You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of California - Riverside Application Thread
Started by broadway007
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many of you that have gotten secondaries are not UCR students? I submitted before November and have nothing yet. I didn't even get an AMCAS confirmation that they received my app. When I called they said my application is still under review.
This was asked somewhere on the second page. Almost everyone who posted that they received the secondary is non-ucr.
Also, when I talked to the office, I was told that they've changed the selection process for this year. This has made the review time for each applicant file even longer, so there's really nothing to do except wait more :/ I'm not sure why they changed everything, but I'm assuming it's so they can better choose the 50 people for the inaugural class. Good luck!
When are interview invites going to happen?
looks like they might be super selective with their interviews because there are only 48 spots.. I hope they hurry up
Pleaseeee give me an II Rside!
ftfy 😉
looks like they might be super selective with their interviews because there are only 50 spots.. I hope they hurry up
ftfy 😉
I submitted my secondary and paid the fee sometime during the first week of November. My application fee still dosent show up, and it still has red exclamation points next to "application fee" and "submission." I havent received a complete email either. Is anyone else having this problem?
I called the admissions office and they assured me that my secondary was currently in review.
I called the admissions office and they assured me that my secondary was currently in review.
I'd guess for the spots that are open to non-UCR alum it will be maybe 100 applicants interview, about 50-60 accepted, and 26 matriculate
I would guess that they'll accept a little bit more, since they'll start sending out acceptances in January at the earliest, and by then people usually have multiple acceptances to choose from
eh, IdkI submitted my secondary and paid the fee sometime during the first week of November. My application fee still dosent show up, and it still has red exclamation points next to "application fee" and "submission." I havent received a complete email either. Is anyone else having this problem?
I called the admissions office and they assured me that my secondary was currently in review.
If you called and the lady told you it's in review, I think you're fine. They probably just didn't bother updating the online portal because there are way too many applicants for the staff to keep up with.
If you called and the lady told you it's in review, I think you're fine. They probably just didn't bother updating the online portal because there are way too many applicants for the staff to keep up with.
Thanks, I just needed some reassurance. Every time i log in and see those red exclamation points, I freak out
lolUCR alum, secondary invite Oct 5 (paper version sent to me as the online version wasn't up yet) mailed in after Sandy passed through NY, interview invite 12/3 for Jan
Wow, congrats! I hope they are still giving interviews. Would love the chance to stay near home.
Got an interview! UCSD, complete 11/12.
Quick tip: I DID NOT get an e-mail about this invitation. I happened to log-in to UCR, and there was a header labeled interview. I clicked on that.
Wish you guys luck!
Quick tip: I DID NOT get an e-mail about this invitation. I happened to log-in to UCR, and there was a header labeled interview. I clicked on that.
Wish you guys luck!
anyone else weirded out that the secondary invite is titled "UCR/UCLA haider program secondary"?
Just submitted and again, it said thanks for submitting for the haider program...
It's like having 2 applications to UCLA! Double your pleasure, double your fun.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got an interview! UCSD, complete 11/12.
Quick tip: I DID NOT get an e-mail about this invitation. I happened to log-in to UCR, and there was a header labeled interview. I clicked on that.
Wish you guys luck!
Me personally, I would not do anything until I received instructions from UCR.
I would not want to do anything until they instructed me lest they think I cannot follow a simple set of instructions.
There are other med schools (like Howard) who get upset when you submit applications or do things without them sending instructions to you.
Just my .02
Edit: Just want to say, proceed with caution.
Me personally, I would not do anything until I received instructions from UCR.
I would not want to do anything until they instructed me lest they think I cannot follow a simple set of instructions.
There are other med schools (like Howard) who get upset when you submit applications or do things without them sending instructions to you.
Just my .02
Edit: Just want to say, proceed with caution.
Probably good advice. Tread carefully! You probably did get an interview, but either just wait for the email or call and confirm just to be safe.
