2025-2026 Carle-Illinois

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I just got this: " You’re invited to the Carle Illinois College of Medicine Fall Virtual Visit Series. This is a set of online sessions designed to help you stay connected, meet current students and faculty, and explore what makes Carle Illinois unique. Invitations are extended only to applicants who have submitted their secondary application." Is it the showcase invite?
“Please note: This is an informational series and is not evaluative. This is also not an indication of your status in the admissions cycle. Participation is voluntary and attendance will not impact your likelihood of acceptance. ”, I anticipate it is not..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
With ASU basically being an in-state / regionally biased EnMed program, this is my best hope for getting an EnMed background.

Dubs in the chat. Hope these virtual sessions at least demonstrate continued interest to Carle

I had some significant updates but Carle sadly doesn’t accept update letters
 
With ASU basically being an in-state / regionally biased EnMed program, this is my best hope for getting an EnMed background.

Dubs in the chat. Hope these virtual sessions at least demonstrate continued interest to Carle

I had some significant updates but Carle sadly doesn’t accept update letters
Sorry I’m out of the loop - did ASU say they’ll be mostly in state?
 
I just got this: " You’re invited to the Carle Illinois College of Medicine Fall Virtual Visit Series. This is a set of online sessions designed to help you stay connected, meet current students and faculty, and explore what makes Carle Illinois unique. Invitations are extended only to applicants who have submitted their secondary application." Is it the showcase invite?
Their wordings is very specific. Those who didn't submit secondary are not invited, and since they didn't say ALL secondary submitters are invited, it's highly likely that only selective group is invited, similar to the previous year "showcase invite". So this Fall Virtual Visit Series may be their updated version of "showcase invite".
 
Their wordings is very specific. Those who didn't submit secondary are not invited, and since they didn't say ALL secondary submitters are invited, it's highly likely that only selective group is invited, similar to the previous year "showcase invite". So this Fall Virtual Visit Series may be their updated version of "showcase invite".
This was also in the email:
"Please note: This is an informational series and is not evaluative. This is also not an indication of your status in the admissions cycle. Participation is voluntary and attendance will not impact your likelihood of acceptance."
 
Their wordings is very specific. Those who didn't submit secondary are not invited, and since they didn't say ALL secondary submitters are invited, it's highly likely that only selective group is invited, similar to the previous year "showcase invite". So this Fall Virtual Visit Series may be their updated version of "showcase invite".
I read this as “anyone who submitted a secondary.”
 
Their wordings is very specific. Those who didn't submit secondary are not invited, and since they didn't say ALL secondary submitters are invited, it's highly likely that only selective group is invited, similar to the previous year "showcase invite". So this Fall Virtual Visit Series may be their updated version of "showcase invite".
I don't think it is selective past "have they submitted a secondary."
 
apparently they've narrowed down the applicants to "finalists" and will be sending A's next year at some point (probs late-Jan to early-Feb)

info session was kinda eh. Innovation is a huge part of their curriculum, but the amount of yapping they did in an hour could have been succinctly summarized in 10-15 mins. all these acronyms (BICEP lol) got me ded

dont expect much from this place given my low 50X score, but should be amusing to see the end results soon
 
apparently they've narrowed down the applicants to "finalists" and will be sending A's next year at some point (probs late-Jan to early-Feb)

info session was kinda eh. Innovation is a huge part of their curriculum, but the amount of yapping they did in an hour could have been succinctly summarized in 10-15 mins. all these acronyms (BICEP lol) got me ded

dont expect much from this place given my low 50X score, but should be amusing to see the end results soon
6 7
 
apparently they've narrowed down the applicants to "finalists" and will be sending A's next year at some point (probs late-Jan to early-Feb)

info session was kinda eh. Innovation is a huge part of their curriculum, but the amount of yapping they did in an hour could have been succinctly summarized in 10-15 mins. all these acronyms (BICEP lol) got me ded

dont expect much from this place given my low 50X score, but should be amusing to see the end results soon
The attendance today surprised me. Based on past year data there should be 3,000 applicants. Let's just say only half of them really submitted a complete secondary, only ~10% of them are interested in attending this info session is still a bit odd.
 
