-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Florida Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
how many people are interviewing each day in these early weeks?
Thanks! I've got an interview on 9/7 and I'm so excited! I'll let everyone know how it is.Here we go! First week of interviews, good luck all you 9/7ers... Please post details if your experience afterwards!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did any of you guys who have already received an interview invite get the file complete status after 7/30?
Also, where do I check to see if my file is complete? On my UF secodary dashboard when I am logged in, it says: "App complete - Your application is ready". Is this considered the same as the file complete status they refer to in the email after they have received your application and are in the process of reviewing it? And how do you guys find out the date it got complete? I didn't take note of it when I submitted the app and now I have come back to check when it got updated to a file complete status (I know it was a mistake on my part not to take note of this orignally!).
Also, where do I check to see if my file is complete? On my UF secodary dashboard when I am logged in, it says: "App complete - Your application is ready". Is this considered the same as the file complete status they refer to in the email after they have received your application and are in the process of reviewing it? And how do you guys find out the date it got complete? I didn't take note of it when I submitted the app and now I have come back to check when it got updated to a file complete status (I know it was a mistake on my part not to take note of this orignally!).
When did people receiving interviews complete their secondaries?
I think the "file complete" is referred to an e-mail they have sent saying that you're complete. However, I never received the e-mail but I got an interview invite so I wouldn't worry too much.Did any of you guys who have already received an interview invite get the file complete status after 7/30?
Also, where do I check to see if my file is complete? On my UF secodary dashboard when I am logged in, it says: "App complete - Your application is ready". Is this considered the same as the file complete status they refer to in the email after they have received your application and are in the process of reviewing it? And how do you guys find out the date it got complete? I didn't take note of it when I submitted the app and now I have come back to check when it got updated to a file complete status (I know it was a mistake on my part not to take note of this orignally!).
When I looked back at my secondary, there are green check marks on all the sections except the upload photo section which is red. However, when I click on the photo tab, my pic is alreadly uploaded.. So im wondering if something like this would delay my application. I did receive a complete email 1 day after I submitted my app though. Any thoughts or suggestions?
maybe less than 20? im actually just guessing..anyone else have an idea?how many people are interviewing each day in these early weeks?
I had the same issue with the picture upload, got an interview invite so it's not a problem. Don't worry about it.When I looked back at my secondary, there are green check marks on all the sections except the upload photo section which is red. However, when I click on the photo tab, my pic is alreadly uploaded.. So im wondering if something like this would delay my application. I did receive a complete email 1 day after I submitted my app though. Any thoughts or suggestions?
Good luck to all you interviewees! If there are any last minute questions, feel free to PM me. If it's anything like last year, remember to use the restroom and get yourself straighten up at lunch. I was hustling between interviews in the afternoon.
See you all at lunch tomorrow.
See you all at lunch tomorrow.
good luck! wish I could be there to meet you all but we have class elections tomorrow gahhh. best of luck and don't worry, interview day is chill. just let your mind soak it all in 🙂.
ps: tcritty, gatorman8...is it sad that i don't know who you guys are? :-/ ::sigh::
ps: tcritty, gatorman8...is it sad that i don't know who you guys are? :-/ ::sigh::
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nervous and excited for my interview next Friday. First of the cycle AHHH!!!
Anybody mind giving a quick rundown of the day? What did you think of the mood of the interview? Was it pretty relaxed?
Anybody mind giving a quick rundown of the day? What did you think of the mood of the interview? Was it pretty relaxed?
Nervous and excited for my interview next Friday. First of the cycle AHHH!!!
Anybody mind giving a quick rundown of the day? What did you think of the mood of the interview? Was it pretty relaxed?
+1... same here, I can't believe it's less than a week a way...
Anyone who interviewed this past week, please give us any info on what to expect. I was so excited when I got the call, I could barely pay attention to what they said about the interview day :-x
I submitted my secondary on 8/6 but never got an email or status update that my application is complete. When I click on "Communication Status," my lastest status is, "Your Secondary Application has been received." Should I be expecting another update under "Communication Status" detailing the completion of my application? I've got all green checks when I click on Home; is this all I should expect?
I submitted my secondary on 8/6 but never got an email or status update that my application is complete. When I click on "Communication Status," my lastest status is, "Your Secondary Application has been received." Should I be expecting another update under "Communication Status" detailing the completion of my application? I've got all green checks when I click on Home; is this all I should expect?
I got my interview invitation without ever receiving a "complete" email. I think that if you go to the "Home" and see a check mark by "App Complete" that means you're complete and ready for review. Good luck!
Last edited:
Same exact thing with me except I submitted on 8/11. I called UF and they said that everything was submitted and it was now in their court to respond. I have not heard anything back from them yet so I wouldn't sweat it just yet!I submitted my secondary on 8/6 but never got an email or status update that my application is complete. When I click on "Communication Status," my lastest status is, "Your Secondary Application has been received." Should I be expecting another update under "Communication Status" detailing the completion of my application? I've got all green checks when I click on Home; is this all I should expect?
Has anyone who submitted after 7/30 heard back from UF yet with either an II or a rejection?