Do you guys think its too late to submit my secondary? I got it on 11/26 but haven't had time, my finals end monday though!
Do you guys think its too late to submit my secondary? I got it on 11/26 but haven't had time, my finals end monday though!
Well its a pretty long secondary. If you feel like you can get it done quickly, i would submit it ASAP. Interviews will start in January, so invites are probably going out already this month
II here as well! Complete mid-Nov. Average MCAT, low low low GPA. Very unexpected but very excited.
Congrats! Are you a UCR student/alum? Ahh, I was complete on 11/28, hoping to hear some good news soon!!!
Congrats! Are you a UCR student/alum? Ahh, I was complete on 11/28, hoping to hear some good news soon!!!
Nope. Not a UCR alum, but am from one of the other ships from the UC fleet. 🙂
Got my first II today! Thank you UCR! From CA, but not an alum. Complete late November. Also, fyi there were several January dates still available 🙂
Interview invite today. IS, CSU alum, 3.8 gpa science and cum, 36 mcat, good research and other E.C.s lacking in clinical. Honestly I wasn't expecting to hear back from them since I submitted late November even though I received the secondary almost a month prior. I would recommend to anyone who has the secondary and is sitting on it because you think it is too late to submit to just do so if you still need an acceptance. Good luck guys. Hopefully they will offer some financial assistance since it is a new school!
Do you guys think its too late to submit my secondary? I got it on 11/26 but haven't had time, my finals end monday though!
I decided to submit it today after sitting on it for over a month. Might as well if you've already submitted UCLA's. The first interviews have literally just gone out, so it can't hurt.
Are transcripts supposed to be missing? I never sent transcripts to UCR.. It says that my application is complete though. Anybody know what's going on?
I had the same problem with the transcripts status, but after emailing them they assured me everything was in order and not to worry about the status page for documents. Email or call them if you're worried but I think you're fine
D
deleted438534
II today, scheduled for 1/26, re applicant to Haider, UCR alumni. Secondary submitted Oct 3rd. Good luck to everyone.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone replied to the interview invite or interview confirmation emails.
In the interview invite, it says to "To secure your scheduled interview date, please confirm that you are attending via email to [someone]@ucr.edu.". Then I got the confirmation email. Just wondering if it is necessary for me to send them a confirmation email....seems redundant?
In the interview invite, it says to "To secure your scheduled interview date, please confirm that you are attending via email to [someone]@ucr.edu.". Then I got the confirmation email. Just wondering if it is necessary for me to send them a confirmation email....seems redundant?
Received Interview Invite today at 1:36PM, alumni from another UC. Secondary submitted around first week of November, IS, GPA: 3.74, MCAT balanced 31M. Wish everyone else good luck!
UCRSOM only interview on Saturdays and each interview day contains two slots for interviewees to sign up for. For anyone who want an idea how much spots are left: Jan Interview slots are full, Feb two days with one slot left and one day with two slots, March there are two days both with two slots left. In total there are 8 slots left. (I signed up at around 10:00pm)
I signed up for Feb 9th,Slot B, hope to see some SDNers there! Not sure if they are still sending secondaries.
UCRSOM only interview on Saturdays and each interview day contains two slots for interviewees to sign up for. For anyone who want an idea how much spots are left: Jan Interview slots are full, Feb two days with one slot left and one day with two slots, March there are two days both with two slots left. In total there are 8 slots left. (I signed up at around 10:00pm)
I signed up for Feb 9th,Slot B, hope to see some SDNers there! Not sure if they are still sending secondaries.
Last edited:
Received Interview Invite today at 1:36PM, alumni from another UC. Secondary submitted around first week of November, IS, GPA: 3.74, MCAT balanced 31M. Wish everyone else good luck!
