You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 UC Riverside
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
minimumtrbl
New Member
+1 IS II !
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im sorry if this is a redundant question, so on average they take 4 weeks from interview for a decision? If so, at this point anyone interviewing going straight to the waitlist due to how late is is in the cycle? or how does it work? Any insight is appreciated!
neurotypicalemt302
Full Member
Depends on if you are a UCR alum (Haider), I interviewed in November and am still waiting, otherwise some people have hear back within a month while others just get strung alongIm sorry if this is a redundant question, so on average they take 4 weeks from interview for a decision? If so, at this point anyone interviewing going straight to the waitlist due to how late is is in the cycle? or how does it work? Any insight is appreciated!
ser0phanes
New Member
i interviewed 11/20 and received my A on 12/9! but i also know a friend who interviewed early november and is still waiting as wellHello, has anyone interviewed on 11/04 or later and received a decision? I'm still waiting 😕 . Thanks
neurotypicalemt302
Full Member
Seems like if you are a Haider you will be waiting longer, I’m in the same boat, otherwise I have no clue. UCR also appears to be trash with post ii decision timingHello, has anyone interviewed on 11/04 or later and received a decision? I'm still waiting 😕 . Thanks
Congratulations! Is your friend a Haider or a regular MD applicant?i interviewed 11/20 and received my A on 12/9! but i also know a friend who interviewed early november and is still waiting as well
Regular MD applicant 😕. But I agree with you, this is taking too long. We're already in mid-February! Over 3 months since my interview.Seems like if you are a Haider you will be waiting longer, I’m in the same boat, otherwise I have no clue. UCR also appears to be trash with post ii decision timing
neurotypicalemt302
Full Member
I sent them an email on a throwaway and they responded saying that “Haider acceptances started December 16th and they’re on a rolling basis. We hope to have a decision for you in the next few weeks.” All we can do is wait lolRegular MD applicant 😕. But I agree with you, this is taking too long. We're already in mid-February! Over 3 months since my interview.
ser0phanes
New Member
regular applicant! and tysm !! i honestly think my ties to IE hard-carried my application lolCongratulations! Is your friend a Haider or a regular MD applicant?
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
Haider here interviewed 11/6 no decision yet
How soon is too soon to send a letter of intent?
seniormoses
New Member
Did anyone else interview recently for PRIME while being on the WL? Is that normal? I feel like how can I be in the running still for PRIME if WL movement doesn't usually happen till April or May?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SoccerGorl
Full Member
I believe PRIME is technically separate in that they do their own interviews. You still have to be admitted to the school to be get into PRIME tho.Did anyone else interview recently for PRIME while being on the WL? Is that normal? I feel like how can I be in the running still for PRIME if WL movement doesn't usually happen till April or May?
SoccerGorl
Full Member
Pls like this post if you are still waiting for an ii or pre ii R at this point. Just wanna know who else is in the same boat.
oddfeature
New Member
In the exact same boat, but had an interview OOS. Hopefully will hear back soon, unfortunate that there aren't enough schools here in cali, would love to stay here but oh well.Pls like this post if you are still waiting for an ii or pre ii R at this point. Just wanna know who else is in the same boat.
seniormoses
New Member
I know I just think it’s a little odd. Does anyone know if the WL ever moves before late April? Should I expect nothing until then at least?I believe PRIME is technically separate in that they do their own interviews. You still have to be admitted to the school to be get into PRIME tho.
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
any haider applicants get news yet?
Non Haider...interviewed on 11/04...nothing...I did attend UCR for 4 quarters, not the required 6 for Haider applicants...I applied regular MD, but maybe they threw my application in the Haider file....who knows.any haider applicants get news yet?
neurotypicalemt302
Full Member
Us haiders are destined for no news until March or April, not sure why UCR treats its own like this…any haider applicants get news yet?
seniormoses
New Member
I’m a haider who interviewed in oct and got a WL in December.Us haiders are destined for no news until March or April, not sure why UCR treats its own like this…
TheguythatdrivesEVs
Full Member
i think all of us who interviewed in november haven't received any decision yetI’m a haider who interviewed in oct and got a WL in December.
