2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just withdrew. Although I'm confident in my decision, that was a difficult email to send. Mayo is an excellent school and the people there are wonderful.

Good luck to everyone still hanging in there!

Thanks for letting us know :) May I ask where you plan on matriculating instead?

Members don't see this ad.

It was a tough decision, but I decided to withdraw my spot. I received a touch base email around the 3rd week of May and received the acceptance call last week. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys! Good luck to all those waiting :).

It was a tough decision, but I decided to withdraw my spot. I received a touch base email around the 3rd week of May and received the acceptance call last week. I hope my spot goes to one of you guys! Good luck to all those waiting :).

Thanks for the update! Good luck wherever you end up matriculating :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm skimming through this thread, and I see there are a lot of LOR requests
Is this in addition to the submitted committee letter?
I plan on applying to Mayo but I won't be able to get any more meaningful LORs and all the ones I have are from last cycle

I'm skimming through this thread, and I see there are a lot of LOR requests
Is this in addition to the submitted committee letter?
I plan on applying to Mayo but I won't be able to get any more meaningful LORs and all the ones I have are from last cycle

No it's just a req. for you regular letters. Mayo evaluates apps a bit differently than other places and place a very high emphasis on your ECs and letters. Getting the LOR req just means you've made it to the next step of their process where they look at your regular LORs.

It can be a bt confusing, but I kind of like their process. Numbers still matter, but who you are and what you value and do in your life matter waaaay more.

Hey everyone! Does anyone know if the waitlist is still showing movement? Also, when is Mayo's first day this year? I can't seem to find it on the website. Thanks!

Hey everyone! Does anyone know if the waitlist is still showing movement? Also, when is Mayo's first day this year? I can't seem to find it on the website. Thanks!

I recall that recently a few people reported withdrawing on this thread so maybe there us still gonna be waitlist movement.

And our first day is July 15!!!

It doesn't look good ladies and gentlemen! I guess technically we have until the 15th. It was great to interview at Mayo? I am glad we made it so far in a crazy competitive process.... but in a way it's kinda like I wish I didn't see it..(not sure I really mean that, but maybe I do).. anyone else agree? Lol it hurts to come so close.... see its wonder and not quite make it in. :eyebrow: Nevertheless, quite the exciting time and exhilarating every step of the way.

I still have mad love :biglove: for Mayo Medical School :biglove: !!! There is always residency!

To those who received an LOR request in the first round of emails, has anyone been notified of their letters being retrieved by Mayo from AMCAS?

Status
Not open for further replies.