You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2009-2010 University of Central Florida (UCF) Application Thread
Started by shemarty
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I didn't get a phone call update... I hope that's not a bad sign 🙁
I don't think it's a bad sign. I just think it means we have to wait to see what happens.
At least May 15th just about here (6 hours). Here's hoping to good news soon!
To all the those on the list, let's keep are chins up!
Yep, bottom 1/2 of the upper 1/3 as of a few weeks ago and based on where I was when the first update went out I must be at the very bottom. I can't imagine 79 people ahead of me not wanting to go and me moving up all that way...guess I just gotta keep my fingers crossed.That's great news, kjsmith127! Hoping to hear something here soon, as well (although haven't received a phone call like you). Bottom half of upper 1/3 here.
It has been a long and tough process but it'll all be worth it in the end.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yep, bottom 1/2 of the upper 1/3 as of a few weeks ago and based on where I was when the first update went out I must be at the very bottom. I can't imagine 79 people ahead of me not wanting to go and me moving up all that way...guess I just gotta keep my fingers crossed.
Fingers crossed here, as well. Not sure how it works but I am thinking that there may be some who are above us on the list who got/are getting accepted somewhere else and may withdraw their waitlist spot. Not sure.
I started off in the upper half of middle 1/3 back in October. The end of April update stated I was in the bottom half of upper 1/3. Where did you start off (if that's cool)?
I am in the exact same spot. Upper half of middle 1/3 a little after October and got bottom half of upper 1/3 in apirl. REL mentioned that he thought that the upper half of the middle 1/3 might have a shot at it this year, so being in the top 1/3 should be a good place to be. However, I'm not familiar with the amount of waitlist movement that typically goes on and UCF doesn't have a long history to pull that info from. Just gotta hope there's some MAJOR movement next week!Fingers crossed here, as well. Not sure how it works but I am thinking that there may be some who are above us on the list who got/are getting accepted somewhere else and may withdraw their waitlist spot. Not sure.
I started off in the upper half of middle 1/3 back in October. The end of April update stated I was in the bottom half of upper 1/3. Where did you start off (if that's cool)?
I am in the exact same spot. Upper half of middle 1/3 a little after October and got bottom half of upper 1/3 in apirl. REL mentioned that he thought that the upper half of the middle 1/3 might have a shot at it this year, so being in the top 1/3 should be a good place to be. However, I'm not familiar with the amount of waitlist movement that typically goes on and UCF doesn't have a long history to pull that info from. Just gotta hope there's some MAJOR movement next week!
I agree that it is tough to predict and I've been racking my brain over different scenarios. Lol. In my update it stated the position was a strong one. As I mentioned, I would think a least some people above us on the list may withdraw due to having another acceptance? Not sure. Really just hoping for the best. You think movement/calls will be made next week?
REL mentioned that he thought that the upper half of the middle 1/3 might have a shot at it this year, so being in the top 1/3 should be a good place to be.
That gives me some hope! 🙂 I've been in the upper half of the middle third for several months.
In my update it stated the position was a strong one.
That's what it said in my update too but I wasn't sure if everyone got that in their update.
I guess we'll know more this week and next week.Im applying for the 2010-2011 cycle. Would any matriculants/ applicants mind posting their MCAT and gpas??
This is like asking a woman her weight, you just don't do it.
I apologize, I did not mean to offend anyone. I was just looking to compare myself, to see if I could be a competitive applicant. 🙂
waiting, waiting...
Just got the call from REL at 1:14pm!!! Wohoo! Cannot believe I actually am getting off waitlists, FINALLY! 😍😀
I just got in too!!!! so exciting!!!!! 😍😍😍 I loved UCF at the interview and I can't wait to go back!
for those still waiting REL said there was a lot of movement this past weekend so GOOD LUCK!
for those still waiting REL said there was a lot of movement this past weekend so GOOD LUCK!
I just got in too!!!! so exciting!!!!! 😍😍😍 I loved UCF at the interview and I can't wait to go back!
for those still waiting REL said there was a lot of movement this past weekend so GOOD LUCK!
Congrats, nuttynut! Hope I'm next. By "movement" do you mean people withdrew?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats, nuttynut! Hope I'm next. By "movement" do you mean people withdrew?
Hmm i"m pretty sure he meant people withdrew because of the May 15th deadline! Good luck to you!
Just got the call from REL at 1:14pm!!! Wohoo! Cannot believe I actually am getting off waitlists, FINALLY! 😍😀
Congrats kjsmith! are you gonna go to UCF?
Hmm i"m pretty sure he meant people withdrew because of the May 15th deadline! Good luck to you!
Thanks, nuttynut! Really hoping for some good news soon. The waiting is the rough part.
Hopeful that the bottom 1/2 of the upper 1/3 has a shot?! As well as others on the list, too.
