2013-2014 Creighton University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I guess I'll start this one out! I am applying here from CA with a 3.8/30 and hope to interview here. It seems like a great place!

Right there with you, Noggin :)

Re-applicant, but first time applying to Creighton. Good luck :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here!!!! Dam ive been running into you two on every school im applying to lol!

Applying here from Michigan! I don't know what it is, but something about this school reallllly intrigues me.

I'll be applying here from Florida!! Can't wait for secondaries to start up! :)

applying from new york :). my stats are kinda below avg but this is one of my top schools!

Hi! I'm also applying here from California, but I'm attending a Jesuit University in Chicago. Can't wait to get my MCAT scores back tomorrow and get these secondaries rolling!

Good luck everyone!

Creighton 2013-2014 Prompts

Please state your reasons for applying to Creighton University School of Medicine. (2000 characters)

How will becoming a Creighton educated physician enable you to achieve your lifetime goals and/or aspirations? (2000 characters)

Please describe your current activities/employment if you are not currently enrolled as a fulltime student.(2000 characters)

Members don't see this ad :)
They changed their prompts! So much for my pre-write! :(

I am having trouble differentiating between the two prompts. Isn't the reason why being educated by crighton the same as why you are applying to crighton? I feel like one question is asking why are you applying and the other is asking why do you want to go here. ITS THE SAME DAME QUESTION!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I am having trouble differentiating between the two prompts. Isn't the reason why being educated by crighton the same as why you are applying to crighton? I feel like one question is asking why are you applying and the other is asking why do you want to go here. ITS THE SAME DAME QUESTION!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Seriously! Do they really want to read thousands of applications where each applicant is writing duplicate essays?

Seriously! Do they really want to read thousands of applications where each applicant is writing duplicate essays?

I didn't notice this at first but thought about it after you mentioned it. I think the first question is about Creighton specifically and then they're really asking what your future career goals are in the second one. That's how I'm going to answer them I think.

I didn't notice this at first but thought about it after you mentioned it. I think the first question is about Creighton specifically and then they're really asking what your future career goals are in the second one. That's how I'm going to answer them I think.

the "Creighton educated" bit is throwing me off. Oh well, I'm going to ignore it.

I interpreted it the same as milkphlegm. I think the first one is asking what does Creighton have as a school that makes you want to go here. The second one is more along the lines of how would the education and things you get from Creighton contribute/shape your future career. Similar but I don't think they want the same type of response.

For the question "Please describe your current activities/employment if you are not currently enrolled as a fulltime student.", if I'm not currently enrolled in summer courses, are they asking about what I'm doing this summer? how did you guys interpret this question?

For the question "Please describe your current activities/employment if you are not currently enrolled as a fulltime student.", if I'm not currently enrolled in summer courses, are they asking about what I'm doing this summer? how did you guys interpret this question?
I just wrote I'm currently enrolled as a fulltime student and my graduate date. I don't think this is designed for those not taking summer courses, but rather those applicants taking a gap year or non-trads. There might be other interpretations of it though.

I just wrote I'm currently enrolled as a fulltime student and my graduate date. I don't think this is designed for those not taking summer courses, but rather those applicants taking a gap year or non-trads. There might be other interpretations of it though.

This is what I interpreted it as too.

Yep, that was my plan as well. It's nice to have one less essay to write!

Thanks guys! I also couldn't find where to submit the application fee? Did anyone else have trouble with that? Usually there is a tab for paying fees

Thanks guys! I also couldn't find where to submit the application fee? Did anyone else have trouble with that? Usually there is a tab for paying fees

Once you click submit on the application (far right tab) you enter your password twice and it will take you to a screen where you can pay. It is via PayPal so if you can't remember your login (like me) you might want to look it up.

Is it safe to say that this school emphasizes primary care?

Hey guys, I have a question for my fellow applicants. Creighton states that they dont accept letters dated prior to 2012 (http://medschool.creighton.edu/medicine/oma/app/index.php).

I have a very strong committee letter coming from my undergrad institution, but it does not contain any letters from anyone involved clinical activities.
I also have a letter packet from my graduate institution, which contains letters from multiple professors and the program director, but again there are no letters from anyone involved in clinical activities.

I was going to send a letter from an MD I volunteered and worked for in 2010. The MD is going to update the letter but he will focus on the work we did together in 2010. Though the letter will be recently dated, it will certainly be evident that the basis for the letter is an experience which took place in 2010.
Do you guys think I should send the letter? Is this something I could call the school and ask about?
There is no one else I can get a letter from who knew me in a clinical setting which occurred recently.

Secondary received this morning =)

Is anyone else having trouble with the "upload materials" link on the secondary. It doesn't work for me. This is so unbelievably frustrating especially considering that I am ready to submit and just need to upload a picture of myself.

Is anyone else having trouble with the "upload materials" link on the secondary. It doesn't work for me. This is so unbelievably frustrating especially considering that I am ready to submit and just need to upload a picture of myself.
Mine was doing the same thing earlier. I had trouble with another secondary, let it sit over night, and it worked fine the next morning. Hopefully just a tech glitch?

"Creighton asks applicants to submit current letters of recommendation. Due to this fact, Creighton will not accept letters dated prior to 2012."

what if we have a letter packet with letters before 2012.......................

Is anyone else having a trouble submitting using Safari? My essays in "Additional Information" kept getting deleted whenever I move on to the next tab or "Submit" tab. It kept showing that I didn't fill out the essays, even though I just filled out and saved them.

I just e-mailed the school and see if I am the only one with this issue.

"Creighton asks applicants to submit current letters of recommendation. Due to this fact, Creighton will not accept letters dated prior to 2012."

what if we have a letter packet with letters before 2012.......................

They will probably disregard that letter unless you contact the letter writer(s) to simply change the date.

I'm a non-traditional applicant but I also have a committee letter... do you think this is OK? Because on their website they said non-traditional applicants should have three separate letters.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm a non-traditional applicant but I also have a committee letter... do you think this is OK? Because on their website they said non-traditional applicants should have three separate letters.

Is that the only letter you have? I think they would like some more letters but I would call them because I am unsure. They have a great admission office so you should get your answer with barely any pain.

Just received an email notifying me that my application is complete. Aaaahhh, hoping like crazy for an interview invitation. I would so love to go here!

just received an email notifying me that my application is complete. Aaaahhh, hoping like crazy for an interview invitation. I would so love to go here!

+1

Has anyone that submitted early not get a complete email yet? They've received all my letters and I submitted on July 2nd.

Has anyone that submitted early not get a complete email yet? They've received all my letters and I submitted on July 2nd.
I just checked and they have classified all my letters and marked my application for complete. I'm so excited about Creighton.

Hey I am really close to submitting the secondary.

For the last question about not being a full-time student. Should this be very succinct and to the point or should I elaborate on what I am learning in my current activities?

All of my current activities are on AMCAS so this question seems odd unless they want me to spell it all out for them so they don't have to look at the primary and piece my schedule together.

Hey I am really close to submitting the secondary.

For the last question about not being a full-time student. Should this be very succinct and to the point or should I elaborate on what I am learning in my current activities?

All of my current activities are on AMCAS so this question seems odd unless they want me to spell it all out for them so they don't have to look at the primary and piece my schedule together.

I didn't expand, unless it was like a sentence to explain a new activity since submitting AMCAS (I graduated in May so things changed).