2025-2026 Carle-Illinois

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would assume so, most scholarships would go to early acceptances
It may not mean much, but they say that "All admitted students are automatically considered for merit scholarships." I guess it's left up to discretion whether its a first-come-first-serve sort of thing
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Heard there was good WL movement in previous years... but this year they seem to be doing things differently, so it's anyone's guess at this point.
According to their status update, they were explicit in saying that "we do expect our waitlist will be implemented." Going off what I've seen on Admit in terms of self-reporting, a good amount of the people accepted to Carle were also accepted to schools that, on paper, would be more favorable. Who knows how many people Carle initially offered will accept a position. Time will tell!
 
Does anyone know how to withdraw after acceptance? Most schools have it in the portal, but I can't find it. Do I just send an email to admissions?
 
Does Carle allow any letters of continuted interest/ letters of intent after being waitlisted? It seems like a no to me, but want to make sure
 
Does Carle allow any letters of continuted interest/ letters of intent after being waitlisted? It seems like a no to me, but want to make sure
They do not accept any forms of update (interest, intent, or application update) and they don't consider any of that information in review of the application
 
Any chance we hear anything between the April 15 and April 30 timepoints? Not sure how movement worked in previous application cycles
 
Hello everyone, this message is more for people who are going to attend and looking for housing - I am a fourth year student finishing up at a different medical school, but I have a rental property (3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom) house with a fenced in yard in a nice neighborhood just south of the university that we are looking to list in the next few weeks. We do go through a property management company who does the background check, maintenance calls, etc, so you wouldn’t have to deal directly with me.

Please feel free to PM me here if you are interested. I know for my class we would have a few people go in together on a place.

Also, is there an accepted groupme?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent them an email, and they mentioned that they would look into it to see if anyone was available. Currently, there are none, though.
@rkdwlgh I'd shoot them an email. They just responded to me, saying Monday afternoon or Thursday they had someone who might be available.
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to students who've been accepted at Carle, or elsewhere! A few things to note about this school that I've heard about recently:
- The first year summer vacation is 6 weeks, this is shorter than most external summer programs of 8 to 10 weeks. Keep this in mind if you are interested in completing an external summer program and don't want to spend an extra year.
- The fall 1 week break for first and second year students has been removed in favor of an extra week of coursework. Keep this in mind as you consider your personal needs. There are no extra breaks besides Labor day from early July to Thanksgiving M1 year.
- I've read elsewhere that the orthopedic match rate this year was 1 in 4. Three students had self selected out, so some might consider it to have been 1 in 7.
- Based on the convocation program, 46 of 47 students were matched into any residency. That actually seems not too bad. I don't know the story with the other student or how many total were first pick specialties.

Would be nice if a current student could confirm.
 
+1 A from the WL!!!! have until next Friday to accept. Do y'all know how fast they turn around with scholarships or if you have to accept the offer to be considered for one?
I recently withdrew my app, but they told me about 2ish days after accepting the offer (nonbinding), you'll get scholarship info. You don't have to commit to be considered, though. You'd get that information prior.