2009-2010 University of Chicago (Pritzker) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got rejected too.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got an interview invite, first one! August 31, coming up fast!

Members don't see this ad :)
is that first ii for UC on here?

Oh wow, what a quick turn-around... I'm only waiting on my Committee Letter for my file to be complete...and now I'm nervous. Yikes. :xf:

Oh wow, what a quick turn-around... I'm only waiting on my Committee Letter for my file to be complete...and now I'm nervous. Yikes. :xf:

19 hour turnaround from the email that I was complete to the interview invite.
It was fast, can't complain about that.

do they read LORs before deciding to send an interview invite?

Members don't see this ad :)
I was complete about a week before you, and still haven't heard anything.

hmmm...that's interesting...well good luck to you! i wonder what my chance of getting an interview is after the next look at my app? i'm not too familiar with the hold status, but chances probably aren't so good...i guess i'll find out in december!

Congrats redwinger47! Did you receive the interview invite via email?

For those who have been placed on hold or rejected, did you get this in an email or did you check and find it on the Application Status page?

first rejection (no email, status page). stings a little bit.

Hold status till December. Found out via status page.

on hold
found out at the status page...wouldn't have even looked if i hadn't been creeping around this thread earlier today!

Congrats redwinger47! Did you receive the interview invite via email?

For those who have been placed on hold or rejected, did you get this in an email or did you check and find it on the Application Status page?

I got an email.

wow this secondary is taking me forever...

At least there's a bit comfort in knowing that we are all suffering together:p

So the status page for Pritzker shows that they received my AMCAS primary and MCAT, but says they have not received my LORs. I already assigned letters to Pritzker before I even submitted so I thought they would receive them all at the same time. I'm assuming they just download LORs in bunches or something? Has anyone else had this problem? Thanks!

I just checked the status of mine. They received everything except the payment (made the payment at around 5am CST this morning). The status page says that they have received my LORs, and it's only been 9 or so hours since I submitted. Maybe you should call them?

wow this secondary is taking me forever...

At least there's a bit comfort in knowing that we are all suffering together:p

Seriously I'm still writing it...the question is too open ended lol

Hmm~ I wonder if these decisions are made like once a week. (probably?) Has anyone seen their status change since yesterday when everyone posted a bunch of statuses?

Whoa, I am still spending forever on my essays. Most people here seem pretty quick about turning stuff in.

Whoa, I am still spending forever on my essays. Most people here seem pretty quick about turning stuff in.

At this point I would continue to work at your own pace. Even if it takes you a bit longer to do these essays, you're still quite early in the game. Don't risk undercutting the quality of your essays so you could get it in a bit faster.

At this point I would continue to work at your own pace. Even if it takes you a bit longer to do these essays, you're still quite early in the game. Don't risk undercutting the quality of your essays so you could get it in a bit faster.

Yeah, I've been spending forever on the Chicago essay. Mainly because I've also submitted 10 others secondaries within the last 2.5 weeks lol. I'd rather go a week over the "two week rule" and make sure it's good that submit it rushed. I'm paying way too much money for these secondaries to waste my chances.

Yeah, I've been spending forever on the Chicago essay. Mainly because I've also submitted 10 others secondaries within the last 2.5 weeks lol. I'd rather go a week over the "two week rule" and make sure it's good that submit it rushed. I'm paying way too much money for these secondaries to waste my chances.

agreed...the secondaries have been turning my brain into mush

for the challenging situation essay, I basically talked about a dying family member and its effect on my family. I was just trying to find a way to help, but since I was just a high schooler at the time, I didn't know what to do. Ultimately I was able to figure out a way to help out with the situation.

do you think this would fly for this essay (and any other essays that ask about "challenging situations")?

for the challenging situation essay, I basically talked about a dying family member and its effect on my family. I was just trying to find a way to help, but since I was just a high schooler at the time, I didn't know what to do. Ultimately I was able to figure out a way to help out with the situation.

do you think this would fly for this essay (and any other essays that ask about "challenging situations")?

Sounds pretty challenging. should definitely work :thumbup:

Mine was about death, too. I'm sure it'll be fine. It's certainly a challenging situation.

I also discussed losing some family members during college as my "challenging situation." I don't really think it matters what you pick, so long as it truly is a challenging situation and you show your coping mechanisms and thought processes... just my two cents

I was complete here this morning. I didn't receive any info about a status page....

I hate that they sent out a wave of interview decisions a few days ago and haven't sent anyone else anything since then. I'm dying to know whether or not I'm getting an interview!

I just got the e-mail confirmation that my application is complete. Did anyone else think it was random that at the bottom of the e-mail Pritzker invited us to follow them on twitter?

I just got the e-mail confirmation that my application is complete. Did anyone else think it was random that at the bottom of the e-mail Pritzker invited us to follow them on twitter?

lol, yes, I just got that email too. I did check out their twitter site, but just for fun, I don't think I'll ever look at it again. I already check my UChicago status online way too often. :)

I also discussed losing some family members during college as my "challenging situation." I don't really think it matters what you pick, so long as it truly is a challenging situation and you show your coping mechanisms and thought processes... just my two cents

I wonder if they're going to get a ton of really morbid essays on that prompt.

I was debating writing about losing a friend at VT or when my dad fell off a ladder and was completely dependent on me while he healed. Maybe I'll write about my dad though because he's ok now and it'll be a little less depressing for both me and the adcoms

Yeah, I was a bit hesitant about writing the death thing, as I didn't want to turn them off to my application by being overly morbid or dramatic. Ultimately I like the way it turned out and I made sure to make it very personal, but not incredibly depressing.

I hate that they sent out a wave of interview decisions a few days ago and haven't sent anyone else anything since then. I'm dying to know whether or not I'm getting an interview!

I feel ya bro.

Last edited:
How did you all insert your essays? The spaces between my paragraphs are missing. I wrote mine in Word, saved it as an .rtf, and it didn't work. I even tried writing directly into the text box, and the spaces between paragraphs are still missing! :confused:

How did you all insert your essays? The spaces between my paragraphs are missing. I wrote mine in Word, saved it as an .rtf, and it didn't work. I even tried writing directly into the text box, and the spaces between paragraphs are still missing! :confused:

You're screwed.

Just kidding. I think that's just how it's displayed for us when we preview the application. I think that they will receive it with the formatting intact.

Secondary invite: 6/25/09
AMCAS verified: 7/7/09
Secondary submitted: 7/11/09
Complete: 7/13/09
Interview invite: 7/20/09

WAHOO! My first interview! I'm wicked impressed by the turnaround time on the application. I submitted everything Georgetown about a week ago and my application is STILL not complete.

Good luck everyone! Keep on keepin' on!

Secondary invite: 6/25/09
AMCAS verified: 7/7/09
Secondary submitted: 7/11/09
Complete: 7/13/09
Interview invite: 7/20/09

WAHOO! My first interview! I'm wicked impressed by the turnaround time on the application. I submitted everything Georgetown about a week ago and my application is STILL not complete.

Good luck everyone! Keep on keepin' on!

Congrats! That's exciting!!! If you don't mind me asking...were your stats close to the average or above or below?

Congrats! That's exciting!!! If you don't mind me asking...were your stats close to the average or above or below?

I'm not quite sure which averages you're talking about (MSAR?), but here are my stats:

Overall GPA: 3.810
Science GPA: 3.842
MCAT: PS 14, VR 11, BS, 12, WS P (37P total)

You can also check out my mdapps if you're interested: http://mdapplicants.com/viewprofile.php?myid=16668

Status
Not open for further replies.