2011-2012 University of Kansas Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No letter. Just a bill. i hate my life.

Members don't see this ad.

My mom just checked the mail. There was no letter. It'll probably be tomorrow or Saturday. Chin up everybody!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they met last night... I'm pretty sure I was told they meet Wednesday nights, then Jason processes everything and sends out letter before the end of the week. So maybe letters will be going out today and tomorrow?

freak out status. two of my friends got their acceptance letters today here in lawrence, mine is still nowhere to be found! My courier comes early in the day so I'm hoping it just didn't make it here in time. Anyone know if they send acceptances/rejections/alternate offers all in one batch or separately? (Hoping it's not the latter....)

freak out status. two of my friends got their acceptance letters today here in lawrence.....)

This post just increased my anxiety:scared:....Did your friends interview in Feb (last round of interviews)?

checked my mail....NO KU love yet!!!

freak out status. two of my friends got their acceptance letters today here in lawrence, mine is still nowhere to be found! My courier comes early in the day so I'm hoping it just didn't make it here in time. Anyone know if they send acceptances/rejections/alternate offers all in one batch or separately? (Hoping it's not the latter....)

What?! Really? are you in KS or MO? i live 8 minutes away from KU med (on the MO side) and am confused as to why I don't have anything yet.

I'm in Lawrence and have not received anything either.

I would imagine that if the letters were sent in batches based on acceptance status, then we would have at least one person on here a little happier than they are now.

I am in AZ and I got nothing in the mail today...does anyone know if in the past they sent out an email and letter or just a letter?????? Anxiety and the suspense continues to build...:confused:

Out of 10 people who were put on hold that I've heard or that have posted on this forum, 2 people received letters today and got accepted. 8 people did not get letters.

Even though it's a small sample, there's no way they're rejecting 8 out of 10 people on hold, so those of you who didn't get letters today, don't look too much into the fact that you didn't get your letter today!

Hokay, so here's the deal. I called Jason because I was super annoyed/concerned about the alternates message on the status page. He says it doesn't address me specifically, just everyone who looks at it, irregardless of whether they have received a letter and what that letter contains. He said all letters went out yesterday. I live one mile away on the Kansas side and checked my mail a third time just now, and still no letter. I wish I had minored in postal theory so I would have a clue how and why some letters get some places faster than other letters that are just as deserving of speedy delivery. Best of luck to all, I'm going to continue behaving subhumanly until this business resolves itself.

Hokay, so here's the deal. I called Jason because I was super annoyed/concerned about the alternates message on the status page. He says it doesn't address me specifically, just everyone who looks at it, irregardless of whether they have received a letter and what that letter contains. He said all letters went out yesterday. I live one mile away on the Kansas side and checked my mail a third time just now, and still no letter. I wish I had minored in postal theory so I would have a clue how and why some letters get some places faster than other letters that are just as deserving of speedy delivery. Best of luck to all, I'm going to continue behaving subhumanly until this business resolves itself.

So just to clarify- everyone got the alternate's message regardless of their status?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. I said "does this message mean that I am an alternate?"
He said "no. everyone sees that message if they log on"
I said "thanks, goodbye"
I wanted to say "then why the frick would you post that before some people have received their letters? that is misleading and inconsiderate of my feelings."

Yes. I said "does this message mean that I am an alternate?"
He said "no. everyone sees that message if they log on"
I said "thanks, goodbye"
I wanted to say "then why the frick would you post that before some people have received their letters? that is misleading and inconsiderate of my feelings."

Haha ok thanks for the clarification. I empathize with you- I've been stalking my mailbox all day. But good luck! Hopefully we'll all get great news!

Alternates hear nothing until May? Sheesh, I really want my letter...

Alright, round 2.

mk2_ps3_soon.jpg

Going on break to check my mail in about ten minutes. Hopefully the mail will have gotten here by then.

Nothing at either address...

The mail came, but no letter. Basically meaning they either sent it using something other than USPS, or it'll be tomorrow (or later), or that it got lost.

Our mail just came, there was no letter. Did they all get sent on Wednesday? I'm on the verge of calling the admissions office.

