-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 Mercer University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Congrats! When does that cycle of interviews start?
Every Tues/Thurs starting Oct. 23rd.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interview invite at the Macon campus! 😀
When were you complete?
Interview invite at the Macon campus! 😀
+1 Just got the call a few minutes ago.
They said October 16 when I asked about when does interviews start?
Maybe that's for Savannah campus?
Maybe that's for Savannah campus?
Recently had my ED interview at the Macon campus and the interviews were pretty laid back. Got asked my opinion on the direction health care is going and what I would do if I were making the decisions. So if you don't have a well formed opinion on that already, I would recommend thinking about it. Otherwise pretty standard questions. Good Luck to the rest of the ED people! Btw they said the adcom meeting was September 27th and phone calls were going out the 28th.
Interview invite call. Earliest dates for Macon are mid November, and for Savannah are mid October
Interview invite call. Earliest dates for Macon are mid November, and for Savannah are mid October
Got a II, but couldnt answer, so they left a message. I was complete August 20th or 21st.
Got a II, but couldnt answer, so they left a message. I was complete August 20th or 21st.
same here, made my interview for oct 16!
Less than 2 weeks to go until we EDPers hear yea or nay!! I can hardly wait!!
It is killing ME! The 28th cannot come fast enough, good or bad, i just really want to know. Definitely hoping good though since they are my number 1 by far.
I'm stoked! I really wish I could fast forward time! hahaOne week to go friends!!! I'm excited and nauseous/nervous at the same time!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently have a bs in medical technology.minor-chemistry.
work-40hrs/wk
Ochem II- spring 2013
mcat-later 2013
how do medical schools view MT? i have worked 6 yrs as a phlebotomist including assisting a pathologist during the last 3 years.MT-3 yrs.
i worked either part-time to full-time jobs.
looking to apply to meharry medical school.
african american female😎
thanks!
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=13097447
work-40hrs/wk
Ochem II- spring 2013
mcat-later 2013
how do medical schools view MT? i have worked 6 yrs as a phlebotomist including assisting a pathologist during the last 3 years.MT-3 yrs.
i worked either part-time to full-time jobs.
looking to apply to meharry medical school.
african american female😎
thanks!
They said the meeting is tomorrow, and we will know yay or nay by FridayThis is my first time posting on SDN. I couldn't resist anymore haha. I come seeking consolation from the agony of waiting. Only two more days until we EDP'ers hear any news. Or would it be by the 1st?
It is finally AD COM meeting day. Good luck to all the EDers
Got the call. 1 and done, I'm IN!!! Good luck to the rest of the ED folks
Congrats to you both!
Congrats guys! It has to feel so good to know! Gotta admit it dropped my stomach a little bit to see that people have already been called. Trying to remain hopeful.
I see what you did there 👍
I see what you did there 👍
Hahaha! I almost put "no pun intended" but then I thought "they are clever enough to get it on their own".
Got the call around 7 from Dr. Innes! Accepted! Good luck for those still waiting to hear back!!!! 😀
I had to work late last night and missed my phone call around 6. I left a message returning the phone call but haven't heard anything back. Do they call everyone that will roll over as well?
They only call people who are accepted. You get an e-mail if you get rolled over.I had to work late last night and missed my phone call around 6. I left a message returning the phone call but haven't heard anything back. Do they call everyone that will roll over as well?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They don't reject anyone who has had an interview until the last AdCom meeting of RD cycle, you either get accepted with a phone call or rolled over to RD through e-mail. If not give them a call to see what's up.So if you dont get a call and you dont get an deferred email, does that mean rejection? It would make my choices easy but I really like MERCER. Come on late phone call lol.
They don't reject anyone who has had an interview until the last AdCom meeting of RD cycle, you either get accepted with a phone call or rolled over to RD through e-mail. If not give them a call to see what's up.
Do you know how the process works for those who are deferred? Or how many are accepted after being rolled over?
For the ED applicants that have interviewed and are rolled-over to RD, you have a chance to get an acceptance at each of the AdCom meetings from here on out. I believe they hold them toward the end of every month. You can call to find out when the meetings are. I don't know how it works for those who did not get an interview invite yet.The number of ED applicants they take after EDP really depends on the strength of the RD pool. And if the earlier poster is correct about 42 being accepted, that leaves approximately 58 slots in the class. Good luck to everyone, hang in there!Do you know how the process works for those who are deferred? Or how many are accepted after being rolled over?
http://youtu.be/OIW84-Q3vA8
What could happen if you attend Mercer. With all the new "surprise" rules that they keep coming up with through your school year that will sabotage your application into every field except ones that are "mission complient". Don't believe me? Just flip to page 4 of the student hand book. Many (but not all) of the senior faculty have a "hidden agenda" at Mercer, and you will find this out as a student but only when it is too late (after you run those loans up really high, usually in your first or second year, depending on how smart you are.) 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 Sad but true.
https://medicine.mercer.edu/mu-medicine/academics/catalogs/upload/studenthandbook.pdf
What could happen if you attend Mercer. With all the new "surprise" rules that they keep coming up with through your school year that will sabotage your application into every field except ones that are "mission complient". Don't believe me? Just flip to page 4 of the student hand book. Many (but not all) of the senior faculty have a "hidden agenda" at Mercer, and you will find this out as a student but only when it is too late (after you run those loans up really high, usually in your first or second year, depending on how smart you are.) 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 Sad but true.
https://medicine.mercer.edu/mu-medicine/academics/catalogs/upload/studenthandbook.pdf
ii complete 9/10
+1
Have any of the early decision accepted applicants received any emails or a packet in the mail from MUSM yet?
Not yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II complete 9/12
would those of you getting interview invites mind sharing your stats? I just got the secondary app and am wondering if I am even competitive enough to apply: 27O, 3.4 sGPA, 3.55 cGPA, lots of extra curriculars, shadowing, and hospital volunteer experience
Haha I'm not so sure SDN would be the best place for you to make a comparison since people's stats here tend to be higher than the average..But I'd definitely apply with your stats 🙂
MSAR stats-
10th-90th percentile: GPA 3.18-3.89 MCAT 24-32
Median: GPA 3.6c/s MCAT 28
Last edited:
Haha I'm not so sure SDN would be the best place for you to make a comparison since people's stats here tend to be higher than the average..But I'd definitely apply with your stats 🙂
MSAR stats-
10th-90th percentile: GPA 3.18-3.89 MCAT 24-32
Median: GPA 3.6c/s MCAT 28
I second that on the applying, go for it!
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
