2011-2012 University of Kansas Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mine was in my mailbox in KCK at 3:15 on Friday
waitlisted #7, hoooo brother :annoyed:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm calling tomorrow morning to figure out my status, since my letter seems to have gotten lost in the mail.

Congrats to those that have been accepted, and keep your chin up to those that were not. Your day will come.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Tin Man! - and everyone on the wait list!

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted, far enough down to mean I'm probably not getting in.

Hey all, just dropping in to say congrats to those who got accepted. I matched at KU for anesthesia, so I may be seeing you guys in the OR in future years (or on your medicine rotation next year if you'll be an M3 or M4). I grew up in KC, so I'm happy to help any of you with any info you may need on places to live, stuff to do around town, etc. I think you'll enjoy going to school and living there. Best of luck!

Hey all, just dropping in to say congrats to those who got accepted. I matched at KU for anesthesia, so I may be seeing you guys in the OR in future years (or on your medicine rotation next year if you'll be an M3 or M4). I grew up in KC, so I'm happy to help any of you with any info you may need on places to live, stuff to do around town, etc. I think you'll enjoy going to school and living there. Best of luck!
Do you go to UAMS? I just noticed your posts on that forum. I'm following the arkansas forum as well, because KU Med and Arkansas were the only med schools I applied to

Hey future Jaydocs! I'm just dropping by to say Hiiiiiiii! I'm back from Africa, working at the Kansas Department of Health and Environment, and totally stoked about July! My fiance and i got an apartment and will be moving in late June to KC. I also found out that I got a Kansas Medical School Loan! I am so stoked. I know it locks me into primary care, but I am so okay with that it's not even funny. I'm reading 'Baby Doctor' by Perri Klass right now and it's the highlight of my day when I go on breaks from filing legal briefs all day :)

What are you all up to these days? Any other KMSLers out there?

Congrats to those that have been accepted, and keep your chin up to those that were not. Your day will come.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you Tin Man! - and everyone on the wait list!

Girl, you are always so upbeat! I've got you in my thoughts for sure! I know you'll make it!!
Good luck to everyone in the next cycle and congrats to those who will be headed to KU! 2016!

:luck::):luck::)

Waitlist #4

You want to stand vigil with me on the MEDS page? I've been praying that it was a particularly brilliant pool this year and that they'd all opt for Harvard, Penn, and Hopkins, and leave a few KU spots open come Tuesday. Also, no posts since 4/17 makes it hard to find the page.

Members don't see this ad :)
You want to stand vigil with me on the MEDS page? I've been praying that it was a particularly brilliant pool this year and that they'd all opt for Harvard, Penn, and Hopkins, and leave a few KU spots open come Tuesday. Also, no posts since 4/17 makes it hard to find the page.

What position are you? Hoping the list moves quickly. Tomorrow, tomorrow.

What position are you? Hoping the list moves quickly. Tomorrow, tomorrow.

Lucky number 7. Yes. Prompt shuffling of spots would be greatly appreciated. You hear that? All of you multiple-acceptance-hanger-on-ers?

Welp I'm up next.....ringer will be on all day tomorrow!

congrats to everyone who has already gotten in during regular admission or the alternates list!!!

i know that its been average 10 or less the last few years for number off waitlist, but does anyone know if 6 in two days is pretty good, or what? in other words, if im just outside the top 10, is this rate look like a good sign?!?

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!:luck::xf::xf:

Wahhoooo!! I'm so excited! Good Luck to you both!!!

Miguelito look at the past studentdoctor forums, that will give you an idea if they always move this fast up the list.

:-D

Wahhoooo!! I'm so excited! Good Luck to you both!!!

Miguelito look at the past studentdoctor forums, that will give you an idea if they always move this fast up the list.

:-D

yes, i am checking past forums and it's not clear- of course its not! this is somewhat unpredictable, so i need to quit trying to extrapolate and just WAIT!

best to all!
and congrats to those who already have good news!

I was surprised to see that they are on applicant #15 on the wait list! I'm sitting here at #19 hoping for 5 others to accept offers elsewhere. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst! Anyone else in a similar situation?

I was surprised to see that they are on applicant #15 on the wait list! I'm sitting here at #19 hoping for 5 others to accept offers elsewhere. I'm hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst! Anyone else in a similar situation?

I JUST got OUT of your situation yesterday. Hang in there, stay positive. THis is my first year applying and ever being on a waitlist (didn't go through it for undergrad), so I am no expert, but this list is moving. Stay positive, yet get ready for next cycle, if that makes sense. Will keep you busy, and if you don't get lucky, you're already on top of the game. Wish the best for you! Buena Suerte!:luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.