-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Georgetown University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
haha it's been a week since i've had my last letter uploaded. no complete email yet. didn't know waiting would be so hard.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dear [NAME REDACTED],
This is to inform you that your application is completed and has been forwarded to the Committee on Admissions for review.
Please note that Committee review can take up to ten weeks. You will be notified of the decision as soon as it is released via e-mail and within the Secondary Application system. Thank you for your patience.
Please remember to keep your preferred e-mail address updated in BOTH the AMCAS and Secondary Application systems.
We appreciate your interest in our School of Medicine.
Sincerely,
Office of Admissions
Georgetown University School of Medicine
waiting with the rest of you...
Complete
Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile
Sent from my SGH-T959V using SDN Mobile
Complete here also! Preparing myself to wait for the "10 weeks" they say it can take to make a decision....
I just received an interview invite via e-mail.
Just received an interview invite! Must be sending out the first wave
Got an interview! So excited!
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1
Congrats guys! Not one here yet 🙁.
I got the complete email on 7/17. 3.86/3. 78/32 are my stats.
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
Sent from my X10i using SDN Mobile
Yeah if you guys could let us know when you were complete it would be appreciated. Just so those of us with no II can gauge where we may fall.
Interview invite here as well, very excited (even though I hear they interview a lot of people)
Complete a week ago, stats are >35 MCAT, >3.8 science and overall GPA
Complete a week ago, stats are >35 MCAT, >3.8 science and overall GPA
Complete 7/19
It's very close, maybe a 20 minute drive, so if you're okay with sneaking in about an hour before your flight then you should be alright, but personally i'd want more of a time cushion. you can't always rely on busses/metro.Complete on the 17th, 3.75/3.74 32. Anyone know how far the campus is from Regan? Email says we will be there until 4, is a 6pm flight cutting it too close using public transportation?
Interview on September 14th!
By the way I was complete the 17th, 36P, cGPA 3.91, sGPA 3.91
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did the opposite and expressed in my email that even though it I knew it was early on I was very interested in Georgetown etc and II today! I think its acceptable even though its early
is GTOWN one of those schools that will never reject you but put you on hold forever?...........i'd rather them send me a rejection e-mail than saying i've been put on hold
Would this be an appropriate time to send a "in the area" email to GWU if I just got an interview invite from georgetown?
This is a question I'd also like to get some opinions on. Anyone?
This is a question I'd also like to get some opinions on. Anyone?
I actually have the opposite question. I got an II to GW, when would be a good time to send an 'in the area' email to gtown?
I actually have the opposite question. I got an II to GW, when would be a good time to send an 'in the area' email to gtown?
I got an interview to GW last week and sent an 'in the area' email to georgetown- and received an interview invite today! I just stressed that I understood it was early in the process but that I was very interested in georgetown etc etc
I got an interview to GW last week and sent an 'in the area' email to georgetown- and received an interview invite today! I just stressed that I understood it was early in the process but that I was very interested in georgetown etc etc
ah. you ma'am, are pro. thx for the quick response.
Last edited:
interview invite! 3.7+/3.7+, 35+. Oos.
+1
Also got the II this morning. I got the complete email on 7/17, 3.60 and 31.
Hmm seems like most of you were complete 7/17. I got the email 7/19 so I'm hoping maybe there is still hope.
Huge congrats to you all!
Huge congrats to you all!
is GTOWN one of those schools that will never reject you but put you on hold forever?...........i'd rather them send me a rejection e-mail than saying i've been put on hold
This is a question I'd also like to get some opinions on. Anyone?
last year's thread had lots of pre-interview rejection.
i received an interview invite today! submitted secondary on july 11.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got an interview to GW last week and sent an 'in the area' email to georgetown- and received an interview invite today! I just stressed that I understood it was early in the process but that I was very interested in georgetown etc etc
Did you actually state, "I'm in the area, would it be possible to interview around this time", or did you just let them know you'd be in DC? Paying for two DC flights from Seattle would be paaaaainful.
complete since 7/17. guess that means i'm on hold or silent rejection?
Same boat 🙁
Same boat 🙁
last year some people who were with the initial wave of completions got an interview in the second wave of interview offers... don't know what that means for this year esp since fabricius got an interview and he/she was complete on 7/19...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
