2010-2011 Albert Einstein College of Medicine Application Thread

Started by ksmi117
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Submitted 8/16. Still not complete. Anybody else still waiting from a similar secondary submission date? 4+ weeks to be marked complete seems a little excessive to me...
 
i submitted my secondary on 8/11 and am still waiting to be complete...think we just need to be patient
 
Submitted 8/16. Still not complete. Anybody else still waiting from a similar secondary submission date? 4+ weeks to be marked complete seems a little excessive to me...

Yep, I submitted on the same date and still not complete
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I submitted the first day this secondary came out which was end of June and was JUST marked complete.... so hold tight guys
 
submitted secondary on 7/28
LORs uploaded 9/8
complete email on 9/16.

Fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone!:xf:
 
tomh98, what do you mean your LORs were uploaded...weren't they on your AMCAS thanks

You are correct... my letters were uploaded to AMCAS quite late (my boss was dragging his feet about writing it because our lab just moved to the U of Washington so he's been buried in paperwork... ugh).

I'm surprised to have gotten the complete email so soon after my LORs were available on AMCAS.

submitted secondary on 7/28
LORs uploaded (to AMCAS) 9/8
complete email on 9/16.

Fingers crossed!

Good luck everyone!
 
For those of you that have recently gotten interviews: what's the earliest interview date that's available? Trying to gauge how many interview spots they've filled up already.

Thanks!
 
I'm trying to figure out how to get around NYC with subway and train to/from the airport. if you're familiar, please PM me asap

thanks
 
Can somebody post what is said in the complete email? I got a short email simply saying that I had successfully completed the secondary. I don't think I'm complete.
 
Can somebody post what is said in the complete email? I got a short email simply saying that I had successfully completed the secondary. I don't think I'm complete.

We are happy to inform you that your application to the Albert Einstein College of Medicine is complete, and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee.

If you have applied to the combined M.D./Ph.D. Program, you will be contacted directly by that Office. Please keep in mind that the deadline for completion of the M.D./Ph.D. application for the 2011 entering class is December 1.

If your application is favorably reviewed during a preliminary screening, you will be invited for an interview via email. We would appreciate your not calling the office to ascertain the disposition of your folder.

We thank you again for your interest in the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, and wish you much success.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So does anyone know anything about the area around AECOM? I don't know much about the Bronx, other than the stereotypes (aaah the ghetto!, etc).

Got my interview invite last Monday! :woot: Complete 8/30 but submitted like a year before that probably 🙄...these guys are pretty slow.
 
Maybe someone already asked this... but is the status website supposed to show that your letters are received? My has said " Secondary Application Received" for quite a while and nothing else.
 
Mine says Preliminary Screening Completed for a week now. I noticed that other people whose app said this got interview fairly soon, so if you don't get it right away, is that a hold or rejection?
 
Mine says Preliminary Screening Completed for a week now. I noticed that other people whose app said this got interview fairly soon, so if you don't get it right away, is that a hold or rejection?

not sure boggs. i've had that status for awhile, i assume under a hold. no interview invite yet. haha you're good though man don't you have a bunch of interview invites already?
 
Yea, on my mdapps profile....but I know people with six interviews and six rejects and waitlists....so I'm not resting until I have an official acceptance. I don't know how I come off in interviews (been at my job for like six years, so haven't done too many of those).
 
Hi all,

My application was completed on 8/26, but I haven't been checking my my status until... today. It says "Status: About to change." Any "guesses" what this entails?
 
Interview invite yesterday! Complete for about a month. Their first available date is now mid January. They started interviewing really early, so I guess this is one of those schools were it pays to submit and be complete early on as well. Good luck everyone!!

As far as their crazy statuses; mine still says "Preliminary Review Complete" - My rec is to ignore those altogether.
 
Interview invite this morning! Really excited!!

First dates now mid January as the poster above indicated.
 
so I know some people are stuck in the "preliminary screening completed" status, but is anyone willing to share that they got R'd after getting this status?
Sounds like everyone is on hold or has been offered an interview.
 
So I've had the "preliminary screening completed" for a while now and just checked my status a bit ago to find that it hadn't changed. I had started to lose hope for AECOM but then not 3 minutes later after I checked online did I receive an invite!! Invites are starting mid January now and my status is still the same online.
 
So I've had the "preliminary screening completed" for a while now and just checked my status a bit ago to find that it hadn't changed. I had started to lose hope for AECOM but then not 3 minutes later after I checked online did I receive an invite!! Invites are starting mid January now and my status is still the same online.