I was complete 7/31 and haven't heard anything yet. Kind of getting nervous even though I am 1. currently an undergrad here, 2. have 3.9, 3. have a 36 :\ come on UF!Has anyone who submitted after 7/30 heard back from UF yet with either an II or a rejection?
Has anyone who submitted after 7/30 heard back from UF yet with either an II or a rejection?
I submitted 9/5 and heard back today with an II.
Can someone else who's gotten an II tell me how long it takes to get the email? When I talked with Leila on the phone I was under the impression that I'd be getting it right after the call but so far no dice. Should I call them to ask about it? I'm only saying this cause my interview is in 2 weeks and I wanted to schedule a mock interview before that, and my school requires me to show them an interview invitation to schedule those.
Took a few hrs for mine
Took a few hrs for mine
Cool. If I don't get it this weekend I'll call them on Monday.
Can't go to sleep, so excited/nervous for tomorrow.
Thanks for the replies guys! Good luck to all of you interviewing!
Excited to see/meet all of you tomorrow! (technically today but whatever you get my drift)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
are we supposed to pay the $30 fee twice? Once for the professional school application and once for the secondary? Or do we just pay once?
are we supposed to pay the $30 fee twice? Once for the professional school application and once for the secondary? Or do we just pay once?
Both
.
Last edited:
Here's an interesting one:
I did my undergrad here at UF then stayed for a PhD which I'm about to finish in Dec. The PhD took 4.5 years. Application completed 7/18. Most recent MCAT was a 30R. I have a lot of GPAs. Check 'em out:
Undergrad:
sGPA = 2.93 cGPA = 3.07
Post bac:
sGPA = 3.85 cGPA = 3.85
Graduate:
sGPA = 3.82 cGPA = 3.83
All of this, overall, combined:
sGPA = 3.11 cGPA = 3.19
The point of this post is to encourage other non-trads to give it a shot. I NEVER thought I'd be interviewed after having a terrible 3rd year in undergrad resulting in what you can see above, but I guess the COM really does care more about my 4+ years of consistent good grades in grad school as opposed to my stumbling within the middle of my 4 years of undergrad. A lot of people, including faculty members, told me they wouldn't.
For the traditional students, DON'T load up your schedule with a part time job plus tons of shadowing, volunteering, and leadership activities. Just do a few consistently. That was my mistake. It's not worth the bullet to your GPA if you end up overexerting yourself, and it's not fun having to explain yourself. Look how little the graduate and post bac GPAs affected the bottom combined one. I consider myself very lucky. However, we all know that an interview is by no means a guarantee. My fingers are tightly crossed.
I'll see some of you on Sept 28. Good luck everyone! Waiting in limbo is the pits. Keep your head up, and don't become bitter.
I did my undergrad here at UF then stayed for a PhD which I'm about to finish in Dec. The PhD took 4.5 years. Application completed 7/18. Most recent MCAT was a 30R. I have a lot of GPAs. Check 'em out:
Undergrad:
sGPA = 2.93 cGPA = 3.07
Post bac:
sGPA = 3.85 cGPA = 3.85
Graduate:
sGPA = 3.82 cGPA = 3.83
All of this, overall, combined:
sGPA = 3.11 cGPA = 3.19
The point of this post is to encourage other non-trads to give it a shot. I NEVER thought I'd be interviewed after having a terrible 3rd year in undergrad resulting in what you can see above, but I guess the COM really does care more about my 4+ years of consistent good grades in grad school as opposed to my stumbling within the middle of my 4 years of undergrad. A lot of people, including faculty members, told me they wouldn't.
For the traditional students, DON'T load up your schedule with a part time job plus tons of shadowing, volunteering, and leadership activities. Just do a few consistently. That was my mistake. It's not worth the bullet to your GPA if you end up overexerting yourself, and it's not fun having to explain yourself. Look how little the graduate and post bac GPAs affected the bottom combined one. I consider myself very lucky. However, we all know that an interview is by no means a guarantee. My fingers are tightly crossed.
I'll see some of you on Sept 28. Good luck everyone! Waiting in limbo is the pits. Keep your head up, and don't become bitter.
Awesome, congrats! Great inspiration for others. See you on the 28th 🙂Here's an interesting one:
I did my undergrad here at UF then stayed for a PhD which I'm about to finish in Dec. The PhD took 4.5 years. Application completed 7/18. Most recent MCAT was a 30R. I have a lot of GPAs. Check 'em out:
Undergrad:
sGPA = 2.93 cGPA = 3.07
Post bac:
sGPA = 3.85 cGPA = 3.85
Graduate:
sGPA = 3.82 cGPA = 3.83
All of this, overall, combined:
sGPA = 3.11 cGPA = 3.19
The point of this post is to encourage other non-trads to give it a shot. I NEVER thought I'd be interviewed after having a terrible 3rd year in undergrad resulting in what you can see above, but I guess the COM really does care more about my 4+ years of consistent good grades in grad school as opposed to my stumbling within the middle of my 4 years of undergrad. A lot of people, including faculty members, told me they wouldn't.
