2010-2011 University of Texas Medical Branch Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had possibly the absolute WORST interview at UTMB in the history of interviews and somehow I was accepted. I'm still confused about that. Haha.
It's weird how this works. I had a pretty good interview (or so I thought), and when I called admissions to talk about my file it turned out I said at least one thing that my interviewer didn't like.

Members don't see this ad.

My interview ended with the interviewer saying "come ask me that when you get in [to UTMB]"

And I left saying, "I hope I'll be taking you up on your offer soon :)"

The prophesy has come to pass :p

Also, I had one (apparently) horrible interview here... so I was 99% sure I wouldn't be getting into UTMB. Pleasant surprise, really.

Is this just your opinion, or did the interviewer make any obvious signs that the interview was going downhill?

Members don't see this ad :)
The interviewer talked/lectured 90% of the time... I assumed that wasn't a good sign.

I received my acceptance today! This has been a fun wait, and I already made my "donation" to TMDSAS for next years application cycle.

I chose to stay away from these boards until I received an acceptance (or moved to next years thread). I am behind in looking for housing and all the other details. Is there a good site or facebook page that anyone would recommend?

I have a lot to do this next month as well as catching up with my new classmates. Thanks for any help!

I received my acceptance today! This has been a fun wait, and I already made my "donation" to TMDSAS for next years application cycle.

I chose to stay away from these boards until I received an acceptance (or moved to next years thread). I am behind in looking for housing and all the other details. Is there a good site or facebook page that anyone would recommend?

I have a lot to do this next month as well as catching up with my new classmates. Thanks for any help!

Congratulations!!!! :D I'm in the same boat as you, with the late acceptance and all. I won't even be in the country till early August, so I'll be even farther behind. Try joining the UTMB Class of 2015 Facebook page, there's some people looking for roommates and stuff there (although most people are already in Galveston :rolleyes:)

I have good new$ for you: When I emailed TMDSAS to withdraw my application for this year, they refunded the $135 application fee! So, email TMDSAS about your withdrawal and get your cash money back.

Also congratulations to you!

Thanks for the info. Right now I'm just waiting for the packet to come in the mail before I do too much. There is something about seeing the official letter for it to actually seem official.

Status
Not open for further replies.