2012-2013 University of California - Riverside Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who received secondaries. What day did you add UCR or when were you complete?

Added to AMCAS 10/21, received and submitted the secondary 11/8.

Members don't see this ad.

Most annoying secondary ever. I really hope they change it for next year's applicants, because the entire thing is extremely redundant.

Members don't see this ad :)
Most annoying secondary ever. I really hope they change it for next year's applicants, because the entire thing is extremely redundant.

Amen. Annoyingly redundant. Most of this information could be gathered from the primary application. Hoops and loops, the politics of medical admissions.

The good news is that the late addition of UCR to AMCAS in addition to the really long secondary will discourage people from applying :D

EDIT: That sounded super gunner of me haha

The good news is that the late addition of UCR to AMCAS in addition to the really long secondary will discourage people from applying :D

EDIT: That sounded super gunner of me haha

LOL. you just said out loud what everyone else is thinking so whatever. hahahaha

Agreed. NekoBeats you're keepin' it real. That secondary took forever.

Still no secondary. :( I received secondaries from all the UC's (except UCSF...grrr).

i applied late october and got a secondary 2 days ago. so that is less than a 2 week turnover.

i hope, dear god, that UCR is california only.

sorry i want to get in and be in the pioneer class =)

Fewf. That was long.

(reference to secondary, lol)

Anyone else still showing as incomplete? (ie letters not received even after submission of secondary?)

Same no secondary
stats for anyone interested:
3.39 cgpa :)
got secondary from UCI, UCD, presecondary reject from UCLA, UCSD, UCSF

Dang? I wish I got presecondary reject from UCLA and UCSD. I'm still in limbo and I hate it. Tell me you love me or not!! Just tell me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Fewf. That was long.

Anyone else still showing as incomplete? (ie letters not received even after submission of secondary?)

Yup...me too. Even though the email said our applications will now be reviewed...

Fewf. That was long.

Yup...me too. Even though the email said our applications will now be reviewed...

There's only one person (that I know of) at UCR who's responsible for processing the applications, making sure you meet requirements, sending the secondary, collecting the secondary, and marking your file complete. There have been issues in the past when she failed to print out a primary, mistakenly put a person's app on hold because they didn't complete a requirement (when in fact they did), and didn't reply to important emails regarding someone's application. This inefficiency/disorganization does not only include med school applicants, however, as I know some current medical students who are also unhappy with her in admin. She was having difficulty keeping up with things when UCR had the old program with less than 200 applications, so I reallyyy hope they got someone to help her out this year. If you turned everything in and you've been marked incomplete for a while, I highly recommend that you call the office to make sure everything is actually turned in and updated...

Just my two cents.

There's only one person (that I know of) at UCR who's responsible for processing the applications, making sure you meet requirements, sending the secondary, collecting the secondary, and marking your file complete. There have been issues in the past when she failed to print out a primary, mistakenly put a person's app on hold because they didn't complete a requirement (when in fact they did), and didn't reply to important emails regarding someone's application. This inefficiency/disorganization does not only include med school applicants, however, as I know some current medical students who are also unhappy with her in admin. She was having difficulty keeping up with things when UCR had the old program with less than 200 applications, so I reallyyy hope they got someone to help her out this year. If you turned everything in and you've been marked incomplete for a while, I highly recommend that you call the office to make sure everything is actually turned in and updated...

Just my two cents.

Right on. Thank you for the insightful post!

Anyone know if it is required for every question to be answered? The secondary is very similar to UCLA's and they didn't require answers to all prompts. There's one question that I don't really have anything to say...

Fewf. That was long.

First time posting, but yeah, my letters still show as incomplete after submitting my secondary. I saw the other explanation for this so hopefully it just takes a little while and are not actually missing/haven't been sent by AMCAS...

Just got the secondary--added UCR first day it was available on AMCAS

Im curious if anyone knows how many secondaries will be given out. Seems like it would be a relatively low number. Still no secondary for me. IS and from the inland empire.

I'm thinking the opposite. I think quite a few will receive the secondary. The hard part will be cutting down from secondaries -> interviews, since they're only going to interview from Jan-March.

OOS are receiving secondaries too. Just seems like they are on the slow end of things...

IS. Applied October 15, received secondary today.

Finally received my secondary today around noon. IS.

Is it important to fill out every question, or can we leave one blank if we do not have a response for it?

Anyone know if it is required for every question to be answered? The secondary is very similar to UCLA's and they didn't require answers to all prompts. There's one question that I don't really have anything to say...