For the traditional students, DON'T load up your schedule with a part time job plus tons of shadowing, volunteering, and leadership activities. Just do a few consistently. That was my mistake. It's not worth the bullet to your GPA if you end up overexerting yourself, and it's not fun having to explain yourself. Look how little the graduate and post bac GPAs affected the bottom combined one. I consider myself very lucky. However, we all know that an interview is by no means a guarantee. My fingers are tightly crossed.
I'll see some of you on Sept 28. Good luck everyone! Waiting in limbo is the pits. Keep your head up, and don't become bitter.
Here's an interesting one:
I did my undergrad here at UF then stayed for a PhD which I'm about to finish in Dec. The PhD took 4.5 years. Application completed 7/18. Most recent MCAT was a 30R. I have a lot of GPAs. Check 'em out:
Undergrad:
sGPA = 2.93 cGPA = 3.07
Post bac:
sGPA = 3.85 cGPA = 3.85
Graduate:
sGPA = 3.82 cGPA = 3.83
All of this, overall, combined:
sGPA = 3.11 cGPA = 3.19
The point of this post is to encourage other non-trads to give it a shot. I NEVER thought I'd be interviewed after having a terrible 3rd year in undergrad resulting in what you can see above, but I guess the COM really does care more about my 4+ years of consistent good grades in grad school as opposed to my stumbling within the middle of my 4 years of undergrad. A lot of people, including faculty members, told me they wouldn't.
For the traditional students, DON'T load up your schedule with a part time job plus tons of shadowing, volunteering, and leadership activities. Just do a few consistently. That was my mistake. It's not worth the bullet to your GPA if you end up overexerting yourself, and it's not fun having to explain yourself. Look how little the graduate and post bac GPAs affected the bottom combined one. I consider myself very lucky. However, we all know that an interview is by no means a guarantee. My fingers are tightly crossed.
I'll see some of you on Sept 28. Good luck everyone! Waiting in limbo is the pits. Keep your head up, and don't become bitter.
I interviewed last week with similar stats! I wasn't able to get my science gpa above a 3 but my post grad science GPA was a 3.87, grad 3.65 and 34 mcat (14b,8v,12p). I'm so grateful for a school that takes such a holistic look at its applicants! Hoping for the best!
I interviewed last week with similar stats! I wasn't able to get my science gpa above a 3 but my post grad science GPA was a 3.87, grad 3.65 and 34 mcat (14b,8v,12p). I'm so grateful for a school that takes such a holistic look at its applicants! Hoping for the best!
That verbal section is a bear, huh? That was my lowest section too. Congrats on the outstandingscores in the other sections and for scoring the interview. You sound like someone who really stepped it up. I was very annoyed with myself having only gotten an 11 in bio after having been a biomedical PhD student (at the time for 3 years) and an organic chem TA. I guess UF isn't too upset about that though, so it's whatever.
That verbal section is a bear, huh? That was my lowest section too. Congrats on the outstandingscores in the other sections and for scoring the interview. You sound like someone who really stepped it up. I was very annoyed with myself having only gotten an 11 in bio after having been a biomedical PhD student (at the time for 3 years) and an organic chem TA. I guess UF isn't too upset about that though, so it's whatever.
Sometimes I think that being really good in a subject can hurt you on the MCAT because you know too much and you over analyze it. My score is backwards of what one would expect, I have a BS in physics and a MA in Italian literature.. unfortunately I ran out of time on the verbal or else I would have killed it. But there is no way I am taking that beast again. Good Luck at your interview, I'm sure you will do fine. I'm going to be a nervous wreck until Oct. 15.
.
Last edited:
I didn't get a schedule.. On the 14 we had several presentations in the morning, lunch around noon then interviews.... There were three one hour blocks which were assigned to us: 2x1 hr interviews and 1 hr tour.. We were done around 4:30. hope this helps
I didn't get a schedule.. On the 14 we had several presentations in the morning, lunch around noon then interviews.... There were three one hour blocks which were assigned to us: 2x1 hr interviews and 1 hr tour.. We were done around 4:30. hope this helps
Thanks for that, do you happen to remember when you got there or when things got started? Thanks again!
We were supposed to be there by 8:15 but I think I was there by 8, things actually got started at 8:30.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, does anyone know if UF COM will accept the 5 LOR appended to the back of a committee letter? Do I have to send them all separately in order to be marked complete? Thanks for the help!
I don't think they want you to do that. Most schools want no more than 5 letters. Send them whichever you believe is strongest -- the committee letter or the three individual academic letters.
i sent the 5 LOR (three original plus the two required character letters) appended to the back of the committee letter. I called the admissions office to see if I needed to specify which two letters were the character letters and they said they way that I sent it was fine and that it was up to them to decipher what was what. you should be fine, hippocratic57.
i sent the 5 LOR (three original plus the two required character letters) appended to the back of the committee letter. I called the admissions office to see if I needed to specify which two letters were the character letters and they said they way that I sent it was fine and that it was up to them to decipher what was what. you should be fine, hippocratic57.
Good to know. I didn't know that we were allowed to do that.
.
Last edited:
Interview invite this morning!!!! I couldn't be any happier :-D
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K