Just got the call from REL at 1:14pm!!! Wohoo! Cannot believe I actually am getting off waitlists, FINALLY! 😍😀
Awesome, kjsmith127! That's great news!
Seriously? I thought you were UCF til death...Withdrew this weekend. Glad to see some of you are getting calls. Good luck to the rest of you!
Sorry, Faith--I'm gonna miss ya, girl! Best of luck this summer and at school.
If you don't mind me asking, where did you choose instead? Can I have your spot?
Seriously? I thought you were UCF til death...
If you don't mind me asking, where did you choose instead? Can I have your spot?
I thought I was going to UCF also, but after much struggle have elected to attend Tulane. It was a VERY tough decision, but we have family there and will need all the help we can get with kiddos and the like. I know you all will have a GREAT time at UCF--what an awesome school. I'm bummed I won't get to meet you all! Perhaps our paths will cross in the future!
I thought I was going to UCF also, but after much struggle have elected to attend Tulane. It was a VERY tough decision, but we have family there and will need all the help we can get with kiddos and the like. I know you all will have a GREAT time at UCF--what an awesome school. I'm bummed I won't get to meet you all! Perhaps our paths will cross in the future!
Thanks! Hopefully that will open up a spot for my friend! 👍
Hang in there cgc217. Hopefully we will hear good news soon.
Congrats to those recently accepted!
Congrats to those recently accepted!
Hoping and praying for a call today or sometime this week...just got to wait it out a bit more.
Hang in there cgc217. Hopefully we will hear good news soon.
Congrats to those recently accepted!
Thanks! Hoping for the best! You hang in there, as well!
Awesome, kjsmith127! That's great news!
congrats!
Thank you both! Heading up to UCF for another look this Thursday, can't wait! 😀
Thank you both! Heading up to UCF for another look this Thursday, can't wait! 😀
Cool! Have a great time!
Thank you both! Heading up to UCF for another look this Thursday, can't wait! 😀
Hey! I just got in a couple weeks ago too off the wait list and I am heading up to UCF tomorrow as well to look around and turn in some forms-- can you let me know what you have scheduled with the admissions committee for second look so maybe I can join??
Would really appreciate it and would be nice to meet a fellow classmate!
thanks,
Divya
Hey! I just got in a couple weeks ago too off the wait list and I am heading up to UCF tomorrow as well to look around and turn in some forms-- can you let me know what you have scheduled with the admissions committee for second look so maybe I can join??
Would really appreciate it and would be nice to meet a fellow classmate!
thanks,
Divya
Hey! I would call Mr. Larkin so he is expecting you as well. But he told me 9:30 tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll see you there!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone, I was just randomly looking at the USMLE site (www.usmle.org) and I was a bit concerned with one of the eligibility requirements. The main one was this:
"a medical student officially enrolled in, or a graduate of, a US or Canadian medical school program leading to the MD degree that is accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)." I spoke with REL a while back about being able to sit for the exam and was reassured that we would be able to take each USMLE at the same time as students attending accredited schools. I never really looked into after that until now, but this statement kinda threw me off. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks and congrats to the recently accepted students!
"a medical student officially enrolled in, or a graduate of, a US or Canadian medical school program leading to the MD degree that is accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)." I spoke with REL a while back about being able to sit for the exam and was reassured that we would be able to take each USMLE at the same time as students attending accredited schools. I never really looked into after that until now, but this statement kinda threw me off. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks and congrats to the recently accepted students!
Hey everyone, I was just randomly looking at the USMLE site (www.usmle.org) and I was a bit concerned with one of the eligibility requirements. The main one was this:
"a medical student officially enrolled in, or a graduate of, a US or Canadian medical school program leading to the MD degree that is accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)." I spoke with REL a while back about being able to sit for the exam and was reassured that we would be able to take each USMLE at the same time as students attending accredited schools. I never really looked into after that until now, but this statement kinda threw me off. Does anyone have any thoughts? Thanks and congrats to the recently accepted students!
And the good news here is that UCF is accredited by the LCME. So you do have access to the USMLE exams as well as the shelfs as you proceed through our curriculum. The USMLE provided us with their basic science exam that the charter class has taken twice already, with the third exam next week. It's a great exam to give confidence to the student and the faculty to ensure that all is on track. I appreciate your research.
Hey! I would call Mr. Larkin so he is expecting you as well. But he told me 9:30 tomorrow morning. Hopefully, I'll see you there!
How was your visit?
How was your visit?
My visit was fantastic! REL took another accepted student and myself to the new building and it was unbelievable. We were lucky enough to see it before the M1 students now because they are going down there Monday.