Is it important to fill out every question, or can we leave one blank if we do not have a response for it?

Will it let you submit if you leave one of the questions blank?

It's best to try and fill it out so that the adcom can get a better sense of who you are. It really depends on the question though. Which one is it?

Last edited:
Yeah, nevermind! It works now. I logged in an hour later and the photo shows up. Thanks though!

It's been 3 hours and my photo still isn't showing up :( I've tried calling, but I guess they're already gone for the holiday..

Should I just assume the photo is there and send or wait until Monday?

It's been 3 hours and my photo still isn't showing up :( I've tried calling, but I guess they're already gone for the holiday..

Should I just assume the photo is there and send or wait until Monday?

If it shows a check mark at the submit section, then you're fine. You can send it in. Or just wait one day and see if it pops up.

So... When do y'all think they'll start inviting for interviews...

So... When do y'all think they'll start inviting for interviews...

Within 3 weeks is my guess since the first interview date is apparently in January.

I'm still trying to fathom how they're going to pick who gets to interview for the 26 seats, out of possibly hundreds and hundreds of secondary applications...

Within 3 weeks is my guess since the first interview date is apparently in January.

I'm still trying to fathom how they're going to pick who gets to interview for the 26 seats, out of possibly hundreds and hundreds of secondary applications...

haha they're working with the Mayo adcoms to see how they do it every year :D

haha they're working with the Mayo adcoms to see how they do it every year :D

Haha that would be awesome, I bet the staff at Riverside is super overwhelmed with applications right now

I was complete a couple weeks ago, but my transcripts are still "missing." Anyone call the adcom office about this? Any advice on what to do?

I added UCR first day it was on AMCAS, and I am yet to receive an email/ any communication that they have received my application.

Anyone else in the same boat? Thinking about calling...

I added UCR first day it was on AMCAS, and I am yet to receive an email/ any communication that they have received my application.

I added it about a week or so after and haven't heard anything if you call let us know what they say

Same here!

Same here!

I'm not sure if you guys will receive any confirmation that they received your application. I didn't either. I added UCR to my AMCAS on November 16th, and received no notice of them receiving my app until they sent me their secondary on November 25th. So I think you guys just haven't gotten a secondary yet, or might not get one.

I don't think UCR sends one of those "we got your app" emails

EDIT: dsk beat me to it!

Yea must not be getting a secondary. OOS here well that was a waste of 34$

Yeah, that's really weird that they aren't sending a train full of secondaries out. I got my secondary a week after I sent in my primary app when I sent it in on the first day, Oct. 15

Yeah, that's really weird that they aren't sending a train full of secondaries out. I got my secondary a week after I sent in my primary app when I sent it in on the first day, Oct. 15

I'm actually not surprised that they're not sending TOO many secondaries out. I feel like they will send out little to no out of state secondaries, simply because their mission is so driven towards serving the inland empire near LA, and the odds of an OOS coming to a brand new school in Riverside over another school may be less likely. Also, they might want to limit secondaries simply because they came out so late with opening will be having a much shorter application/interview season

I'm actually not surprised that they're not sending TOO many secondaries out. I feel like they will send out little to no out of state secondaries, simply because their mission is so driven towards serving the inland empire near LA, and the odds of an OOS coming to a brand new school in Riverside over another school may be less likely. Also, they might want to limit secondaries simply because they came out so late with opening will be having a much shorter application/interview season
Yea I mean I'd totally go there, family just down I15 a little ways but rather no secondary if I have no chance saves me the money

Yea I mean I'd totally go there, family just down I15 a little ways but rather no secondary if I have no chance saves me the money

For sure, good luck at the rest of your schools!:thumbup:

I also added UCR on the first day and haven't received a thing. I'll probably just call. If adding them on the first day isn't a genuine sign of interest, then what is?

Try not to get too down on not receiving a secondary yet you guys. The office is pretty good with answering the phone, so it may be a good idea to call in and make sure that they got your app and sent it to the committee for review.

So... When do y'all think they'll start inviting for
I received my II the other day. Since I am a ucr student I do not know if it is the same for non-ucr student.

So... When do y'all think they'll start inviting for
I received my II the other day. Since I am a ucr student I do not know if it is the same for non-ucr student.

Uh ohh.. I'm alum with no news yet :scared:

edit: apparently my reviewer is still looking through my file to determine if I'm worthy of an II...ahh

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.