You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
No email here; just sent an update not long ago though so they know I am interested 🙂
I got the "touch base" email on Tuesday as well
Yes, sorry, I meant a 'touch base' e-mail
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an acceptance call today! I have one week to make a decision
Congrats! Good luck with your decision 🙂
Got an acceptance call today! I have one week to make a decision
Let us know if you accept!
Got an acceptance call today! I have one week to make a decision
Strong work!
Got the acceptance call just now, a few days after the touch base email!
Got the acceptance call just now, a few days after the touch base email!
Congrats!
God, this is killing me....congrats to everyone who got in!!
I know its hard but I wish you luck🙂
I just noticed that there is a "Financial Aid Application" on their site. Does this need to be turned in before getting a fin aid award letter/packet/whatever?
I think so... its really really really easy though and should only take 5 minutes.
Anyone else get the "touch base" email this morning?
Anyone else get the "touch base" email this morning?
Yeah. I got it too. You think they just sent it out to everyone still on the alternate list at this point?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah. I got it too. You think they just sent it out to everyone still on the alternate list at this point?
Maybe? I guess we'll find out if others post on here as well..
Anyone else get the "touch base" email this morning?
Yeah I just got it too. Here I was thinking I was special...
I, and a couple of other people on here, got it last week
Haha yea and you all got accepted, but now we're wondering if at this point they're sending out that email to everyone on the waitlist and not just a select few.
I received the touch base email with the others on May 21st. Still no word.
Patiently waiting, sure hope to hear something good.
- Did you guys get a reply back after sending your email return to the touch base email?
Patiently waiting, sure hope to hear something good. - Did you guys get a reply back after sending your email return to the touch base email?
I received the touch base email with the others on May 21st. Still no word.Patiently waiting, sure hope to hear something good.
- Did you guys get a reply back after sending your email return to the touch base email?
Ah okay, well hopefully you'll hear back soon
(along with the rest of us haha)I got a reply back but I'm not sure how strong of an indicator a "Thank you" is for an acceptance call haha
Haha yea and you all got accepted, but now we're wondering if at this point they're sending out that email to everyone on the waitlist and not just a select few.
Nah, I haven't heard anything. I think I got passed from my cohort--I'm guessing they're grouping people, asking if they're interested, accepting and then going on to the next group. oh well, it was nice while it lasted! arrivederci, mayo!
Nah, I haven't heard anything. I think I got passed from my cohort--I'm guessing they're grouping people, asking if they're interested, accepting and then going on to the next group. oh well, it was nice while it lasted! arrivederci, mayo!
Woops, I thought you did..sorry 😳 Guess that means our group will find out over the next couple of days..really hoping for some love from Mayo..
But best of luck with wherever you end up!
Withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it'd go to one of you. Good luck!
Withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it'd go to one of you. Good luck!
Thanks for letting us know! Good luck wherever you end up!
Nah, I haven't heard anything. I think I got passed from my cohort--I'm guessing they're grouping people, asking if they're interested, accepting and then going on to the next group. oh well, it was nice while it lasted! arrivederci, mayo!
This is kinda what I was wondering too given we were both in the May 21st group. Never know though 🙂 just gotta keep waiting!
Withdrawing my acceptance. Hope it'd go to one of you. Good luck!
Thanks for the update! Best of luck in med school!!
This is kinda what I was wondering too given we were both in the May 21st group. Never know though 🙂 just gotta keep waiting!
Haha definitely

So..no acceptances today..?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
JUST GOT THE CALL FROM GINA AND WAS ACCEPTED OFF THE ALTERNATE STATUS THIS MORNING AT 8:15AM!!! Will most likely be attending!!!
Congrats! Guess I've been passed over 🙁 It was a good run while it lasted..
Congrats! Guess I've been passed over 🙁 It was a good run while it lasted..
You and me both, brother.
Keep your spirt up! It isn't over until it's over.