They did say a few times that today was the anticipated notification day. Has anyone been confirmed to have been notified yet?

I haven't been home yet, but since you guys haven't received yet I'm going to try not to stress and assume it's not coming today. I'll keep you posted! I did talk to a friend today that was accepted earlier in the year, he assured me that all letters go out at the same time. He was in a similar position, he said the letters went out on a Wednesday, some of his friends had heard by Thurs, some by Fri, he didn't get his letter until Sat. And it was an acceptance! So let's keep hoping, and don't let it ruin the game tonight! ROCK CHALK!

JUST CHECKED MY MAIL.... ACCEPTANCE LETTER FROM KU!!! (I'm in Waco, Tx). Good luck to all of you and hope to be meeting some of you soon!!! :soexcited::highfive::clap::claps::biglove:

JUST CHECKED MY MAIL.... ACCEPTANCE LETTER FROM KU!!! (I'm in Waco, Tx). Good luck to all of you and hope to be meeting some of you soon!!! :soexcited::highfive::clap::claps::biglove:

Congrats. Glad the waiting is over for you.

And a letter got to Waco before Kansas? :confused: Bizarre. Did it arrive regular mail?

Congrats!! I just called and they said they send the letters to the "preferred" not "permanent" address. My mistake.

I hate to do this to all of you still waiting, but it was HERE! ACCEPTED!!!!!!!!!!!!! So proud to be watching my team play tonight as a student again!!!!!!!! Good luck to you all, wishing the very best!!!

I got the letter today....

slowly opened it.............

unfolded it... and.....

ACCEPTED! congrats to all! and good luck if you're still waiting! :love::luck::love:

My letter arrived today too... only at my parents house so my dad's sending it to me. I didn't want them to open it!

The house mom of my sorority just called to say I got a letter. ACCEPTED!! See you guys in a few months!! And good luck to everyone still waiting! My fingers are crossed for good news!!!

Waitlisted. Considering they only accept average 10 people off the waitlist, I will withdraw.

No love from the alma mater.

Still waiting on mine, for some reason.

Still waiting on mine, for some reason.

I would call the office. Jason said that you could e-mail them and depending on certain circumstances they will e-mail you your notification status.

Rejected.

Applied as OOS, but about as strong of ties to the state as one can get (went to all 4 years of HS there, parents and siblings all still there). 3.78/35Q

Clearly my MCAT score scared them off :rolleyes:. Who knows, oh well, there are still like 3 schools I ranked higher that I'm waiting on, so hopefully one of those works out. Peace.

Out of town working. Had friend pick it up and scan it. In state, 3rd time applicant with 3.2 science, 27S, Master's student, part time EMT. Rejected.

My acceptance letter came yesterday (to Lawrence) after waiting since my October interview! There was a lot of jumping up and down.

anyone get a big packet yet? i havent read my small letter yet, but i got a packet in the mail today at my house

Packet came today. No scholarship info or email yet.

I still haven't gotten my letter at all. I tried calling and sending emails to the admissions office yesterday, and tried calling again today, but haven't gotten through to anyone.

There's got to be another way to figure out what my status is.

For those of you who have been accepted: has your MEDS status changed from "alternate" yet? If so, mine hasn't, which gives me a reasonable reason to assume I've been waitlisted...

straight out rejected. Congratulations to all of you who got accepted and good luck to those still waiting for some KU love.

Accepted!!!

3.4 GPA 32Q MCAT Tier I private school in southeast.

Best of luck to everyone and see you in KC!!!

I still haven't gotten my letter at all. I tried calling and sending emails to the admissions office yesterday, and tried calling again today, but haven't gotten through to anyone.

There's got to be another way to figure out what my status is.

For those of you who have been accepted: has your MEDS status changed from "alternate" yet? If so, mine hasn't, which gives me a reasonable reason to assume I've been waitlisted...

Mine still has the alternate message. Don't give up hope yet!

Mine still has the alternate message. Don't give up hope yet!

Thanks for the info.

I'm going to call tomorrow, but I highly doubt anyone will be there. I'm probably going to have to wait until Monday and call them to try to get them to update me. Tomorrow's going to be a long day...

Status
Not open for further replies.