2009-2010 University of Central Florida (UCF) Application Thread

Started by shemarty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yo cgc217, you get accepted yet? You need to get on that so I can have the spot behind you.

Anyone else hear anything yet? I thought I would see all kinds of ppl get acceptances these past few weeks and I'm not seeing nearly as many posts as I hoped. Think REL will send out another update sometime soon on our list status?
 
Yo cgc217, you get accepted yet? You need to get on that so I can have the spot behind you.

Anyone else hear anything yet? I thought I would see all kinds of ppl get acceptances these past few weeks and I'm not seeing nearly as many posts as I hoped. Think REL will send out another update sometime soon on our list status?

No news yet. Still on the list but hopeful. Good question...anyone hear anything?
 
Around 2 weeks ago REL contacted me about my status. It was my 6 week update. He said I had a very good chance and from what it sounds like, I was left pretty high on the list following the May 15 movement . It does seem like there hasn't been much movement lately, but I am still hopeful. I am on the upper third of the upper one half. Instate also.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No news as of yet on this end. Anyone else?
Got a June update saying they've filled 60 spots of the 240 and waitlist movement has slowed way down. It says I'm in the top 20 now, but I can't imagine we'll see too much more movement. Kind of depressing 🙁. I really want to hang in there until class starts but I real need to start looking for housing at my other choice, blah.
 
Hoping for the best here, too. Just got to keep-on-keeping on and wait to see how it plays out...

Got a June update saying they've filled 60 spots of the 240 and waitlist movement has slowed way down. It says I'm in the top 20 now, but I can't imagine we'll see too much more movement. Kind of depressing 🙁. I really want to hang in there until class starts but I real need to start looking for housing at my other choice, blah.
 
Got a June update saying they've filled 60 spots of the 240 and waitlist movement has slowed way down. It says I'm in the top 20 now, but I can't imagine we'll see too much more movement. Kind of depressing 🙁. I really want to hang in there until class starts but I real need to start looking for housing at my other choice, blah.

Yeah, it is depressing that there is little movement right now. But at least you have another choice, congrats 🙂
 
Got a June update saying they've filled 60 spots of the 240 and waitlist movement has slowed way down. It says I'm in the top 20 now, but I can't imagine we'll see too much more movement. Kind of depressing 🙁. I really want to hang in there until class starts but I real need to start looking for housing at my other choice, blah.

Yeah I got the same message... I agree with you 100% it's getting a bit late to make arrangements to attend this school. Fortunately we have other options
 
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know I just got accepted yesterday!!! I am so incredibly excited! I also got the top 20 wait list e-mail. Keep the faith guys, it can still happen!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know I just got accepted yesterday!!! I am so incredibly excited! I also got the top 20 wait list e-mail. Keep the faith guys, it can still happen!
Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, did you have any other acceptances to fall back on? If not, that's really incredible!
 
Hey guys,

Did UCF release any information on what hospital they were to call there own? Will there be a University affiliated institution for UCF medical students to rotate at? Does anyone know what part Orlando Regional Medical Center will take in the future of clinical education for Medical students at UCF? and will it be the University-affiliated institution? Thanks
 
Great question, PolarBear04. There are two hospitals, I believe, that will make up the "Medical City at Lake Nona." One is the children's hospital and another one is the VA hospital. These two will open up in I think 2012?

Also, during our interview tour we got to visit Celebration Health. It was awesome!

You can get more info, at the UCF COM website in regards to the hospitals.

Hope this helps! And good luck!

-Cgc217

Hey guys,

Did UCF release any information on what hospital they were to call there own? Will there be a University affiliated institution for UCF medical students to rotate at? Does anyone know what part Orlando Regional Medical Center will take in the future of clinical education for Medical students at UCF? and will it be the University-affiliated institution? Thanks
 
Great question, PolarBear04. There are two hospitals, I believe, that will make up the "Medical City at Lake Nona." One is the children's hospital and another one is the VA hospital. These two will open up in I think 2012?

