expect to hear back in early March, and then again today during the town hall they said early March. But I'm hoping they only said that to be safe and actually do it earlier in February 🤞Feinberg Second Wave
2020 - February 20th (Thursday)
2021 - February 21st (Friday)
2022 - February 24th (Thursday)
2023 - March 2nd (Thursday)
2024 - February 29th (Thursday)
2025 - February 27th (Thursday)
2026 - ?? (??)
Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but this wave is just one day, and you either get accepted or waitlisted (which is a soft R for the most part.).
Based on the trend, I'm thinking we can expect a decision around 2/26-2/27. If they tend to do them Thursday and Friday, I can't imagine they extend it to 3/5-3/6.
I think you're right about the WL -> soft R. MSAR says they accept ~10 from WL but I think they over-accept and then hope their yield calculations work based on previous years' data.
premed-bro
Full Member
Do we think tomorrow is the big day? Or should we hold off until early March
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
targetdreamart
Full Member
what email?Email says decisions expected February 27
Email says decisions expected February 27
Also didn't get said email.what email?
patrickthestar
Full Member
I went back through my emails and couldn't find anything either. Although I noticed in the Feinberg Vitals from Feb 20th, they said, "A small batch of early acceptances are released in December, but most of our slots are not committed until March."
However, in a Feinberg Vitals from the last application cycle (2/14/25), they said, "Most final decisions (acceptances, waitlist, and rejections) are not communicated until the completion of interview season, typically in early March," but then went on to release decisions on Feb 27th. Hopefully that means they'll do the same this year, and tomorrow or even Friday is the day!
However, in a Feinberg Vitals from the last application cycle (2/14/25), they said, "Most final decisions (acceptances, waitlist, and rejections) are not communicated until the completion of interview season, typically in early March," but then went on to release decisions on Feb 27th. Hopefully that means they'll do the same this year, and tomorrow or even Friday is the day!
asdfghj123
New Member
The email was from the MSTP saying to expect decisions by February 27th. Not sure if it was applicable to MD-only or not.
premed-bro
Full Member
Decisions might come out tomorrow then
premed-bro
Full Member
MSTP got decisions according to admit. Regular MD did notanything?
storm_caller
Full Member
Do any accepted students know when we sign up for first look? Don't think I've gotten any information about it.
premedfly9
Full Member
OOS A!!!!!!
+1 OOS Waistlist
+1 OOS waitlist. kinda soul crushing but life goes on! is it worth it to write a letter of interest or is this just a soft R?
premed-bro
Full Member
Same brother+1 OOS Waistlist
I was jogging for the hour that calls were going out, way longer than usual, and it helped me feel alive and not as disappointed as I had imagined when I checked my phone to see I was waitlisted. This was my number one choice out of the 45 schools I applied to, but I guess it wasn’t meant to be! Good luck everyone wherever you end up 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
patrickthestar
Full Member
+1 OOS waitlist again 😭. If I remember right, there was basically no WL movement last year but I don't think it would hurt to write one. Might as well shoot your shot!+1 OOS waitlist. kinda soul crushing but life goes on! is it worth it to write a letter of interest or is this just a soft R?
patrickthestar
Full Member
For WL peeps this was posted in last year's thread:
- 2021–2022: Reportedly no WL movement due to overenrollment
- 2022–2023: One A reported 5/30/2023
- 2023–2024: Some A’s reported 5/8/2024 (around 5 PM CT)
is there an accepted student groupme for feinberg?
InterviewHarvesterReborn
No interviews left behind
+1 OOS A. 03/03/206
yogurtparfait
Full Member
Is there any merit to sending a letter of intent after being waitlisted at a school, and is there any way to meaningfully communicate interest or add to your application/make it stand out on the waitlist?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K