I've had the same status for awhile. Not sure what to make of it. Hopefully it'll end up as an interview.
 
thanks for your responses! very encouraging... kind of. Was anyone unfortunate to get rejected after getting this status?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so I know some people are stuck in the "preliminary screening completed" status, but is anyone willing to share that they got R'd after getting this status?
Sounds like everyone is on hold or has been offered an interview.


mine still says "Secondary application received", I completed on 8/17. is that a silent rejection?
 
i was complete 8/27 and JUST GOT THE INTERVIEW INVITE TODAY! yay!!! =D

the earliest date was 1/18 and from the sound of it, they do interviews monday through friday?...(the invite page said to email them some available dates, with the exception of weekends)

for people who've been there or for students: is there a day of the week when it would be best to visit because of interesting classes or activities? or are they all the same?
 
It seems like people at this point either got the invitation or got the infamous " preliminary screening completed."
Have you heard of any rejections for far? or no interview is pretty much a rejection?
 
It seems like people at this point either got the invitation or got the infamous " preliminary screening completed."
Have you heard of any rejections for far? or no interview is pretty much a rejection?

Those aren't mutually exclusive, though: I was on "preliminary screening completed" status for two or three weeks and then got my invite yesterday!
 
Whats the longest someone has been on hold with this "preliminary screening completed" status? Has it been ~2-3 weeks for everyone so far, and no one has been rejected since getting it? Mine just changed to this today and I'm wondering if I'm about to be a very happy person 😀
 
Whats the longest someone has been on hold with this "preliminary screening completed" status? Has it been ~2-3 weeks for everyone so far, and no one has been rejected since getting it? Mine just changed to this today and I'm wondering if I'm about to be a very happy person 😀

All I can tell you is that it takes about a month from the time you get the complete email to the time you get an invitation for interview. Ignore the status that they report. They do not make sense and no one knows what they really mean.
 
Congrats chickpea9. Yeah I guess I will wait and see... Seems like they don't give rejections, they just keep you waiting until they finish their interview quota.
 
It seems like people at this point either got the invitation or got the infamous " preliminary screening completed."
Have you heard of any rejections for far? or no interview is pretty much a rejection?

not sure if that's true. i've had the message for awhile i believe. not 100% sure how long i've had it, but i don't think it's true.
 
Me too, since 8/26.
I have been at secondary application received for well over a month now, as I submitted my secondary on the 16th of August. I called the school, and the lady informed me that they simply haven't gotten to applications submitted at this time yet. By the way the interviews are going, I wonder if they ever will.
 
I have been at secondary application received for well over a month now, as I submitted my secondary on the 16th of August. I called the school, and the lady informed me that they simply haven't gotten to applications submitted at this time yet. By the way the interviews are going, I wonder if they ever will.

Flatscaster--I'm in the same boat as you. I submitted on 8/16 as well and have yet to be marked complete. When I called in at the 5 week mark, the lady informed me that it should take no longer than 6 weeks. Unfortunately, that did not hold true. We can only assume that they are understaffed or something, but I do worry that we won't have much consideration for an interview. By the looks of it, they are scheduled well into January for their interviews. I have been really disappointed because this school was one of my TOP choices. Hopefully, our patience will pay off...
 
Flatscaster--I'm in the same boat as you. I submitted on 8/16 as well and have yet to be marked complete. When I called in at the 5 week mark, the lady informed me that it should take no longer than 6 weeks. Unfortunately, that did not hold true. We can only assume that they are understaffed or something, but I do worry that we won't have much consideration for an interview. By the looks of it, they are scheduled well into January for their interviews. I have been really disappointed because this school was one of my TOP choices. Hopefully, our patience will pay off...

lol been complete for a longggg time. i guess aecom isnt that organized!
 
Hi guys,

I understand how stressful application season can be (i was just there myself a year ago). Just wanted to pop in and say Hi! as a first year here. I really love this school so far and am SO happy with my choice, if anyone has any questions regarding student life, academics, transitioning here from far away, housing, whatever just let me know and I'll answer if I know or I'll ask a second year since us first years have only been here two months.

The admission people are REALLY nice, if you have any questions about your application just call them. I know it can seem very disorganized but they really do their best to keep you in the loop.

Again good luck, and if AECOM is one of your top choices i hope to see you on interview day!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The student host I'm staying with just emailed me this same advice. The BxM10 express bus, right? But from the schedule I see on the website, it looks like the express bus doesn't stop at Grand Central, just at Madison and 23rd, Madison and 52nd, and further uptown. Can you catch it at Grand Central too?

Just kidding... Einstein's website says it stops at Madison and 44th too, so I guess that's it. I wish MTA's website would show this too...


How do you reach the page for student hosting? I couldn't find it.
 
Whats the longest someone has been on hold with this "preliminary screening completed" status? Has it been ~2-3 weeks for everyone so far, and no one has been rejected since getting it? Mine just changed to this today and I'm wondering if I'm about to be a very happy person 😀

ive been complete since late July-- I think I win haha Ive given up on this school a LONG time ago anyways so I dont really care

for what its worth in order to get completed I called the school and found out that there was some error with my payment and they basically told me they were never gonna tell me about it.. seems chaotically disorganized over there and I wouldnt be surprised if my app got lost
 
Status
Not open for further replies.