JUST GOT THE CALL FROM GINA AND WAS ACCEPTED OFF THE ALTERNATE STATUS THIS MORNING AT 8:15AM!!! Will most likely be attending!!!
Congrats!! 👍
Keep your spirt up! It isn't over until it's over.
I was curious about this--when DO they plan on finally rejecting students?
Congrats!! 👍
Thanks!! I am so excited and thankful for everything right now. This interview trail compared to other school trails has been much more exciting and fun which is probably indicative of how I'll feel during all 4 years
Keep your spirt up! It isn't over until it's over.
Haha I still have high hopes, just low expectations...if any at all haha
I was curious about this--when DO they plan on finally rejecting students?
I could be wrong, but I thought at this point they don't officially reject anyone anymore..? That it's pretty much just assumed if you don't get the call?
I could be wrong, but I thought at this point they don't officially reject anyone anymore..? That it's pretty much just assumed if you don't get the call?
I would hope they at least send out an email that everything is over for the season.
I would hope they at least send out an email that everything is over for the season.
Haha that would make sense but I think they don't do that cause people may withdraw at any instant between now and the first day of class...for whatever crazy reason that may be. Haha but again, I could be wrong here..
But Gina did tell me in an email two weeks ago that they would continue making appointments "over the next several weeks." So I'd guess there's at least a few more weeks before it's all said and done
Haha that would make sense but I think they don't do that cause people may withdraw at any instant between now and the first day of class...for whatever crazy reason that may be. Haha but again, I could be wrong here..
But Gina did tell me in an email two weeks ago that they would continue making appointments "over the next several weeks." So I'd guess there's at least a few more weeks before it's all said and done
I noticed on a thread from last year, couldnt tell you exactly where but near the end... someone said something along the lines of "doesn't the waitlist close today" so maybe they had some type of deadline, it may have been the first day of class for all I know.
I noticed on a thread from last year, couldnt tell you exactly where but near the end... someone said something along the lines of "doesn't the waitlist close today" so maybe they had some type of deadline, it may have been the first day of class for all I know.
Ah okay. Well if there is a deadline, it sure would help put an end to this nerve-wracking waiting haha. But if not, eh...not expecting anything anyway. Just glad I got in somewhere at least 👍
I noticed on a thread from last year, couldnt tell you exactly where but near the end... someone said something along the lines of "doesn't the waitlist close today" so maybe they had some type of deadline, it may have been the first day of class for all I know.
That was their first day.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just decided to check on this thread, and there has been a lot of activity! As someone who never got the "touch base" email on the alternate list though, I'm not feeling too optimistic haha.
Just decided to check on this thread, and there has been a lot of activity! As someone who never got the "touch base" email on the alternate list though, I'm not feeling too optimistic haha.
Well they may send out more emails this week so you never know 🙂
Accepted from the WL this week and I'm still over the moon. Mayo is an amazing school and I have a very tough decision to make in the next few days.
It's getting down to the wire but for those still waiting it's definitely not over yet!
Edit: For those wondering, I did get an email asking about my interest a couple weeks ago, part of what looks like the second batch (at least to SDNers).
It's getting down to the wire but for those still waiting it's definitely not over yet!
Edit: For those wondering, I did get an email asking about my interest a couple weeks ago, part of what looks like the second batch (at least to SDNers).
Last edited:
Accepted from the WL this week and I'm still over the moon. Mayo is an amazing school and I have a very tough decision to make in the next few days.
It's getting down to the wire but for those still waiting it's definitely not over yet!
Edit: For those wondering, I did get an email asking about my interest a couple weeks ago, part of what looks like the second batch (at least to SDNers).
Congrats! Good luck with your decision!
Just withdrew. Although I'm confident in my decision, that was a difficult email to send. Mayo is an excellent school and the people there are wonderful.
Good luck to everyone still hanging in there!
Good luck to everyone still hanging in there!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K