Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would contact BU you first and anonymously ask them their thoughts about mentioning the military and military medicine. I do not know if BU has a long history with supporting the military (maybe someone else knows?). it could be a turn off to some adcoms or it could be a plus. they might wonder why you aren't just applying to USUHS or they might wonder why you are mentioning it in the additional information section. Your ROTC experience should be significant enough in demonstrating your interest in joining the military.Yeah, I talk about ROTC on my primary application, but I don't explicity relate it to the fact the if I become a doctor, I WILL be a military doctor. I focused more on leadership, etc.
I figured going into military medicine is more "something I will definitely be doing because I've basically signed a contract", than it is "something I would maybe like to do in the future" like a specialty.


