2011-2012 Florida International University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told the same thing when I asked. Could be that we were both in a good position, or it could be their standard response.

Howd u guys find out u were in a "very favorable position"?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Members don't see this ad.

Howd u guys find out u were in a "very favorable position"?

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk

Sent admissions office an email after I was notified of their decision to put me on the Alternate List. Said basically that I know you can't tell me exactly where I am on the list but that any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

I imagine the last thing they would want to do is get your hopes up for no reason...I do believe I recall other people being told the exact opposite so there is no way its a standard response, but I would be interested to know exactly what it means!

Members don't see this ad :)
I imagine the last thing they would want to do is get your hopes up for no reason...I do believe I recall other people being told the exact opposite so there is no way its a standard response, but I would be interested to know exactly what it means!

Agreed. That would be a pretty cruel thing to tell someone in the middle or on the bottom of the list. Hope it works out for you. I have a feeling that FIU is a school that experiences significant movement around May 15th!

Thanks buddy! I think you are right, I believe they did say they expect heavy movement real soon. If other schools give twice as many acceptances or so as they have seats it would only make sense that FIU has alot more to go since they were restricted to only giving 120 and waiting for declines before giving more.

Withdrew my acceptance here... I kind of think I am half crazy for doing so because they basically offered to pay for the majority of my education, but I know wouldn't be happy in Miami for multiple reasons...
I genuinely hope one of you gets my spot and receives the VERY generous tuition scholarship that I'm giving up!!!

Any acceptances going out or are they waiting until May 15?

I just got accepted today! 32O 3.4/3.3 in-state! I am so happy! Best of luck to all of those still waiting, I know how painful and ulcer producing it can be.

I also was accepted this afternoon! I only have until the 14th to decide if I will keep my seat. Good luck to everyone else!

Edit: Turned down acceptance yesterday.

Last edited:
Also accepted. Good luck to everyone waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to you all!!! Hoping to hear back sometime soon!!

congrats everybody! Im right there with ya Dcast, I assume the biggest movement will be next tuesday!!

Accepted this afternoon....Goodluck to everyone waiting!

Accepted this afternoon....Goodluck to everyone waiting!

could everyone accepted off the waitlist this week please post their stats? and were you notified via email or call??

thanks!

Got my acceptance today! Look forward to seeing you all in a couple of months!

In state 32R 3.6/3.5

Got my acceptance today! Look forward to seeing you all in a couple of months!

In state 32R 3.6/3.5
Has anyone been accepted today off the alternate list? I hope there is a lot of movement today...crossing my fingers;)

I completed my application in August, interviewed in January, was wait-listed in april, and was accepted yesterday! FIU HWCOM is the number one school I want to go to so I withdrew my application from another school and will see you all this August 6, 2012. Congrats!

I completed my application in August, interviewed in January, was wait-listed in april, and was accepted yesterday! FIU HWCOM is the number one school I want to go to so I withdrew my application from another school and will see you all this August 6, 2012. Congrats!

Congrats!! This is also my number 1 choice but still on the waitlist. I'm anxiously waiting!!

Would you mind sharing your stats?

Congrats to you! Glad to hear there has been some movement and there is still hope for those of us still on the alternate list. I completed the application around the same time, also interviewed the beginning of January and have been on the alternate list for a few months now. FIU is also my number one choice and am hoping and praying for some good news this week. Out of curiousity, did you hear via email or phone call?

Just found out I have been accepted off the alternate list...officially part of the class of 2016 and could not be happier. Good luck to those still waiting!

Just found out I have been accepted off the alternate list...officially part of the class of 2016 and could not be happier. Good luck to those still waiting!

Congrats!!! How did you find out?

I interviewed here in August. The second interview date. I was put on the alt list in Jan. This has been the longest few months... stressful not knowing!! But today I received an acceptance email, around 6:30pm! I am so excited to be joining the Class of 2016! No call, just email. stats for those curious 31Q, 3.8/3.7sci.

Best of luck to those still waiting! Good things come to those who wait! I'm a believer!

Accepted finally, my first acceptance!

Received e-mail at 9.50am this morning. OOS, 3.3/35R

I interviewed end of October and placed on alternate list in February. Those of you still waiting, be patient, have faith you may be next.

Last edited:
Finally got accepted into FIU...interviewed on Halloween! This is exciting but I i'm declining the offer. good luck to everyone who's still waiting! There is still hope!

Accepted off waitlist Wednesday - received U Miami acceptance simultaneous. Released FIU seat on Thursday.

Best luck to those still waiting!

I received a call the other day asking if I am still interested because they said I was high on the waitlist so depending on if spots opened up they might be able to offer me a spot next week. Did anyone else receive a call?

hey does anyone know how classes work at fiu? is it P/F or letter grades? rank system?

Hey has anyone accepted recently received a financial aid package?

I don't know if you mean "financial aid package" as in loan dispursment or anything, however I was offered a full tuition scholarship on 5-16 :)

Not sure if that's what you're looking for

I was accepted off the alternate list yesterday via phone call. I just (right now) relinquished the seat. I was offered a 1/2 instate tuition scholarship of 14K per year, but this was not enough. Also, I was disappointed that the offer came so late in the season.... Oh well. Hope someone gets it who really wants to go here!

I was accepted off the alternate list yesterday via phone call. I just (right now) relinquished the seat. I was offered a 1/2 instate tuition scholarship of 14K per year, but this was not enough. Also, I was disappointed that the offer came so late in the season.... Oh well. Hope someone gets it who really wants to go here!

So where did you decide to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.