You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2012-2013 University of Iowa (Carver) Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Congrats to you both!!! What time did you get the emails?
Did anyone OOS get accepted? RODRAMMIT 🙁
Did anyone OOS get accepted? RODRAMMIT 🙁
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats everyone! Any past indication that there are more than one day of acceptance emails?
Congrats to you both!!! What time did you get the emails?
Did anyone OOS get accepted? RODRAMMIT 🙁
I received the email at 3:58!
Congrats everyone! Any past indication that there are more than one day of acceptance emails?
Don't think so. I wish. 🙁
Don't think so. I wish. 🙁
I'm going to stay positive and not believe it quite yet
CONGRATS to all of those accepted! I am so excited to be your fellow classmate! Message me for my name so we can all become FB friends 🙂
To all of those still waiting: be positive!! they could still be sending out acceptance e-mails, and if not, you could get in off the waitlist!!
To all of those still waiting: be positive!! they could still be sending out acceptance e-mails, and if not, you could get in off the waitlist!!
CONGRATS to all of those accepted! I am so excited to be your fellow classmate! Message me for my name so we can all become FB friends 🙂
To all of those still waiting: be positive!! they could still be sending out acceptance e-mails, and if not, you could get in off the waitlist!!
Congrats! Is there a fb group for accepted students yet. I still can't believe it.. Is this real life 🙂 we should start a fb group if there isn't one already
Congrats! Is there a fb group for accepted students yet. I still can't believe it.. Is this real life 🙂 we should start a fb group if there isn't one already
Congrats to those of you accepted today! FB group link is here. http://www.facebook.com/groups/391101930985315/
Congrats to those of you accepted today! FB group link is here. http://www.facebook.com/groups/391101930985315/
Thank you!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wow! Congratulations!!!
congrats!
Not to piggy back off his post:
I also got the acceptance email! OOS whoooo
Do they send out acceptance emails to everyone accepted or is it possible to receive a acceptance letter via snail mail without the preceding acceptance email? ahhh
Yes they said that next week the package will arrive.
Anyone know if they have set a second look date yet?
Yes it's been set for April 12th.
I live in Iowa City and no mail yet. Im staring out the front window basically waiting to tackle the mailman the second I see him. Im just hoping for a waitlist number of 15 or below. Congrats to everyone that was outright accepted! At the moment i am just going to live through you all vicariously.
.
.
For those still waiting on the mail. Letters arrived in Iowa City today.
Did you hear from a friend that they did arrive or did you call the admissions and they were sent today? Just asking since you said you got an acceptance email. Congrats on the acceptance btw!
I received my acceptance packet. I assume they were sent at the same time.
Thanks for the clarification!
I'm waitlisted! Number 33. There's a slight chance of getting in I think....two years ago they took 29 and one year ago 31...so I will hold out! I still have my back up at DMU if needed.
I was so ready for a rejection that even 33, despite how large the number is, feels pretty darn good!!!
Third year applying, have my Masters in public health, 34Q MCAT, 3.67 undergrad GPA, 3.9 grad GPA...
I was so ready for a rejection that even 33, despite how large the number is, feels pretty darn good!!!
Third year applying, have my Masters in public health, 34Q MCAT, 3.67 undergrad GPA, 3.9 grad GPA...
I live in Iowa City and no mail yet. Im staring out the front window basically waiting to tackle the mailman the second I see him. Im just hoping for a waitlist number of 15 or below. Congrats to everyone that was outright accepted! At the moment i am just going to live through you all vicariously.
.
I was told letters definitely went out on Thursday morning when I called to accept my offer yesterday... so you'll get it today! Good luck, I'm rooting for you!
Last edited:
I live in Chicago and there was nothing from Iowa in my mail today 🙁
Rejected via mail today. I'm off to my number one school! Good luck to everyone else!
Got accepted on Wednesday!! 2nd time applicant, in state, 36O/3.7.
To those not getting in, I feel your pain. After getting that rejection letter last year I was pretty devastated. But if Iowa is where you want to go keep your head up, ask them exactly what you need to do to improve your application, buckle on your hard hat and you CAN do it! If you have questions about reapplying or anything in the med application process, please feel free to message me.
To those not getting in, I feel your pain. After getting that rejection letter last year I was pretty devastated. But if Iowa is where you want to go keep your head up, ask them exactly what you need to do to improve your application, buckle on your hard hat and you CAN do it! If you have questions about reapplying or anything in the med application process, please feel free to message me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes it's been set for April 12th.
An email I just got makes it seem like second look day is on April 13
"I hope you will reserve Saturday, April 13th, and plan on joining us for Get Acquainted Day. This is a great opportunity to get to know more about Iowa City and the college, and to meet many of your classmates."
Still no letter in the mail here 🙁
D
deleted236787
Got my letter today - I live in Des Moines. I am #19 on the in-state wait list. This is my second time applying. I'm accepted at DMU, but I think I'm going to remain on the Iowa wait list and see what happens. Good luck to everyone still waiting for their letters!
Waitlisted via snail mail today, #57, and subsequently emailed to withdraw. Good luck to those hoping for movement on the waitlist!
Edit: OOS
Edit: OOS
Last edited:
Haven't heard anything yet..... Pretty sure I'm at the bottom of the waitlist. If so, I will be withdrawing. Good luck to the rest of you
Number 15 on the OOS wait-list. Withdrawing. Good luck to everyone else!
Wait list No. 64..... Will be withdrawing... Good luck to the rest of you....
Rejected Saturday. 35Q/4.00, IS, non-trad. Best of luck to everyone!
Finally got my letter! Waitlisted, OOS, in the top 10. Remaining on it and keeping my fingers, toes, and everything else crossed!
Finally got my letter! Waitlisted, OOS, in the top 10. Remaining on it and keeping my fingers, toes, and everything else crossed!
Congrats Einstein! Top 10 on the WL seems pretty great, so I hope we get to be classmates next year!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
#20 oos. cutting it close... haha
for those that are interested below are the numbers to which they pulled from last few years oos. I got it from looking at the old threads.
2012: 17
2011: 85
2010: 76
2009: 3
2008: 105
2007: 105
that being said, I didn't notice a correlation between # of applicants/applicants vs the waitlist movement. It's all random so sit tight and wait!
for those that are interested below are the numbers to which they pulled from last few years oos. I got it from looking at the old threads.
2012: 17
2011: 85
2010: 76
2009: 3
2008: 105
2007: 105
that being said, I didn't notice a correlation between # of applicants/applicants vs the waitlist movement. It's all random so sit tight and wait!
Last edited:
Oopps yea my bad 🙂 definitely April 13. Sorry for the confusion!
Does anyone knew if we can bring guests for the second look day?
Congrats Einstein! Top 10 on the WL seems pretty great, so I hope we get to be classmates next year!
Thanks! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Iowa, so I'm really hoping, too! 🙂 Congrats on the acceptance!!
That being said - is anyone else getting delivery errors when they email the admissions office ([email protected]) ? Trying to tell them that I want my Waitlist spot, but I keep getting delivery failure emails.
Could be that they are on spring break. They might have tried to set an auto-response service that failed.
Thanks! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Iowa, so I'm really hoping, too! 🙂 Congrats on the acceptance!!
That being said - is anyone else getting delivery errors when they email the admissions office ([email protected]) ? Trying to tell them that I want my Waitlist spot, but I keep getting delivery failure emails.
That's weird! I sent mine a few hours back and I think it went through.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
to those still waiting to hear!