Information session felt like something they’ve done before, not anything super crazy or new for applicants in particular. Still great information, but a lot of the same. I wonder how watered down it is compared to the in-person events of years past.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The attendance today surprised me. Based on past year data there should be 3,000 applicants. Let's just say only half of them really submitted a complete secondary, only ~10% of them are interested in attending this info session is still a bit odd.
How many attended today?
 
Information session felt like something they’ve done before, not anything super crazy or new for applicants in particular. Still great information, but a lot of the same. I wonder how watered down it is compared to the in-person events of years past.
Is the information session somewhat similar to previous years’s showcase invite of the same session type?
 
Is the information session somewhat similar to previous years’s showcase invite of the same session type?
That’s what I’m curious about. They had other info sessions for prospective applicants earlier in the year.
To answer your other question there were roughly 150 applicants in attendance
 
That’s what I’m curious about. They had other info sessions for prospective applicants earlier in the year.
To answer your other question there were roughly 150 applicants in attendance
Thank you. If the number is a representative of half of total invited (2 invited sessions) the the total invited is approximately 10% of applicants. Somewhat similar to previous years showcase invites %. The earlier information sessions for prospective applicants are probably recorded and on the web. These fall virtual sessions are not recorded
 
Thank you. If the number is a representative of half of total invited (2 invited sessions) the the total invited is approximately 10% of applicants. Somewhat similar to previous years showcase invites %. The earlier information sessions for prospective applicants are probably recorded and on the web. These fall virtual sessions are not recorded
I anticipate the first session will have the highest amount of attendance (just based on human nature), so the union of attendance across all sessions may be even lower than 300. I still believe every applicant (instead of just the “finalists”) should have received the invitation, but most people are just not interested in attending for whatever reason. BTW, my invitation email was categorized in “promotion” by gmail, if I didn’t follow this thread on SDN I may not be able to see it.
 
I anticipate the first session will have the highest amount of attendance (just based on human nature), so the union of attendance across all sessions may be even lower than 300. I still believe every applicant (instead of just the “finalists”) should have received the invitation, but most people are just not interested in attending for whatever reason. BTW, my invitation email was categorized in “promotion” by gmail, if I didn’t follow this thread on SDN I may not be able to see it.
+1 to being categorized by “Promotion”, also I haven’t heard anyone NOT receive the invite. I think they’re doing things a bit different this year. Regardless, they did state that finalists were being chosen, but there won’t be any way to know until decision day.
 
Ngl, sometimes I forget that I applied here because there aren't any interviews to wait for LOL. It's kind of nice, but I know I'm gonna start stressing when January hits and decisions are supposed to start rolling out
 
I feel like these information sessions should count for something.

If the school already narrowed down the list to finalists, it’s kinda disrespectful to send these info session videos to every applicant who submitted a secondary.

They already know who they’re gonna take. Should have made these info sessions similar to showcases from previous years.

And since this school doesn’t send IIs, my fear is most of the students who do get in are going to be socially stunted (as evidenced by a LOT of the neurotic questions I saw yesterday on the chat). Also, 6 minutes to answer 4 questions really isn’t remotely close to enough time for a video interview essay

Just my two cents no one asked for
 
I anticipate the first session will have the highest amount of attendance (just based on human nature), so the union of attendance across all sessions may be even lower than 300. I still believe every applicant (instead of just the “finalists”) should have received the invitation, but most people are just not interested in attending for whatever reason. BTW, my invitation email was categorized in “promotion” by gmail, if I didn’t follow this thread on SDN I may not be able to see it.
Mine went to my primary email, it was not in spam or promotions.
 
I feel like these information sessions should count for something.