Also, during our interview tour we got to visit Celebration Health. It was awesome!

You can get more info, at the UCF COM website in regards to the hospitals.

Hope this helps! And good luck!

-Cgc217

UCF is affiliated with two major hospital groups in Orlando, Orlando Health and Celebration Health. The two groups total 15 Orlando-area hospitals of about 115 beds to several hundred beds. Third year clerkships will be done at the major ~6 hospital complex in downtown Orlando --- Winnie Palmer, Arnold Palmer, Celebration Health, and Orlando Health; most have been teaching med school clerkships already, and all have supported electives for USF, UF, and FSU students for many, many years. The MD Anderson Cancer research portion of the downtown hospital plans to move to Lake Nona soon and will temporarily reside on the top floor of the UCF Burnett School of Biomedical Sciences immediately adjacent to the COM. The Nemours Children's Hospital and the VA Hospital at Lake Nona are the initial two clinical complexes underway at Lake Nona. To follow will be more clinical training partners, research partners, retail, housing, and grade schools for the booming new population that will be Lake Nona. Several residencies also already exist in the OH and CH hospitals with the VA to bring ~75 more positions alone.
 
Accepted!!! :laugh:
Got the phone call yesterday and am SO excited! Exactly 1 year minus 4 days after I first submitted my amcas, wow it's been a long haul. There's still hope, good luck to you guys!

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to let you know I just got accepted yesterday!!! I am so incredibly excited! I also got the top 20 wait list e-mail. Keep the faith guys, it can still happen!
 
Accepted!!! :laugh:
Got the phone call yesterday and am SO excited! Exactly 1 year minus 4 days after I first submitted my amcas, wow it's been a long haul. There's still hope, good luck to you guys!

Congrats, smile2! That's awesome! Hoping that I'm next.
 
congrats smile! ur gonna love it at ucf, especially with the curriculum they have set up over there. one of the best

glad to see that the waitlist is moving. gluck to every1! :luck:
 
congrats smile! ur gonna love it at ucf, especially with the curriculum they have set up over there. one of the best

glad to see that the waitlist is moving. gluck to every1! :luck:

I agree, SamDaManMD. Great curriculum! Good luck to you, as well!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey guys!
i haven't posted on here before, but i also received the same email about being in the top 20. so close, but yet so far! haha. im staying positive and hoping that we all find out soon! everyday i hope to get that call!! :xf:
 
hey guys!
i haven't posted on here before, but i also received the same email about being in the top 20. so close, but yet so far! haha. im staying positive and hoping that we all find out soon! everyday i hope to get that call!! :xf:

Hi, lady sov! Welcome! In the same spot. Waiting excitedly for that call, too. Hoping for the best here. Good luck and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and in my prayers! :xf:
 
I really hope that those on the waitlist who have other acceptances and are satisfied with them will withdraw.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Because I've heard of people staying on the waitlist but planning on attending other schools. But you're right it doesn't matter as much. Sigh... it's just so nerve-racking.


It's a very nerve-wracking process, I agree. All that can be done at this point is to hope for the best for this year. Regardless, we have come this far this cycle and that just means that we are that much closer come next cycle if things don't pan out this time around.

We just got to hang in there...
 
Hey, guys:

Anyone hear any news as of late besides the update that was sent this week (I believe on Tuesday)?

Hang in there!

-Cgc217
 
Got my townhouse in Gainesville. Looks like I'll be headed to UF. Hopefully that will open up a spot for ya cgc217 if there happens to be some movement.
 
Got my townhouse in Gainesville. Looks like I'll be headed to UF. Hopefully that will open up a spot for ya cgc217 if there happens to be some movement.

Hey, man. Good luck at UF! Yeah...hopefully there will be some movement in these last weeks. Anything is possible. Fingers crossed. :xf:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.