You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 Southern Illinois University Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
I should probably look to see who is the guide that day.... Am I doing it again anytime soon?I've heard the Sept 9th tour guide is kinda awesome...Caesar would probably agree.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You might see us, we WILL see you. muahahaha.
YAY!!! I'm so excited! I just got my SIU interview email today! 

You might see us, we WILL see you. muahahaha.
Big Brother is watching.
Big brother saw all 3 of the interviewees today, and they had no idea!Big Brother is watching.
It is kind of fun for us to try to guess which of the real people you people are. We don't get out much.
Big brother saw all 3 of the interviewees today, and they had no idea!
It is kind of fun for us to try to guess which of the real people you people are. We don't get out much.
Big sister tried to guess too!!! Caesar didn't want me to go over and say hi though lest i embarrass him or something
Big bro and sis were too busy during my interview day 🙁
Big bro and sis were too busy during my interview day 🙁
I'm sure we saw you. Ya'll stick out like sore thumbs. I always want to run up and hug you all and say to stop worrying. Instead I just try to send good vibes your way or smile at you in the hall so you don't think SIU is full of freaks
I'm sure we saw you. Ya'll stick out like sore thumbs. I always want to run up and hug you all and say to stop worrying. Instead I just try to send good vibes your way or smile at you in the hall so you don't think SIU is full of freaks![]()
And here I was hoping it was my snazzy suit that made me stick out...

You guys do have the "friendly" down pretty well. 🙂
.
Last edited:
YAY!!! I'm so excited! I just got my SIU interview email today!![]()
Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?
Congrats! When did you submit your secondary?
I turned in my secondary 8/28 and mailed the $50 fee on 8/29.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just completed a mock interview. Now that I'm confident for my interview with SIU next week, does anyone have any last minute tips?
Take advantage of the wealth of information that is your tour guide. In my experience, they will answer ANY question you have and it really helps you get a feel for what it will be like as a student there.
Yes I will.Take advantage of the wealth of information that is your tour guide. In my experience, they will answer ANY question you have and it really helps you get a feel for what it will be like as a student there.
Interview invite today via e-mail! Primary submitted 7/22; Secondary received 8/31; Secondary submitted 8/31; Interview invite 9/7!!!!
congrats! Keep posting interview dates! I like to try to see if I can figure out who is who in person if I meet the interviewees on any given day.
Don't worry, I wouldn't (and legally can't) out you in real life, even if they DO know who I am on here.
Don't worry, I wouldn't (and legally can't) out you in real life, even if they DO know who I am on here.
congrats! Keep posting interview dates! I like to try to see if I can figure out who is who in person if I meet the interviewees on any given day.
Don't worry, I wouldn't (and legally can't) out you in real life, even if they DO know who I am on here.
I suppose I could have been more imaginative with my SDN name, I think it may give me away.
I interview this Friday the 9th! Anyone with me? SO excited!!
I interview this Friday the 9th! Anyone with me? SO excited!!
if some crazy comes up and tries to hug you, that's prob me. If you see some crazy being restrained, the one holding me back is Caesar. haha
Not as bad as Red's, I am sure.I suppose I could have been more imaginative with my SDN name, I think it may give me away.
There is so much truth in this post.if some crazy comes up and tries to hug you, that's prob me. If you see some crazy being restrained, the one holding me back is Caesar. haha
Hahahaha! I hope I'm not the only one interviewing so it gives me away!
Not as bad as Red's, I am sure.
yea well, if i didn't know better, I'd say you were compensating for something...oh wait, I don't actually know better... haha 😍
You weren't. But it was easy to pick you out. 🙂Hahahaha! I hope I'm not the only one interviewing so it gives me away!
by easy he means I figured it out and told him🙄You weren't. But it was easy to pick you out. 🙂
Rats! Probably my Iowa picture/avatar giving it away....
ding ding. You met BOTH of us. Did you figure out who WE were?Rats! Probably my Iowa picture/avatar giving it away....
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I definitely know who red10 is........Caesar is a different story. Clearly, I was observing all the wrong things! 
I definitely know who red10 is........Caesar is a different story. Clearly, I was observing all the wrong things!![]()
I dunno if you actually met him but i know you saw him in the hospital...
I JUST now figured out your cryptic text from last night. I don't care, just not in public.I dunno if you actually met him but i know you saw him in the hospital...
Also, (and this is for all interviewers) if you are observant I wear something everyday that gives me away.I definitely know who red10 is........Caesar is a different story. Clearly, I was observing all the wrong things!![]()
I was placed on the supplemental waitlist for this school, anyone have any experience with this? Idk if i should send them a letter of update maybe?
I just returned home from my interview here and I have to say, I was really impressed. Everything went well and the interviews were very conversational. I got a good feel for the school, its curriculum and some of the other aspects. That being said, I'm pretty excited to hear back from the committee.
I received the first confirmation that my app was received on 8/16 but haven't heard anything since then. I'm from the northwest suburbs of Chicago so I know that may be working against me, but SIU was/is very high on my list. Would it be worthwhile to give the admissions office a call to ask about my application status and to try to subtly express my interest?
Last edited:
I don't know how much it would help, but it certainly wouldn't hurt.I received the first confirmation that my app was received on 8/16 but haven't heard anything since then. I'm from the northwest suburbs of Chicago so I know that may be working against me, but SIU was/is very high on my list. Would it be worthwhile to give the admissions office a call to ask about my application status and to try to subtly express my interest?
Is it necessary/should I send post-interview thank you letters/emails...? I know it kind of varies by school. Any opinions?
I think I did. It never hurts, plus they will remember you.
I think I did. It never hurts, plus they will remember you.
That is what I figured. What do you think is a better option, emails to specific interviewers, or letter to general office of admissions?
specific interviewers. but it wouldn't hurt to tell the office as well.
DVolle - I think I'm going to email my inteviewers, and type and mail a letter to the actual admissions office
I just found out today that my interview will be on October 6th. Anyone else?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just sent thank you emails to my interviewers. Just curious, did I meet any of you guys during my interview day?
I went home sick on your interview day 🙁 so I didn't even get to try to pick you out haha
You met me. Or at least saw me a couple times.I just sent thank you emails to my interviewers. Just curious, did I meet any of you guys during my interview day?
Just interviewed yesterday 🙂 I absolutely loved the school. Everyone was friendly, and the interviews were pretty relaxed. It seems like a very tight knit community and a great environment for medical school. I can't wait for October! 

Just interviewed yesterday 🙂 I absolutely loved the school. Everyone was friendly, and the interviews were pretty relaxed. It seems like a very tight knit community and a great environment for medical school. I can't wait for October!![]()
I saw you! and you saw me!
(Ceasar, I'm afraid we might be scaring people away by being so creepy...
)- Status
- Not open for further replies.