2025-2026 UC Riverside

Started by chilly_md
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think that's just their generic response. I know that this is the last month for interviews so I will hold out hope for maybe another week. Would love to stay IS but it is what it is.
Same!! I've made it through each of their rejection waves and would love to stay IS and close to home too. Do you think any interview is just interviewing for a WL spot at this point?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same!! I've made it through each of their rejection waves and would love to stay IS and close to home too. Do you think any interview is just interviewing for a WL spot at this point?
If I get anymore ii's I will just try to go in with the mindset it's for an A unless specifically told.
 
Do you guys think all post secondary decisions right now are either a WL or a R? Or will we still see acceptances ?
 
Does anyone know if there will be March interviews like previous years?
Their website says they interview to March. I am holding out hope for an ii this week and then will be setting my expectations if I don't hear anything by Friday. Unless another R wave happens this week, but at least I will finally know. The waiting game and surviving R waves is awful since its literally March.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are any non-Haider applicants who interviewed still waiting for an answer? I interviewed on 11/04 and nothing so far.
same here, i emailed them on my fake email earlier this week and they were unable to provide a time frame, they just said "we ask for your continued patience" lol

genuinely the most ridiculous experience I have had with any medical school
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m starting to think most if not all of the haiders that interviewed post November or December are gonna get the WL or R (speaking from experience) there’s only like 25 spots and it’s very likely they filled it for now, not sure why this school does this but oh well
 
I’m starting to think most if not all of the haiders that interviewed post November or December are gonna get the WL or R (speaking from experience) there’s only like 25 spots and it’s very likely they filled it for now, not sure why this school does this but oh well
Yeah, it could very possibly be. I hope I’m right on the waitlist cuz so far from admit it looks like most people who are accepted there have other better schools options. Hopefully they choose other schools. UCR is my top choice rn.
 
Yeah, it could very possibly be. I hope I’m right on the waitlist cuz so far from admit it looks like most people who are accepted there have other better schools options. Hopefully they choose other schools. UCR is my top choice rn.
Im sorry to hear you got waitlisted, have you sent in a Letter of Intent being this is your top choice?
I feel like that really helped me get accepted here.
 
Got an open house email invitation earlier today, but I’m waitlisted. Wasn’t sure if this is sent to all applicants but FYI. It’s not a special link attached to my app so assuming this is a general link, haha.
 
Got an open house email invitation earlier today, but I’m waitlisted. Wasn’t sure if this is sent to all applicants but FYI. It’s not a special link attached to my app so assuming this is a general link, haha.
Yeah, I got this. Waitlisted as well. Last year, they did have a special session for accepted students. Hoping we get that A :')
 
you still are considered haider im pretty sure.
from my understanding as an alum and also from applying to haider, the thomas haider app is completely separate. you do not apply thru amcas at all. if you apply haider, atleast when i applied you cannot apply to other schools and you basically are locked in with UCR. that’s why i applied b4 i applied reg cycle. they do set aside some seats for haider and also do favor alumni but just because im an alum doesnt mean i’m automatically applying thru haider.

ok edit im the idiot. ur right!! thank u for the info!!
 
Last edited:
from my understanding as an alum and also from applying to haider, the thomas haider app is completely separate. you do not apply thru amcas at all. if you apply haider, atleast when i applied you cannot apply to other schools and you basically are locked in with UCR. that’s why i applied b4 i applied reg cycle. they do set aside some seats for haider and also do favor alumni but just because im an alum doesnt mean i’m automatically applying thru haider.

ok edit im the idiot. ur right!! thank u for the info!!
you're mixing up haider and EAP
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m starting to think most if not all of the haiders that interviewed post November or December are gonna get the WL or R (speaking from experience) there’s only like 25 spots and it’s very likely they filled it for now, not sure why this school does this but oh well
Why would they cap the Haider people like that? Wouldn't they just be looking for the strongest mission fit applicants?
 
Why would they cap the Haider people like that? Wouldn't they just be looking for the strongest mission fit applicants?
That’s a good question to ask them, I think it’s not in their best interest, but from what I know online and with students I know at UCR, they reserve these seats for haiders specifically and subsequently they have their own cycle, this explains why almost every Haider here waited months to hear back while normal applicants (usually) heard back within a month or two. I could also be wrong as I’m just an applicant sharing info I’ve heard or seen. It would’ve been better (and more ethical) to just have all of us in one cycle. With that being said, I do think there’s strong waitlist movement, since MSAR shows like 35% acceptance rate from waitlist (could be outdated) and because it’s likely that these small number of seats currently occupied may open up as these applicants choose other schools
 
That’s a good question to ask them, I think it’s not in their best interest, but from what I know online and with students I know at UCR, they reserve these seats for haiders specifically and subsequently they have their own cycle, this explains why almost every Haider here waited months to hear back while normal applicants (usually) heard back within a month or two. I could also be wrong as I’m just an applicant sharing info I’ve heard or seen. It would’ve been better (and more ethical) to just have all of us in one cycle. With that being said, I do think there’s strong waitlist movement, since MSAR shows like 35% acceptance rate from waitlist (could be outdated) and because it’s likely that these small number of seats currently occupied may open up as these applicants choose other schools
Good points thanks. I'm not a haider so i'll defer to you for the word around UCR

If they did cap the Haider-program like this, I would speculate and say that the program is somewhat outdated then. Perhaps one decade ago when UCR-SOM was formed, there weren't enough pre-med students who grew up in the Inland Empire. Now, however, there are hundreds of IE natives who apply each year. (a bit over 300 according to CUSM application data, assuming that MD applicants to UCR also apply to CUSM). With a pool that large, perhaps UCR wants to prioritize those natives as they have a 10 years of data to show who will stay in the inland empire. This would then result in what you have said, where they accept the minimum amount of Haider in a VERY long cycle, while WL everyone else, and then leaving the rest of the slots for traditional applicants. If they can find enough strong applicants who are mission fit and from the IE, i'm not sure why the Haider program should even still exist.