If the school already narrowed down the list to finalists, it’s kinda disrespectful to send these info session videos to every applicant who submitted a secondary.

They already know who they’re gonna take. Should have made these info sessions similar to showcases from previous years.

And since this school doesn’t send IIs, my fear is most of the students who do get in are going to be socially stunted (as evidenced by a LOT of the neurotic questions I saw yesterday on the chat). Also, 6 minutes to answer 4 questions really isn’t remotely close to enough time for a video interview essay

Just my two cents no one asked for
That’s my thinking as well. A low turnout (number and % of total) is an indication that the invite was not sent to all submitted secondary
 
I will say, they have 2 dates for each information session. The first one conflicted with a different one I had for another school, so I chose to attend the second session. Assume people will split 50/50 and that doubles it. That said the wording was very clear "this is not evaluative, and your attendance has no impact", which may mean some people don't feel it's worth it.
 
I will say, they have 2 dates for each information session. The first one conflicted with a different one I had for another school, so I chose to attend the second session. Assume people will split 50/50 and that doubles it. That said the wording was very clear "this is not evaluative, and your attendance has no impact", which may mean some people don't feel it's worth it.

That’s all fine and dandy. But why bother emailing every applicant who submitted a secondary to visit their information sessions when the dean literally mentioned they’ve narrowed down their applicant pool to a handful of finalists?

If you’re not even under consideration, it’s mad disrespectful and a complete waste of time to attend these sessions. They should be sending Rs now and only invite people they’re seriously considering to attend these events.

CI Med might claim to be “innovative” yet they don’t even have the decency to interview applicants LOL. Says more about their lack of structure than anything else.

Not to mention I got the feeling yesterday some people were socially inept but that’s a story for another day
 
That’s all fine and dandy. But why bother emailing every applicant who submitted a secondary to visit their information sessions when the dean literally mentioned they’ve narrowed down their applicant pool to a handful of finalists?

If you’re not even under consideration, it’s mad disrespectful and a complete waste of time to attend these sessions. They should be sending Rs now and only invite people they’re seriously considering to attend these events.

CI Med might claim to be “innovative” yet they don’t even have the decency to interview applicants LOL. Says more about their lack of structure than anything else.

Not to mention I got the feeling yesterday some people were socially inept but that’s a story for another day
Honestly, this is how I felt.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will say, they have 2 dates for each information session. The first one conflicted with a different one I had for another school, so I chose to attend the second session. Assume people will split 50/50 and that doubles it. That said the wording was very clear "this is not evaluative, and your attendance has no impact", which may mean some people don't feel it's worth it.
"This is not evaluative." -> not attending.
 
Yes, it says that but they are taking notes on who is interested and who is not. Not long after I received an email thanking me for my attendance.

Pretty sure they sent that to everyone who "attended"
 
Yes, it says that but they are taking notes on who is interested and who is not. Not long after I received an email thanking me for my attendance.
As others have said, they already have narrowed down their pool to finalists. Additionally, they explicitly mentioned the info session was non-evaluative. All this to say, I doubt they are "taking notes" in any substantive manner.
 
As others have said, they already have narrowed down their pool to finalists. Additionally, they explicitly mentioned the info session was non-evaluative. All this to say, I doubt they are "taking notes" in any substantive manner.
I would argue that, but we will just leave it there.
 
As others have said, they already have narrowed down their pool to finalists. Additionally, they explicitly mentioned the info session was non-evaluative. All this to say, I doubt they are "taking notes" in any substantive manner.

That's why I find it mad disrespectful why they're sending these email to students who submitted their secondary but not even considering since they already narrowed down their pool
 
Bored Wait GIF by FirstAndMonday
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don’t think they send out acceptances all at once, but they also started giving out decisions a month earlier than usual so who knows.
Thank you for further feeding my delusion 😭 It seems like they sent to July/Early August as of right now and I am mid-August submission so I really want to be delusional. Appreciate you!