Highlights of the tour: everything! LOL. The anatomy lab is pristine, we have 22 dissecting tables, each with a flat-touchscreen TV (at least 40in.) and overlook the natural preserve behind the school. I have never seen anything like that any other florida school and I have been to all but one florida MD school, but I'm sure they do not have windows in their anatomy lab either.
The M1 lecture hall seats 180 and all come equipped with all the technology outlets you could ever need. So, we will be very comfy with a 60 student class.
There is an area on the first floor where they will be selling beverages and food.
The student lounge area is spacious and equipped with a kitchen and the only terrace in the building.
We have a recreation room where we can get a quick workout and there are locker rooms with showers too. The only thing missing are beds, but I have a suspicion they are somewhere in a hidden corridor.
The standardized patient exam rooms are fabulous and there are 12 if I remember correctly.
After we got back to the temporary building on Research Pkwy, REL showed us some youtube videos of the current students performing a skit night and we have a good laugh. Then we were able to spend a few minutes with some current students eating lunch/studying for their exam on Monday. The students seemed down to earth, friendly and already very close to one another. I really cannot wait to join the UCF family!
There is much much more but I could go on and on. Hopefully you all will get to see it soon!! Good luck to everyone else on the waitlist and I'll see the rest of the class in August, maybe sooner! 😀
Last edited:
does anyone know if the second class will get laptops like the charter class?
does anyone know if the second class will get laptops like the charter class?
You will be provided a laptop and an iTouch for academic resources.
For those accepted,
I searched for a UCF c/o 2014 class thread under the allopathic forum and did not see one. Also searched this thread. Was there one created yet that I cannot seem to find? If not, I'll start it 😀
I searched for a UCF c/o 2014 class thread under the allopathic forum and did not see one. Also searched this thread. Was there one created yet that I cannot seem to find? If not, I'll start it 😀
Just got the call a few minutes ago, my first acceptance so I am elated. The email update from REL I got in april said I was in the lower half of the upper third so there has def been a good bit of movement. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. No more checking SDN 10923120 times a day waiting for some sort of news : ) now I can really just enjoy the summer.
Just got the call a few minutes ago, my first acceptance so I am elated. The email update from REL I got in april said I was in the lower half of the upper third so there has def been a good bit of movement. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. No more checking SDN 10923120 times a day waiting for some sort of news : ) now I can really just enjoy the summer.
Awesome and congrats!! In the same position on the list! Hope to hear good news on this end soon.
Congrats! I'm glad to hear it. I'm in the same section of the list so this has really given me some hope 😀Just got the call a few minutes ago, my first acceptance so I am elated. The email update from REL I got in april said I was in the lower half of the upper third so there has def been a good bit of movement. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. No more checking SDN 10923120 times a day waiting for some sort of news : ) now I can really just enjoy the summer.
For those accepted,
I searched for a UCF c/o 2014 class thread under the allopathic forum and did not see one. Also searched this thread. Was there one created yet that I cannot seem to find? If not, I'll start it 😀
so is there another thread?
Just got the call a few minutes ago, my first acceptance so I am elated. The email update from REL I got in april said I was in the lower half of the upper third so there has def been a good bit of movement. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. No more checking SDN 10923120 times a day waiting for some sort of news : ) now I can really just enjoy the summer.
Congrats! 🙂 I'm excited that there's some movement and that it's moving past the upper half of the first third

Just got the call a few minutes ago, my first acceptance so I am elated. The email update from REL I got in april said I was in the lower half of the upper third so there has def been a good bit of movement. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. No more checking SDN 10923120 times a day waiting for some sort of news : ) now I can really just enjoy the summer.
Congrats! I'm sure you are so relieved!! See you in August 😀
Congrats! Just out of curiosity, are you in state or out of state?
Just got the call a few minutes ago, my first acceptance so I am elated. The email update from REL I got in april said I was in the lower half of the upper third so there has def been a good bit of movement. Good luck to everyone who is waiting. No more checking SDN 10923120 times a day waiting for some sort of news : ) now I can really just enjoy the summer.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
instate
In-state here, as well.
Congrats! 🙂 I'm excited that there's some movement and that it's moving past the upper half of the first third![]()
I agree. Excited here, too. There's still a chance.
Just made a thread for those of us accepted under allopathic schools since I was unable to find one through the search tool! I'm sure all you SDNers still on the waitlist will be apart of the family soon!! Here is the link:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=731358
We need to have more posts than the other schools so get to it! 😀
Enjoy!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=731358
We need to have more posts than the other schools so get to it! 😀
Enjoy!
I haven't been accepted, still waitlisted... but I was wondering, what is going to happen to the current/temporary UCF med school (the one in Research Park)? Is that still going to be part of the med school?
That's a good question. Not sure. I'm guessing all whole Research Park facilities will move over to the Lake Nona campus?
On the waitlist here, too. Hang in there!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K