Last edited:
praying4UC
New Member
i got reg md interview 12/6 and ive heard absolutely nothing from them so far. i also had prime interview on 1/15 again no word 💔 . but from everything im seeing i should just be expecting WL in march? idk anyone in a similar situation and got an A?
sockscat19
Full Member
does anyone know if ucr is still giving out interviews or if they are pretty much done? do they take pre-ii letters?
docflavorz
Full Member
Hi! Do ya’ll know roughly how long post interview for UCR to get back to applicants on a decision? Non haider! I’m assuming it probably varies greatly huh 😅
When did you interview? I interviewed on 11/04 and haven't heard anything.Hi! Do ya’ll know roughly how long post interview for UCR to get back to applicants on a decision? Non haider! I’m assuming it probably varies greatly huh 😅
neurotypicalemt302
Full Member
I’m gonna email them from my burner email again on Monday since it’s been 4 months for me tooHi! Do ya’ll know roughly how long post interview for UCR to get back to applicants on a decision? Non haider! I’m assuming it probably varies greatly huh 😅
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bulbasaur09
Full Member
Waiting post-interview too. Any idea when the next round of acceptances may come out?
docflavorz
Full Member
I actually interviewed beg of Feb so fairly recent but I was just wondering hahaWhen did you interview? I interviewed on 11/04 and haven't heard anything.
moonprincess
New Member
pre-ii IS socal rejection just around 8:30pm, good luck to everyone still waiting on decisions!!
SoccerGorl
Full Member
I am still waiting on them pre-ii. Sorry about the R. 🙁 It's tough for us CA applicants. When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?pre-ii IS socal rejection just around 8:30pm, good luck to everyone still waiting on decisions!!
moonprincess
New Member
I submitted my primary early june got my secondary on 07/17 and then submitted my secondary 07/24I am still waiting on them pre-ii. Sorry about the R. 🙁 It's tough for us CA applicants. When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?
Bulbasaur09
Full Member
Expecting post-interview decisions after the pre-interview rejection wave that happened yesterday 😮💨 (based on last year's thread)
It looks like the majority of the post-interview decisions will be waitlisted, and in May, they decide who to take off the waitlist.Expecting post-interview decisions after the pre-interview rejection wave that happened yesterday 😮💨 (based on last year's thread)
distributedganglia
New Member
Also still waiting pre-ii :,) wondering if there will be another R wave next week like last yearI am still waiting on them pre-ii. Sorry about the R. 🙁 It's tough for us CA applicants. When did you apply if you don't mind me asking?
How do you know that?It looks like the majority of the post-interview decisions will be waitlisted, and in May, they decide who to take off the waitlist.
Bulbasaur09
Full Member
I wonder if this is also true for Feb & March interviews since it seems we haven't gotten any news yet. Last year there were a couple acceptances in March in their SDN page.It looks like the majority of the post-interview decisions will be waitlisted, and in May, they decide who to take off the waitlist.
Just an observation from last year's cycle on Admit.org.How do you know that?
SoccerGorl
Full Member
Same here pre ii and dont know how I made it past this R waveAlso still waiting pre-ii :,) wondering if there will be another R wave next week like last year
Bulbasaur09
Full Member
+1 Waitlist: IS, non-Haider, no IE ties
docflavorz
Full Member
When did you interview? Sorry to hear that but hoping for the best and that you get off the waitlist!!+1 Waitlist: IS, non-Haider, no IE ties
Bulbasaur09
Full Member
Hey thanks! I'm feeling grateful to still be in the running. I interviewed 2/7When did you interview? Sorry to hear that but hoping for the best and that you get off the waitlist!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
neurotypicalemt302
Full Member
Crazy to see they give decisions for most non Haiders within a month but Haiders have to wait 4+ months, hoping the best for your waitlistHey thanks! I'm feeling grateful to still be in the running. I interviewed 2/7
Bulbasaur09
Full Member
Thanks! Yes, I can only imagine waiting for that long can be difficult. They told us 3-4 weeks during my interview info sesh/debrief which ended up being the case. I also imagine decisions have a quicker turnaround time now since they might have a larger pool of interviews to compare to.Crazy to see they give decisions for most non Haiders within a month but Haiders have to wait 4+ months, hoping the best for your waitlist
ser0phanes
New Member
in case any PRIME applicants have been anxiously waiting as i have, i reached out to the admissions team about decision timelines, and it looks like any applicants who interviewed for PRIME mid- to late-january will likely hear back by the end of this month!
distributedganglia
New Member
I reached out to them last friday to ask if there will be any additional iis sent out, and they responded earlier this afternoon just saying my app is still pending review and that they'll advise me once they've made a decision ;-; not sure how to feel abt this at allSame here pre ii and dont know how I made it past this R wave
SoccerGorl
Full Member
I think that's just their generic response. I know that this is the last month for interviews so I will hold out hope for maybe another week. Would love to stay IS but it is what it is.I reached out to them last friday to ask if there will be any additional iis sent out, and they responded earlier this afternoon just saying my app is still pending review and that they'll advise me once they've made a decision ;-; not sure how to feel abt this at all