UCRSOM only interview on Saturdays and each interview day contains two slots for interviewees to sign up for. For anyone who want an idea how many spots are left: Jan Interview slots are full, Feb two days with one slot left and one day with two slots, March there are two days both with two slots left. In total there are 8 slots left. (I signed up at around 10:00pm)
I signed up for Feb 9th,Slot B, hope to see some SDNers there! Not sure if they are still sending secondaries.
UCRSOM only interview on Saturdays and each interview day contains two slots for interviewees to sign up for. For anyone who want an idea how many spots are left: Jan Interview slots are full, Feb two days with one slot left and one day with two slots, March there are two days both with two slots left. In total there are 8 slots left. (I signed up at around 10:00pm)
I signed up for Feb 9th,Slot B, hope to see some SDNers there! Not sure if they are still sending secondaries.
Last edited:
holy crap there are only 8 more invites to go out? or is it essentially 8 different days to sign up?
I think he/she meant that slot = group. Last year there were two groups (one AM and one PM) per interview day with 12 people in each group.
Yap that's what I meant. So 5 interview days and Eight slots = Eight groups left. So if Nekobeats is correct, there will be 96 interview invites left.
Last edited:
Yap that's what I meant. So 5 interview days and Eight slots = Eight groups left. So if Nekobeats is correct, there will be 96 interview invites left.
Ohhh ok haha. Makes me a feel a little bit better. Thanks for the clarification!
ok this thread made me feel a little better... got the secondary invite amidst so much other work/school/other med stuff/life going on, I have been sitting on it over a month or so now 🙁 maybe over 30 days so I wasn't even going to fill it out. I will make it a goal during the break since I freed myself up from all other responsibilities 🙂
X
Last edited:
So for the one that says Have you receieved any honors in college- Say I check No (I really haven't)
then the next question asks whats the most important honor I have received in life? Any chance I could write N/A or something lol, I'm dreading turning in this secondary and I don't have any honors :[ people hate me =[
then the next question asks whats the most important honor I have received in life? Any chance I could write N/A or something lol, I'm dreading turning in this secondary and I don't have any honors :[ people hate me =[
So for the one that says Have you receieved any honors in college- Say I check No (I really haven't)
then the next question asks whats the most important honor I have received in life? Any chance I could write N/A or something lol, I'm dreading turning in this secondary and I don't have any honors :[ people hate me =[
it'll allow you to submit with blank questions, so you should be able to just check no and not write anything.
Almost done with the secondary, man it sucks haha. But this school is worth it!! 2 more essays to go, should finish by tomorrow, hopefully its not too late!
Almost done with the secondary, man it sucks haha. But this school is worth it!! 2 more essays to go, should finish by tomorrow, hopefully its not too late!
I don't think it's too late, but get it in soon! I just got an interview invite today. I wasn't expecting it since I thought most people would take this week off. I'm not scheduled until late Feb, but I'm excited regardless. I would love to stay in California.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I don't think it's too late, but get it in soon! I just got an interview invite today. I wasn't expecting it since I thought most people would take this week off. I'm not scheduled until late Feb, but I'm excited regardless. I would love to stay in California.
Were you able to choose your own interview day? or was it assigned? If you were able to choose, do you mind saying which/how many other days were open?
Were you able to choose your own interview day? or was it assigned? If you were able to choose, do you mind saying which/how many other days were open?
I was able to choose, but the earliest available date was 2/23, both sessions. I didn't check the calendar for after those dates though, so I can't tell you more than that. Sorry!
I was able to choose, but the earliest available date was 2/23, both sessions. I didn't check the calendar for after those dates though, so I can't tell you more than that. Sorry!
its all good, thanks for the info and congrats on your II!🙂
still working on this beast. what did you all do for the end date of an ongoing activity? just put like june 2013? and then hours total would just be what we have completed to date or what we expect to complete by then? hmmm..
edit: problem solved
edit: problem solved
Last edited:
Anyone else having difficulty filling out the app. I'm just about done but its not letting me have a cursor in any of the textboxes, for schools, it says no data entered, and there is no upload box for the photo :/
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K